Used 2011 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

I LOVE MY 2011 ODYSSEY
By pithpress1

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2001 Odyssey for the 2011 model... I had already owned a 2010 for over a year. I love that car. I read where reviewer keep claiming that it is not a luxury car... what ELSE can they stick in the car? "gold bars"? It seems so much more "roomier" than the 2010 (and I love that car as well). All of the electronic gadgets are wonderful. I have made many long-distance drives and have truly enjoyed the experience. I just don't understand all the complaints about the external styling... What do you want, just the "box on wheels" look? When the two cars are side by side, I ask everybody, which do they like more, the 2010 or the 2011 style... the 2011 wins!

I love the fact that the folks at Honda have stuck their necks out for the styling. They have really walked away from the old boxy look and have proven they can re-make the van... I think it looks great... it turns heads! I find these Odyssey haters comments irritating. I am not going to knock Siennas nor T&C (I have owned two '05 & '06) or the Caravan. They are different and have their strong points (T&C aren't cheap either). I think every car should stand on its own merits. The new Odyssey has strong merits. I love the cool box and the USB interface. I also love the spaciousness of the interior.

Why did the take the change drawer feature out of the pull out? Boy does that bug me! They put some silly pull out on the left side of the stearing wheel! The center console is bulky and irritating. I can't stretch out my legs when I want to rest in the second row while someone else drives... the console now goes to the floor. On the previous models, the center tray folded down to let the kids come forward for TLC or the misses could go back... but now, NO... we have to stop. Little things but I don't like those changes. The stearing is missing the "TIGHTNESS" it had in previous models. It is not as responsive as the 2010... everybody who drives one, then the other, notices it.

Odyssey is so good I got rid of my Porsche Cayenne
By danielk1974

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great van. I traded in my Porsche Cayenne S for this. We do a lot of weekend road trips and needed something a little more comfortable for the kids. I thought I'd miss the Porsche, but it hasn't been all that bad. In my opinion, that is a pretty strong statement. Handles well, rides very smoothly, and even accelerates better than expected. The interior is spacious, comfortable, and quite nice. Much nicer than any of the competitors minivans. Those all seemed cheap and harsh. We drive at 83-84 mph on the interstate and get 22 mpg.

We use it for long road trips and I love to fold down the 3rd row seats and take a nap on the floor. Plenty long enough to spread out, relax, and sleep. We skipped on the rear entertainment system. Instead we got the two kids an iPad each and they can watch movies and play games and surf the internet. Two iPads = $1000 total. Rear entertainment was easily double that.

Maybe make the exterior a little less jagged and disconnected looking. The rear lightning bolt is just not good looking. That is my only complaint.

So far, so good.
By ody12

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 06 Volvo XC90, which was begining to exhibit some issues after it hit 100k miles (i.e. air conditioning going out TWICE), as well as having extremely expensive repair costs. While I am not completely in love with the current body style for the Odyssey, it is a very functional, well designed van. I am enjoying driving it. It's smooth and responsive in city traffic and feels as heavy as my Volvo. I am also finding it to be way more functional in terms of its interior layout for a family. The seats are as comfy as those in my Volvo. Fingers crossed that this vehicle will have far more long term durability than the Volvo.

Power liftgate and side doors, ability to lower windows on side doors; leather interior

Retractable side mirrors, turn signals on mirrors for all trim levels (not just touring); less plastic trim and more wood grain.

electrical problems with 2011 odyssey
By tcmichigan

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2011 odyssey over the new sienna because of the ability to put 3 car seats across the middle seat. I have owned the car for 2 months have havd 600 miles on it. The low battery light has repeatedly come on. I have brought it to the dealer and Honda states this is normal and caused by taking multiple short trips, which, in my opinion, is normal minivan operation in a suburban environment. This is a common problem as reported on the internet (on edmunds forums and elsewhere) with many people reporting repeated visits to the dealership with no remedy from honda. Retrospectively, I should have purchased the Sienna. The car does have multiple nice interior features.

USB interface for IPOD with vehicle sound system.

fix electrical problems. stronger battery to handle demands of multiple electrical drawing features.

Absolutely Amazing!
By eilou

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I decided to trade our 14.5 MPG Nissan Armada for this wonderful 26.0 Highway MPG living room on wheels! We purchased the Touring Elite in Smokey Topaz w/Truffle interior and it's beautiful. The overall performance is better than we expected and it's actually fun to drive. It's kind of funny that two people with no young kids are driving a minivan. It actually rides like a luxury car. The onle complaint we have however is there is something loose rolling back and forth as you make turns from left to right in the dashboard, the dealer has already pulled the dash apart once and could not fix it. It's getting ready for round 2 a complete dashboard disassemble on Monday!

The six speed transmission is worth the upgrade it helps with the overall fuel economy.

The six speed transmission should be standard equipment on all models and even the upgraded stereo could still use more wattage. Also a little more driver legroom would be a very nice addition.