2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Seriously!?
By odysseyforme on 10/08/13 21:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Odyssey since August 2011 and it has 35k on it. I used to love it and now I want to melt it down to form a casket. I averaged 33 miles all the time until a few months ago. I now average 11, yes you read correctly a third of what I used to get. Two dealerships cannot explain this, they did replace the struts. Why?! I have never had a car that needed this work before this soon. The other issue is the gremlins...the Bluetooth switching from phone to van to phone to van, etc while on call or not. The last irritating issue is the computer reset, the car resets itself as if you just refueled it but you haven't.

3 Transmissions
By shicketmaster on 08/05/13 19:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased new and had banging transmission problem and stranded around 20K miles. After 2 weeks of Honda being unable to determine underlying cause of problem, the transmission was replaced with a rebuilt. I found it concerning that they had rebuilt transmissions already for this new model of transmission when it needed replaced. Second transmission made it twice as long and started having rough shifting problems. Replaced again at 60K miles just before end of warranty. Lucky due to timing, but unlucky with transmissions on this vehicle. Don't get a touring with the 6 speed because they don't know why this keeps happening. Otherwise, enjoy the vehicle.

A Pleasant Surprise
By mpyles1 on 08/28/11 12:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Needing a vehicle that carried more than 5 adults comfortably, I started my search focused on third-row comfort, as differences in comfort for first- and second-row passengers in current minivans are minimal. An owner of German cars, I first looked at the new M-B R class but found it's third row lacking (and I have not found M-B reliability to be the best). A fan of good car design, I next looked at the Ford Flex. It was a real possibility. But then I test drove a Honda Odyssey and found myself sitting in the most comfortable interior -- in any position -- of any vehicle I have ever encountered.

Love the van but Hands Free Link is the WORST!
By uniforms on 08/12/11 03:02 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned four Honda Odyssey's all Touring models. I love this 2011 version but have traded it once thinking I just had a lemon. Both 2011 Odyssey's drove well, and I loved every feature. I never had a problem with using bluetooth with any previous Odysseys (last one was 2010). Till this one. First two weeks everything was fine, then the calls would go from the car to the phone and back to the car. This was intermittent at first but then has become an ongoing problem. Hands free link does confirm the problem but has yet to find a fix. I bought the car from its introduction. The 2nd one was bought this April. I use an iPhone 4. I would rather keep the iPhone than the car

Absolutely Amazing!
By eilou on 03/18/11 07:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I decided to trade our 14.5 MPG Nissan Armada for this wonderful 26.0 Highway MPG living room on wheels! We purchased the Touring Elite in Smokey Topaz w/Truffle interior and it's beautiful. The overall performance is better than we expected and it's actually fun to drive. It's kind of funny that two people with no young kids are driving a minivan. It actually rides like a luxury car. The onle complaint we have however is there is something loose rolling back and forth as you make turns from left to right in the dashboard, the dealer has already pulled the dash apart once and could not fix it. It's getting ready for round 2 a complete dashboard disassemble on Monday!

It's a LUXURY Car!
By sbinevv on 02/27/11 20:33 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Many owners are parents who looked for a minivan and liked the Odyssey's features. Our kids are grown, no grandkids yet, and I'm a businessman. We wanted a luxury car that would seat up to 8 adult family members or haul bikes or kayaks inside it. We got it all. We relied on owner/reviewers in Edmunds who often mentioned "comfort," "quiet," "room," "ride" and "handling." We bought the Touring Elite, but any model from EX-L up is a luxury car. The truffle interior on ours is dark grey/brown that has a rich look but also will hide dirt and marks. Every detail has been thought out and designed to be practical. The amount of technology is incredible. Chose it over Sienna and Enclave.

The Best of the Bunch!
By eddiewannabee1 on 12/18/10 11:02 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a Touring Elite Odyssey about a month ago. Had a 2010 Odyssey we traded in. The 2010 was already making unwanted noises, rattles and more. The 2011 is much more quiet than previous Odysseys we owned. The stereo system is superior than all previous Honda models, if only for the wattage. The ride is as expected, comfortable and uneventful, and again noise cancellation is superior than previous Odysseys. Room is plentiful and gas mileage a little better than previous models. The technology aspect is quite remarkable. It seems they decided to include just about every which way and it shows. The looks of the van are somewhat different from the 2010 but it does look good all around.

Better!
By Eddie Wannabee on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a Touring Elite 2011 on 11/22/10 with only 2 miles on the odometer. Traded a 2010 Touring. Love to explain but there wouldn't be enough space. Read the reviews here and other sites. Some reviews were real negative and became cause for concern. This van is better than previous Odyssey's we owned by far. The stereo on the Elite is a thing to savor and the technology loaded aspect a true delight. None of the criticisms about how bad they ride, the soft ride, etc. Better built (rattle very annoying on the driver's side door previous van here, in the same harsh road, totally silent). I think for the money this one beats all competitors. The Touring Elite is the best investment. Worth it!

Mobile House!
By abc3000 on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2005 EX-L, 2009 EX, and Now the 2011 Touring Elite. This is the best one. Feels connected to ground and solid. People think its an SUV sometimes. The Kids love the entertainment system. I just love this Minivan! I enjoy taking the kids out in this Honda. Other cars I had include lexus IS-F, Audi A4, Lexus GS 08, BMW Z3 but the odyssey I can drive all day!

10 years of the odyssey
By ody_fan on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been driving an Ody since 1999, the 2011 model was my 5th one. I purchased a 2011 touring elite based on the past 4 cars, assuming that it would be another set of typical Honda improvements. That is largely the case, almost everything in the car has gotten better. Unfortunately, the American design team removed the typical Japanese drive characteristics. The steering is awful. The car is all over the road especially on the highway. The steering wheel can be moved 3 inches before the car responds with a much delayed "wobble" that rolls the body. The brakes are similarly unresponsive and less precise than prior models, although hard braking is better. "Respect The Van" no more.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan in VA is:

$110 per month*