2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Not Reliable - No Roadside Assistance on Warranty
By 4kennyk on 11/30/11 20:59 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At 3100 miles would not start - just clicked. It was a Sunday, there was no one to call, seems I didn't buy an extended warranty which would provide Honda Care/roadside. Charged battery, key dropped at dealership. Dealer advised nothing wrong, but put in a new battery just in case - mentioned no parasitic drain. Looked up parasitic drain, seems to be a chronic problem with Odyssey dating back to 2004, that is difficult to fix, and leaves many stranded. Traded in on a Yukon at a $5k + loss - Honda doesn't care - they don't even answer the phone on Sundays. By the way, fuel mileage was at worst about 20, at best about 25, with a very light foot, flat and 75% hwy w/ normal a/c use.

2011 transmission issues
By madjackson on 10/14/11 15:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

the transmission shudders @ 15-30 mph took it to the dealer 1st time told me nothing was wrong 3rd time they are waiting for honda to figure out was is the problem no time line I have a child on a ventilator this is his primary transportation they said it is safe to drive how can it be safe if they cant even tell me what the problem is my concern is being stranded with 2 kids and one with a boat load of medical equipment spoke with honda directly they said they MIGHT get back to us in 2 weeks fine we told the dealer we wanted to trade it for a pilot and in so many words they said no we needed to wait for honda to tell them what they could do! btw we didnt ask for anything special on trade in

Luxuary
By manu5 on 05/03/11 10:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just bought and it drives and feels like a luxury car not like a minivan. I am glad I waited to buy the minivan. This is a great minivan. Turned away from Sienna since its interior looked very plastic and cheap.

UNDRIVABLE DISASTER
By tturner201 on 02/21/11 15:34 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drivers had to constantly fight the steering wheel. The slightest breeze, curve or slope of the road pulled the steering wheel so hard no one would drive it far. Honda acknowledged the problem, but stated they could not correct it. I had to sell it at very high loss.

love, love, love it!!!
By llama5 on 02/18/11 20:38 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the new Honda Odyssey. I traded my 2006 Honda in for the new 2011 Touring in black. Looks awesome and super sleek in black. Since purchasing this new Honda I have had NOTHING but compliments from strangers admiring the new look of the Honda. The reviews I read were somewhat negative of the new body but when you see it in person it looks so much better and the black color looks the best. I have three kids so space and safety are important to me. I feel super safe toting my kids in the new Honda. It drives like a dream and the interior is sleek yet simple. I noticed that it DOES not have roof racks and it bothered me at first but now I'm happy without them.

Great first minivan
By Mike on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Pros: Best minivan out there Like the looks Lots of gadgets etc. Awesome RES system Comfortable and cavernous interior Cons: (context of my first minivan after driving an Infiniti G35S) Acceleration is slow Other cars like to pass me on the freeway or cut me off now This is my first minivan and I must admit I was not sold until I had my entire family climb into it and everyone was silent and comfy. That sold me. Huge interior for the 3 kids, great seats up front with lots of gadgets for the wife, and easy to drive. Feels like I'm driving a boat compared to infiniti g35S. "Vanity succumbs to convenience and silence" -- my sister.

Excellent
By dc on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great car, very happy with my purchase. Excellent ride and great for my young family

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring
By 8Pack on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased an '11 Touring on Oct 16. Primary reason was the van has the best seating and gas mileage of all vans on the market. We have 6 kids, so we needed 6 real seats. Dodge/Chrysler/VW only offer 7 passenger seating, Toyota claims 8 but it more like 7 1/2. We also needed 4 latch positions. All above mentioned makes only offer 3, while Honda offers 5. We use all 3 latch positions in the 2nd row. Very handy. We use one latch position in the 3rd row (in the center, utilizing the inside latch of each of the outboard seats). The 2 outboard 3rd row positions we have booster seats. All of this fits, so we were sold. This is our first Honda. We like the looks in and out. The handling is great.

The first month
By rjka800 on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So far so good. We traded our '02 Odyssey EX-L for the upgraded 2011. We wanted rear entertainment and navigation so we had to get the Touring model, which we enjoy. The fact that we couldn't get an EX- L with both of these features was a bit annoying, as you can get either or, but not both (Honda may be getting a little too high-brow). It drives great and handles well, and is noticeably quieter than our '02 version. The rear folding seats stow easily, so the fact that they are not powered is un-noticed. Overall is is a vastly improved version ('02 to '11 anyway) of a great mini-van.

2011 Honda Touring
By 8Pack on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased the 2011 Odyssey Touring on Oct 16. We decided earlier this year to go with the Odyssey over the Sienna (only 2 minivans to offer 8 passenger seating) primarily because of step back Toyota took when they made the 8th seat (center in center row) so much smaller than in the previous '10 model. We were very surprised that Toyota did not build on this feature but rather made it a lot worse. Since we have 6 kids we really need 8 real seats - which the '11 Odyssey has. Further, we need a minimum of 4 latch positions, the Sienna only has 3 (down from 4 in last model - another step back). The Odyssey has 5 latch positions. We also like the looks inside and outside. It looks sleek.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan in VA is:

$108 per month*