Used 2011 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Brake issues
By ny99

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just reached 16,000 miles on our 2011 Odyssey and I have mixed feelings. The modern conveniences such as the XM radio, rear view camera, heated seats, and hands free phone are nice. It has smooth, quiet acceleration and handles much better than our 2006 Sienna did. The interior is well designed and it proved to be comfortable on a recent trip from NY to Florida. However, the front brake rotors have had issues and recently had to be resurfaced by the dealer. This isn't the first time I've experienced brake problems with a Honda vehicle, but it may be the last. The Sienna we traded in for this vehicle had 96,000 miles on it and never had any rotor issues. Fix the brakes Honda!!!

XM radio, hands free phone, rear view camera, smooth & quiet acceleration, gas mileage as advertised, comfortable seats.

The driver's foot rest is too wide and prevents you from fully extending your left leg. Road noise could be improved. (It's really bad with snow tires.) The sliding doors creak around turns. The quality of the brake rotors is terrible.

Before You Buy, You Might Want To Read On!!!
By trron9

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2011 Ody for 4 months, mileage 10, 052 miles, this has truely been a Love/ Hate Relationship! You see my vehicle has been to the Service Department for various reasons more times than I care to remember, when you start to know your Service Advisors on a 1st name basis something is truely wrong! 1st I had multiple issues with the bluetooth requiring replacement of the Hands Free Module, requiring multiple trips before it was resolved, also I'm a big man, the seat trim repeatedly continues to break as it's held together by plastic clips a poor design, everone that buys a minivan is not going to be a 100lb Soccer Mom, Now I've developed a creaky sound in the front of the vehicle!!!

I love exterior design of the vehicle, the interior room is spacious for a large family and although initially it takes some gettting use to the controls are thoughtfully placed, I.E. radio, cilmate controls, etc.

Each complaint I've had that the dealership couldn't resolve I've had to call into the Honda Consumer Complaint Line for Help!!! It's almost taken a act of Congress to get them to stand behind there products which as a new car owner I've found extremely frustrating!!! I've heard all these great things about Honda about quality, I can only speak to what I'm experiencing!!! Honda needs to improve Durability, Quality of Materials and there Workmanship! There Willingness to stand behind there products!!! Don't take the American Pubic for Granted!!!

Review after the first thousand miles
By afanasya

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We decided on Odyssey over Sienna for the following reasons: 1. higher crash ratings for the front passenger; 2. usable middle seat in the second row; 3. more space in the third row; 4. the economy mode (3 or 4 cylinders) for the engine. No mater what they say, coming from Toyota Camry, the road noise is definitely noticeable at high way speeds. I feel more comfortable with Toyota’s power train. Odyssey’s transmission on some occasion downshifts rough. Brakes are soft. For leather interior you get maybe 30% real leather on some parts of van’s seats and “man made materials” for the rest. Still Odyssey looks like a good van so far and drives well.

In addition to mentioned above, drives like a car, easy steering

Road noise, real and better quality leather inside

Love the van but Hands Free Link is the WORST!
By uniforms

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned four Honda Odyssey's all Touring models. I love this 2011 version but have traded it once thinking I just had a lemon. Both 2011 Odyssey's drove well, and I loved every feature. I never had a problem with using bluetooth with any previous Odysseys (last one was 2010). Till this one. First two weeks everything was fine, then the calls would go from the car to the phone and back to the car. This was intermittent at first but then has become an ongoing problem. Hands free link does confirm the problem but has yet to find a fix. I bought the car from its introduction. The 2nd one was bought this April. I use an iPhone 4. I would rather keep the iPhone than the car

Drive, Fuel economy, radio, nav.

Bluetooth, bluetooth, bluetooth! Keyless entry. Better use of the console. I miss the adjustablility of the old 2nd row. Wish they would give more options with that. Heated steering wheel. Overall the fit and finish does not seem as good as the older Odysseys. I think there is room for improvement there. Chrysler T & C actually offers more features and value now. I'm considering it strongly.

New Odyssey is Great
By irg

2011 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2008 EX model prior to this. This time, I leased the "base" model, as it was most affordable, and I didn't think I'd miss the power doors and a couple of other features. I do miss them, but not that much. The overall appearance even on the LX model is nicer, more rugged appearance. Love the 17" wheels, even the LX model looks nicer than my old one. Brakes are noticeably better. I do like the controls on the old EX better. Overall though, the feeling, responsiveness of this van is a step up from the old model.

Nice appearance, strong acceleration, good braking, roomy, affordable for the most part.

I wish the hvac system had larger controls. They're pretty small on the LX model. Radio controls also more complicated than they need to be.