2011 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Poor quality and terrible support service
By klim on 12/22/10 20:41 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first car was a Civic and enjoyed driving it for many years and had a very good impression with Honda's reliability. I also have friends and family who bought Odyssey (2002, 2007 and 2010 models) and all recommend it. When I shop for minivan, I was thinking between Sienna and Odyssey. Then, Honda announced a new 2011 model (Sienna is coming with new model in 2012),and I bought it 3 weeks ago. To my disappointment, the quality is very poor-- Third row (magic) seat doesn't fold down a few times. Second row seat doesn't lock in place after you adjust the seat, it slides. Entertainment system doesn't shutdown today even after I removed the key and lock the door. Honda dealer is not helpfu

Suburban for Odyssey
By hurs on 12/22/10 05:01 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in our 07 LTZ Suburban for the 11 EX-L Odyssey. COULD NOT BE HAPPIER! We have Triplet 5 year olds that we wanted to keep in their Britax seats so had limited availability. Wow! What a dream this "trucklet" is. I never wanted to be a mini-van owner, but this is heaven on earth! The Odyssey has much smaller exterior then the Suburban, but more interior room! Comfortable, sporty (2011), ease of use, seat capabilities FAR exceed the Suburban. We wanted the Mercedes R Series or the GLK and the Odyssey's options/ease of use blew the Mercedes out of the water! If you have multiple children and want a fun and comfortable ride try the ODYSSEY you will NOT be disappointed! Delighted!

The Best of the Bunch!
By eddiewannabee1 on 12/18/10 11:02 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a Touring Elite Odyssey about a month ago. Had a 2010 Odyssey we traded in. The 2010 was already making unwanted noises, rattles and more. The 2011 is much more quiet than previous Odysseys we owned. The stereo system is superior than all previous Honda models, if only for the wattage. The ride is as expected, comfortable and uneventful, and again noise cancellation is superior than previous Odysseys. Room is plentiful and gas mileage a little better than previous models. The technology aspect is quite remarkable. It seems they decided to include just about every which way and it shows. The looks of the van are somewhat different from the 2010 but it does look good all around.

2011 ODYSSEY
By Duggg on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 1st minivan and we bought this over a Honda Pilot because it was more sensible for our growing family. We compared the 2011 Sienna and Odyssey. The Odyssey won due to the ease of the folding rear seats and my wife liked the looks and drive better. I have only two complaints, the driver seat doesn't go back far enough (I'm 6'2)and the middle row of seats CANNOT be arranged to have the two bigger seats side by side with the smaller center seat removed for easier access to the rear. Great van otherwise, very happy.

Lots of Space, But Not Fun to Drive
By Jim on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I chose this minivan over an SUV after much begging from my wife, who liked the space, practicality and fuel efficiency. I regret the purchase. Car has lots of space, but the 5-speed models still have lots of road noise. Car is fuel efficient but not much better than SUV considering this is a 2 wd. VCM spends too much time fumbling with how many cylinders you need, which results in an unpleasant drive and a lack of confidence in the car's ability to accelerate at times. 3rd row access is just as bad as in an suv especially when you have car seats in the 2nd row. Honda technology/electronics are not as intuitive or impressive as in cars like the Flex. SUV with a roof rack is a good alternative

Better!
By Eddie Wannabee on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a Touring Elite 2011 on 11/22/10 with only 2 miles on the odometer. Traded a 2010 Touring. Love to explain but there wouldn't be enough space. Read the reviews here and other sites. Some reviews were real negative and became cause for concern. This van is better than previous Odyssey's we owned by far. The stereo on the Elite is a thing to savor and the technology loaded aspect a true delight. None of the criticisms about how bad they ride, the soft ride, etc. Better built (rattle very annoying on the driver's side door previous van here, in the same harsh road, totally silent). I think for the money this one beats all competitors. The Touring Elite is the best investment. Worth it!

Mobile House!
By abc3000 on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2005 EX-L, 2009 EX, and Now the 2011 Touring Elite. This is the best one. Feels connected to ground and solid. People think its an SUV sometimes. The Kids love the entertainment system. I just love this Minivan! I enjoy taking the kids out in this Honda. Other cars I had include lexus IS-F, Audi A4, Lexus GS 08, BMW Z3 but the odyssey I can drive all day!

Best Mini Van Availible to Date.
By Lars on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's a fun to drive van, good fuel economy, it's quiet and has plenty of tech features.

Excellent Van
By DM on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Honda Odyssey is fun to drive and can easily accommodate families with 3 or more kids. It shows the power you need when traveling and the security you expect from a family van. Honda Odyssey runs deeply in my family and we all agree that it's a much better van than Toyota Sienna.

Great car
By Mike on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had many cars and this is maybe the best one yet. I have had 3 full size custom vans and one minivan. So I know what I am looking for. The interior room is great and I am 6'4" with many grandkids to occupy the second and third seats. The car has many tech features and the ride is really really great.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Odyssey in VA is:

$107 per month*