Used 2011 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

2011 Odyssey Still Has Front Brake Rotor Issues
By dustync

2011 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a Love - Hate Relationship... Love the Fuel Economy (31.9 mpg at 64 mph Hwy).
Hate that Honda actually advertised the fact that they "re-engineered" the Front Brake Rotors, yet at 11,850 miles, the Dealer (Honda Autopark in Cary,NC) replaced them due to "WARPING".
The very same issue I had with my 2007 Odyssey!

The front windshield had excessive distortion along a 5-6" band of the sides, so this was also replaced.
Several of the bolt together body parts, fenders,etc. do not line up well at all (assembly issues), but have not addressed that yet.

If you start having any vibration coming from the front-end of your Odyssey, have the brake rotors checked before 12,000 mile warranty.

The exterior design changes are long overdue, and appreciated. The ride is much better as well. The front seats are still, waaaay too small for a bigger (6', 250lb) guy like me. The Fuel mileage is unbelievable! If I set the cruise at 64 mph and drive from Raleigh to Wilson, NC., I get 31.9 mpg! Get a few Honks and Headlight Flashes from the aggressive drivers as well....but too bad, gas prices are crazy! The sound system with the hard-drive is great, but only able to record 18 CD's ??? Seriously? Now have 19,500 miles in 3-1/2 months (on the road everyday), the OEM tires are going fast, way too fast.

Lower riding height of vehicle somehow, hard for most people to get in and out of rear seating from ground level (especially older folks). Better OEM Tires, Bigger Front Seats... and Really, this time, Really Re-Engineer the Front Brake Rotors!

Amazing Van
By mrwhy300

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have replaced my wife's BMW 325i with the 2011 Odyssey EX-L for a few weeks but so far we are loving it.
Touring is nice but EX-L seems to offer the most for the buck. The interior quality is fine (not as great as Quest but far better than Sienna). The exterior is quite subjective. We got some compliments in the parking lot, mostly from younger couples.
My folks think the styling is too aggressive.
I think the lighting bolt design is just fine.

I wasn't so sure about our decision prior to the delivery (Quest is our second choice as its interior is so refined...) . However, once I received the Odyssey and have the time to look at the details and drive it often, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of many little things (homelink, bluetooth phone system, nice big backup monitor on the dash, built-in hard drive for music). The wide mode 2nd row feature is useful. We have two full-size children car seat installed, and wife can sit comfortably in the middle, taking care of the 2year old and the two month old during the trips.

Handling, steering is not as "precise" as a performance car but it is definitely one of the best out of all vans out there I would say. Some people would say that is not important for a van but driving a van does not mean you need to give up the fun of driving. I saw reviews saying the handling of previous Odyssey is better than this latest one. I could not comment on that as I haven't tried the older versions. However, I can say it is definitely better than the latest Sienna, which was our first choice before Odyssey and Quest came out.

OMGosh
By believe

2011 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned Hondas since the 70's. This is by far the nicest, smoothest riding, quietest, vehicle we have ever owned. There is no problem at all merging into traffic, and there are no blind spots. We love the little wing window, the sterio is so easy to use. I can drive all day in these comfy seats. So much room for storage.
I see where there are a few complaints with the exterior design, we find that funny. The exterior design, in our opinion is simply beautiful. Honestly, really take a good look at this van and compare it to others. I'll take this over the others in a heart beat.
My brother and his wife said it's like riding in a luxury car. We have to agree.
Drive one!

So many! I would have to say the ride and quietness of this vehicle. The ease of lowering the rear seats into the floor with just a pull of the strap. Effortless. The visibilty is great. The handling really makes it feel like your driving a luxury car. We just love the fit and finish. The dash colors are perfect (we chose the tafetta white with biege interior). The interior feels so open and bright. There is no problem in finding the right adjustment in your seat. Everything is so easy to access on the dash. Gotta love the shifter. Again, effortless. The van seems a tad lower, so much easier to enter. Let's not forget the mileage. In todays world it is so important to squeeze out the mpg.

none.....not a one.

I LOVE MY 2011 ODYSSEY
By pithpress1

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2001 Odyssey for the 2011 model... I had already owned a 2010 for over a year.
I love that car.
I read where reviewer keep claiming that it is not a luxury car... what ELSE can they stick in the car?
"gold bars"?

It seems so much more "roomier" than the 2010 (and I love that car as well).
All of the electronic gadgets are wonderful.
I have made many long-distance drives and have truly enjoyed the experience.

I just don't understand all the complaints about the external styling... What do you want, just the "box on wheels" look?
When the two cars are side by side, I ask everybody, which do they like more, the 2010 or the 2011 style... the 2011 wins!

I love the fact that the folks at Honda have stuck their necks out for the styling. They have really walked away from the old boxy look and have proven they can re-make the van... I think it looks great... it turns heads! I find these Odyssey haters comments irritating. I am not going to knock Siennas nor T&C (I have owned two '05 & '06) or the Caravan. They are different and have their strong points (T&C aren't cheap either). I think every car should stand on its own merits. The new Odyssey has strong merits. I love the cool box and the USB interface. I also love the spaciousness of the interior.

Why did the take the change drawer feature out of the pull out? Boy does that bug me! They put some silly pull out on the left side of the stearing wheel! The center console is bulky and irritating. I can't stretch out my legs when I want to rest in the second row while someone else drives... the console now goes to the floor. On the previous models, the center tray folded down to let the kids come forward for TLC or the misses could go back... but now, NO... we have to stop. Little things but I don't like those changes. The stearing is missing the "TIGHTNESS" it had in previous models. It is not as responsive as the 2010... everybody who drives one, then the other, notices it.

Odyssey is so good I got rid of my Porsche Cayenne
By danielk1974

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great van.
I traded in my Porsche Cayenne S for this.
We do a lot of weekend road trips and needed something a little more comfortable for the kids.
I thought I'd miss the Porsche, but it hasn't been all that bad.
In my opinion, that is a pretty strong statement.
Handles well, rides very smoothly, and even accelerates better than expected.
The interior is spacious, comfortable, and quite nice.
Much nicer than any of the competitors minivans.
Those all seemed cheap and harsh.
We drive at 83-84 mph on the interstate and get 22 mpg.

We use it for long road trips and I love to fold down the 3rd row seats and take a nap on the floor. Plenty long enough to spread out, relax, and sleep. We skipped on the rear entertainment system. Instead we got the two kids an iPad each and they can watch movies and play games and surf the internet. Two iPads = $1000 total. Rear entertainment was easily double that.

Maybe make the exterior a little less jagged and disconnected looking. The rear lightning bolt is just not good looking. That is my only complaint.