Used 2011 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Most Helpful|
Waste of 40Gs
By 2goldens_1

2011 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Too many problems that Honda cannot fix. Tried 6 times still can't fix them, so they have now determined 'normal'. It is normal for the AC to turn on by itself. It is normal for it to start vibrating as if going over rumble strips. It is normal for the front end to make grinding noises. It is normal for 'Low Battery' message to come on all the time. By the way, when vibration gets very bad, I've lost throttle response - cannot accelerate. Has happened three times. Only 6000 kms on vehicle. Wish I bought Toyota Sienna or Dodge would have been better. This is my third and last new Honda vehicle. Customer service has been pathetic. Don't buy this lemon on wheels!

Favorite Features

8 Seats

Suggested Improvements

Train staff on how to troubleshoot highly technical vehicle

Time for Honda to leave America in my opinion
By shorty73

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have two Honda Odysseys a 2011 elite and a 2005 touring. Honda dealerships will not stand behind either one. The 2005 has problems with needing a motor mount due to virbration from variable cylindar management system. Had tires for life if I had maintenance done at the dealer. Went through 4 sets of michelins. None got over 30,000 miles. Honda made dealers by a 30,000 tire changing machine and my tires (free for life started costing me 340 dollars for each new set. Bought a service contract from Honda dealer and after two years had to replace two windshields. The policy did not cover OEM parts. Now I own a Hybrid part Honda and part Aftermarket crap. Having strut problems; not covered.

Favorite Features

Honda use to make a good automobile. Too many problems lately and neither will Honda or the Dealer stand behind their product. Example, the US congress and Honda are at logerheads over Honda overall failure to stand behind the Takata air bags. I am going with Hundai in the future.

Suggested Improvements

Man UP If you can't manufacture a product you can stand behind keep it on your side of the pond. My Opinion

Seriously!?
By odysseyforme

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Odyssey since August 2011 and it has 35k on it. I used to love it and now I want to melt it down to form a casket. I averaged 33 miles all the time until a few months ago. I now average 11, yes you read correctly a third of what I used to get. Two dealerships cannot explain this, they did replace the struts. Why?! I have never had a car that needed this work before this soon. The other issue is the gremlins...the Bluetooth switching from phone to van to phone to van, etc while on call or not. The last irritating issue is the computer reset, the car resets itself as if you just refueled it but you haven't.

Favorite Features

Can't think of any

Suggested Improvements

Heated and cooled seats, consistent gas mileage- more color options

Another rave review
By noflash1

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The ride is very smooth and the van feels so solid, it really feels like you are driving an Acura. We got the EXL to get a ton of goodies and nothing too frivilous. I can't consider $2k for nav when I need it once a year and can buy an aftermarket for $200. And I don't want my kids watching DVDs the second they get in the car. The EXL has tons of great features; my favorite being the CD Library -- it'll record about 400 songs from your CDs to a hard drive. The safety is top notch, great crash test, large rear view camera is very comforting. We've been averaging 24 mpg in mild weather -- no A/C. It's the only minivan you can fit 2 carseat and a Granni in the middle row. :)

Favorite Features

Heated Seats, CD Library, Sunroof, Crash tests, rear view camera, bluetooth

Suggested Improvements

More adjustable seatback, better gas mileage, 6 speed for non Touring models

A Pleasant Surprise
By mpyles1

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Needing a vehicle that carried more than 5 adults comfortably, I started my search focused on third-row comfort, as differences in comfort for first- and second-row passengers in current minivans are minimal. An owner of German cars, I first looked at the new M-B R class but found it's third row lacking (and I have not found M-B reliability to be the best). A fan of good car design, I next looked at the Ford Flex. It was a real possibility. But then I test drove a Honda Odyssey and found myself sitting in the most comfortable interior -- in any position -- of any vehicle I have ever encountered.

Favorite Features

Here's a shock. I am a performance nut and own a 2010 Audi R8 V10. But more and more often, when I am driving alone or carrying just one passenger, I grab the Honda keys. Why? Well, the thing is just so darn all-around pleasant. It drives astonishingly well for a vehicle of its size. It's reasonably peppy and gets surprisingly good gas mileage. And, whether it's just me or a passel of friends, everyone is comfortable from stem to stern. The biggest surprise: the sound system. It's perhaps the best of any car I've owned, including several high-end German cars and a Lexus. (I have the Touring Elite with the 12-speaker systems.)

Suggested Improvements

The dashboard functionality is fine, but it could look at bit more classy (especially in the top-end models). And there is a highly annoying chirp at highway speed that one should never encounter in a Honda. I'm going to have the dealer look into it at the first oil change, we be all know how devilishly hard those creaks can be to locate. In a vehicle that does so many things sometimes conflicting things so surprisingly well, a loud chronic squeak is VERY frustrating.