2011 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews 4

2011 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Odyssey is so good I got rid of my Porsche Cayenne
By danielk1974 on 04/06/11 18:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great van. I traded in my Porsche Cayenne S for this. We do a lot of weekend road trips and needed something a little more comfortable for the kids. I thought I'd miss the Porsche, but it hasn't been all that bad. In my opinion, that is a pretty strong statement. Handles well, rides very smoothly, and even accelerates better than expected. The interior is spacious, comfortable, and quite nice. Much nicer than any of the competitors minivans. Those all seemed cheap and harsh. We drive at 83-84 mph on the interstate and get 22 mpg.

So far, so good.
By ody12 on 04/04/11 08:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 06 Volvo XC90, which was begining to exhibit some issues after it hit 100k miles (i.e. air conditioning going out TWICE), as well as having extremely expensive repair costs. While I am not completely in love with the current body style for the Odyssey, it is a very functional, well designed van. I am enjoying driving it. It's smooth and responsive in city traffic and feels as heavy as my Volvo. I am also finding it to be way more functional in terms of its interior layout for a family. The seats are as comfy as those in my Volvo. Fingers crossed that this vehicle will have far more long term durability than the Volvo.

electrical problems with 2011 odyssey
By tcmichigan on 03/18/11 16:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2011 odyssey over the new sienna because of the ability to put 3 car seats across the middle seat. I have owned the car for 2 months have havd 600 miles on it. The low battery light has repeatedly come on. I have brought it to the dealer and Honda states this is normal and caused by taking multiple short trips, which, in my opinion, is normal minivan operation in a suburban environment. This is a common problem as reported on the internet (on edmunds forums and elsewhere) with many people reporting repeated visits to the dealership with no remedy from honda. Retrospectively, I should have purchased the Sienna. The car does have multiple nice interior features.

Absolutely Amazing!
By eilou on 03/18/11 07:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I decided to trade our 14.5 MPG Nissan Armada for this wonderful 26.0 Highway MPG living room on wheels! We purchased the Touring Elite in Smokey Topaz w/Truffle interior and it's beautiful. The overall performance is better than we expected and it's actually fun to drive. It's kind of funny that two people with no young kids are driving a minivan. It actually rides like a luxury car. The onle complaint we have however is there is something loose rolling back and forth as you make turns from left to right in the dashboard, the dealer has already pulled the dash apart once and could not fix it. It's getting ready for round 2 a complete dashboard disassemble on Monday!

It's a LUXURY Car!
By sbinevv on 02/27/11 20:33 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Many owners are parents who looked for a minivan and liked the Odyssey's features. Our kids are grown, no grandkids yet, and I'm a businessman. We wanted a luxury car that would seat up to 8 adult family members or haul bikes or kayaks inside it. We got it all. We relied on owner/reviewers in Edmunds who often mentioned "comfort," "quiet," "room," "ride" and "handling." We bought the Touring Elite, but any model from EX-L up is a luxury car. The truffle interior on ours is dark grey/brown that has a rich look but also will hide dirt and marks. Every detail has been thought out and designed to be practical. The amount of technology is incredible. Chose it over Sienna and Enclave.

UNDRIVABLE DISASTER
By tturner201 on 02/21/11 15:34 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drivers had to constantly fight the steering wheel. The slightest breeze, curve or slope of the road pulled the steering wheel so hard no one would drive it far. Honda acknowledged the problem, but stated they could not correct it. I had to sell it at very high loss.

love, love, love it!!!
By llama5 on 02/18/11 20:38 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the new Honda Odyssey. I traded my 2006 Honda in for the new 2011 Touring in black. Looks awesome and super sleek in black. Since purchasing this new Honda I have had NOTHING but compliments from strangers admiring the new look of the Honda. The reviews I read were somewhat negative of the new body but when you see it in person it looks so much better and the black color looks the best. I have three kids so space and safety are important to me. I feel super safe toting my kids in the new Honda. It drives like a dream and the interior is sleek yet simple. I noticed that it DOES not have roof racks and it bothered me at first but now I'm happy without them.

30 days later
By v2004 on 02/07/11 14:16 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I now have my Odyssey for the full 30 days and I must tell you that I love it more every day. The exterior styling which at first looked a little odd finally started taking shape in my mind. I can now appreciate the styling much more especially after I added roof rails/racks and door moldings (a must). I also realized that Sienna's exterior style which at first looked better, looks too plain and too Japanese compared to the Odyssey.

Minivan for life
By v2004 on 01/28/11 18:25 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After we had a third baby I started looking for something that would fit the entire family without hassle and would be pleasant to drive. I looked at the Sienna and the Odyssey. While Sienna wins in the exterior styling and available AWD option, nothing else comes even close to the craftsmanship, comfort and quality of the Odyssey. The material (especially hard plastic) used in Sienna are just terrible, even the top of the line model feels cheap. The Odyssey on the other hand is very well made. It feels and looks expensive. The ride quality and especially cornering is much better than Sienna. While Odyssey feels planted without much of a body roll, Sienna feels like a boat on wheels.

Overall - Good
By erik_h on 12/31/10 22:35 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First mini-van, wanted a vehicle with 3rd row. Looked at all the competition and his was the choice for us. Happy with the choice and have very little to complain about. Interior is better then the competition and was better fit for my family.