2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Love it more than I thought I would
By Honda lover! on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2000 Honda van with 193,000 miles. Really was looking at the 2010 discounted models - unable to find the one I wanted with the right options - we decided to consider the 2011. Beautiful interior and more options than I ever dreamed of. I wasn't crazy about the new exterior so I had roof rails and side molding added - boy does that help! It gives it the more of the profile I like about the Odysseys. The ride is very quiet and comfortable. I don't think you can go wrong with a Honda.

Honda Odyssey is Outstanding
By RC on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle handles well, and is a fun experience for the entire family. With all of the added features Honda places in the van, there is no doubt that this is a vehicle that will appeal to the consumer that is hesitant to purchase a minivan. This vehicle has a unique design and styling that is intend to be progressive and streamline.

A Movable Living Room
By suzanne on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wow. My first Honda and am blown away. Crazy interior space...like driving around with your living room attached to you! Yet handles really well and gets pretty good gas mileage. Have only had it for a week, so very early, but I am Miss Picky w/ cars. Great deal at dealer and great service here in MA. Not sure I believe promised MPG, but will see. I do wish it were about 4 inches narrower, but then again I am not needing to haul 8 people as this van is designed for.

We Love it!
By Orange&Blue on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best driving vehicle we have ever owned. Has a very sporty/stiff suspension which is fun to drive. Can't believe it's a minivan! Very quite ride. Interior is laid out very well. We love the interior quality and ergonomics. Ride and interior quality made the difference to us versus other mini vans available. Personally, I like the exterior styling, it's sportier, differentiating, and better looking (chrome edging)than the Ody's main competitor. We opted for Nav. only EXL. We have an ipad and that keeps the kids busy on long trips. Also, DVD can be added after the fact by dealer if we change our mind on this. Eco cylinder limiting and monitoring is neat and helps us conserve fuel.

Excellent
By dc on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great car, very happy with my purchase. Excellent ride and great for my young family

10 years of the odyssey
By ody_fan on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been driving an Ody since 1999, the 2011 model was my 5th one. I purchased a 2011 touring elite based on the past 4 cars, assuming that it would be another set of typical Honda improvements. That is largely the case, almost everything in the car has gotten better. Unfortunately, the American design team removed the typical Japanese drive characteristics. The steering is awful. The car is all over the road especially on the highway. The steering wheel can be moved 3 inches before the car responds with a much delayed "wobble" that rolls the body. The brakes are similarly unresponsive and less precise than prior models, although hard braking is better. "Respect The Van" no more.

Awesome
By cheleng on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got the 2011 Odyssey after trading my 2007. Lots of perks on the new one. Like the design not boxy as the previous models more of a JDM car but built in the USA. Have room for improvements but in all it is the best minivan out there.

The Real Swagger Wagon
By Bulldog on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wife always wanted a van and from the moment we saw the 2011 model we new that this would be the one. Purchased white/beige leather and had a super smooth transaction at Bluegrass Honda in Paducah, KY. Love the exterior and we have been very impressed with the interior too. Front dash button are intuitive the RES is amazing . Only problem is my son completely disappears into DVD land once he enters the van. Very impressed with the ride and quietness. Sitting lower give a noticeable tightness around corners. My only gripe that the beige leather interior is insanely predisposed to looking dingy. Front seat bottom is black from our clothes! Concerned how well this will age with kids.

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring
By 8Pack on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased an '11 Touring on Oct 16. Primary reason was the van has the best seating and gas mileage of all vans on the market. We have 6 kids, so we needed 6 real seats. Dodge/Chrysler/VW only offer 7 passenger seating, Toyota claims 8 but it more like 7 1/2. We also needed 4 latch positions. All above mentioned makes only offer 3, while Honda offers 5. We use all 3 latch positions in the 2nd row. Very handy. We use one latch position in the 3rd row (in the center, utilizing the inside latch of each of the outboard seats). The 2 outboard 3rd row positions we have booster seats. All of this fits, so we were sold. This is our first Honda. We like the looks in and out. The handling is great.

Not So Mini!
By Shan on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely impressed so far. You have to check the inside out to believe it. They have really nailed this one. We traded a GMC Yukon SLT and it feels just as large.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan in VA is:

$107 per month*