2011 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Not So Mini!
By Shan on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely impressed so far. You have to check the inside out to believe it. They have really nailed this one. We traded a GMC Yukon SLT and it feels just as large.

The first month
By rjka800 on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So far so good. We traded our '02 Odyssey EX-L for the upgraded 2011. We wanted rear entertainment and navigation so we had to get the Touring model, which we enjoy. The fact that we couldn't get an EX- L with both of these features was a bit annoying, as you can get either or, but not both (Honda may be getting a little too high-brow). It drives great and handles well, and is noticeably quieter than our '02 version. The rear folding seats stow easily, so the fact that they are not powered is un-noticed. Overall is is a vastly improved version ('02 to '11 anyway) of a great mini-van.

Nothing's perfect
By grandma of 5 on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My choice was between a Mercedes R Class & a 2011 Odyssey. Interior features & sliding doors beat out the R Class, but after less than 2 weeks, I'm having doubts. There is no way to sugar coat the lack of quality in this vehicle. The tinted windows are streaked & hazy & cannot be cleaned. The carpet is ridiculously thin and poorly installed. The flimsy fabric on the seat backs will surely deteriorate & rip out. The plastic interior finishes do not connect & the exterior panels do not line up. There is a surprising amount of wind noise on the highway. I am worried how I'll feel in 11 months if this is how I feel in 11 days. I regret not buying the R Class.

2011 Honda Touring
By 8Pack on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased the 2011 Odyssey Touring on Oct 16. We decided earlier this year to go with the Odyssey over the Sienna (only 2 minivans to offer 8 passenger seating) primarily because of step back Toyota took when they made the 8th seat (center in center row) so much smaller than in the previous '10 model. We were very surprised that Toyota did not build on this feature but rather made it a lot worse. Since we have 6 kids we really need 8 real seats - which the '11 Odyssey has. Further, we need a minimum of 4 latch positions, the Sienna only has 3 (down from 4 in last model - another step back). The Odyssey has 5 latch positions. We also like the looks inside and outside. It looks sleek.

Great engineering, questionable looks
By Briann on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up the vehicle two days ago; strikingly luxurious inside, and very nice, quiet ride. I had previously leased an '05 and an '08 and was surprised at how much more upscale the interior is on the '11. Lots of technology upgrades. I'm a little concerned that the change in the drivers foot-well will not be comfortable on long trips (left leg now not able to stretch fully). Also not happy about the roof rails no longer being present, as I actually used them on the previous models.

Darn fun to drive
By Honda Lover on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Loving it. I got the only Touring Elite in CA. and loving it already. The drive, comfort, and handling is superior. We are planning to our first road trip in 2 weeks and can't wait.

Change My Mind About Minivans
By awhite4 on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a preconceived idea that minivans were not for me. After driving the Odyssey it changed my mind so much that we purchased one that very day! It is far from the traditional minivan. The look is much more sporty and sleek. The inside is so luxurious and comfortable. The best part is the little touches that make it so handy for a family. Hooks are place in the front and middle to hang trash sacks. As a mom I really appreciate things like that. I absolutely love it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Odyssey in VA is:

$107 per month*