2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Another rave review
By noflash1 on 09/29/11 14:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The ride is very smooth and the van feels so solid, it really feels like you are driving an Acura. We got the EXL to get a ton of goodies and nothing too frivilous. I can't consider $2k for nav when I need it once a year and can buy an aftermarket for $200. And I don't want my kids watching DVDs the second they get in the car. The EXL has tons of great features; my favorite being the CD Library -- it'll record about 400 songs from your CDs to a hard drive. The safety is top notch, great crash test, large rear view camera is very comforting. We've been averaging 24 mpg in mild weather -- no A/C. It's the only minivan you can fit 2 carseat and a Granni in the middle row. :)

Review after the first thousand miles
By afanasya on 08/14/11 16:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We decided on Odyssey over Sienna for the following reasons: 1. higher crash ratings for the front passenger; 2. usable middle seat in the second row; 3. more space in the third row; 4. the economy mode (3 or 4 cylinders) for the engine. No mater what they say, coming from Toyota Camry, the road noise is definitely noticeable at high way speeds. I feel more comfortable with Toyota’s power train. Odyssey’s transmission on some occasion downshifts rough. Brakes are soft. For leather interior you get maybe 30% real leather on some parts of van’s seats and “man made materials” for the rest. Still Odyssey looks like a good van so far and drives well.

Really happy with our Odyssey
By epguy on 08/11/11 06:55 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our Odyssey for 5 months now and are even more pleased than the day we picked it up. We just completed a 2900 mile road trip, in which it averaged 27.5 mpg for the entire trip. Two tanks averaged 29, but were offset by one with alot of city driving. We listened to books on tape. Had the Garmin plugged into one power outlet in the dash and a dc to ac converter in the other so back seat riders could watch a movie on a laptop, which we ran thru the car's sound system. It was hot, 98 degrees for much of the trip and the A/C had no trouble keeping the car cool. We also love the tight turning radius. It's very easy to manuver in parking lots.

Delivers on the Hype - Buy It!
By thegreatdane on 08/08/11 08:46 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the E-XL on Memorial day and this review is based off 3000 miles, and one 700 mile trip to Ontario, including 2 adults, 2 children, and a Great Dane. I am a tough critic and feel that this car delivers on most of its promises. Driving 13 hours straight revealed some pros/cons. On the pro side, it was great to see MPG at 27.6 for our trip. In town, our mileage is closer to 18 mpg. Handling was precise at any speed, even with torrential rain. Cargo was amazing - Imagine a full grown Great Dane standing up, along with a weeks supply of clothes, food, and fishing gear. Plenty of room to spare. On the con side, visibility was good, not great. Console has too many bells & whistles.

SIDE DOORS
By catalina60 on 05/19/11 15:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2011 EX-L has a peculiar safety issue: Both my wife and I have driven off with one of the side doors open. Other than a small red door adjar symbol in the instrument panel, there is no other notable warning to the driver. It seems there should be a high-pitch audible warning or even the inablility to shift into Drive since the danger is so great if a side door is not fully closed, esp. if there are children or other passengers in the middle seats.

Amazing Van
By mrwhy300 on 04/18/11 16:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have replaced my wife's BMW 325i with the 2011 Odyssey EX-L for a few weeks but so far we are loving it. Touring is nice but EX-L seems to offer the most for the buck. The interior quality is fine (not as great as Quest but far better than Sienna). The exterior is quite subjective. We got some compliments in the parking lot, mostly from younger couples. My folks think the styling is too aggressive. I think the lighting bolt design is just fine.

Odyssey is so good I got rid of my Porsche Cayenne
By danielk1974 on 04/06/11 18:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great van. I traded in my Porsche Cayenne S for this. We do a lot of weekend road trips and needed something a little more comfortable for the kids. I thought I'd miss the Porsche, but it hasn't been all that bad. In my opinion, that is a pretty strong statement. Handles well, rides very smoothly, and even accelerates better than expected. The interior is spacious, comfortable, and quite nice. Much nicer than any of the competitors minivans. Those all seemed cheap and harsh. We drive at 83-84 mph on the interstate and get 22 mpg.

So far, so good.
By ody12 on 04/04/11 08:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 06 Volvo XC90, which was begining to exhibit some issues after it hit 100k miles (i.e. air conditioning going out TWICE), as well as having extremely expensive repair costs. While I am not completely in love with the current body style for the Odyssey, it is a very functional, well designed van. I am enjoying driving it. It's smooth and responsive in city traffic and feels as heavy as my Volvo. I am also finding it to be way more functional in terms of its interior layout for a family. The seats are as comfy as those in my Volvo. Fingers crossed that this vehicle will have far more long term durability than the Volvo.

30 days later
By v2004 on 02/07/11 14:16 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I now have my Odyssey for the full 30 days and I must tell you that I love it more every day. The exterior styling which at first looked a little odd finally started taking shape in my mind. I can now appreciate the styling much more especially after I added roof rails/racks and door moldings (a must). I also realized that Sienna's exterior style which at first looked better, looks too plain and too Japanese compared to the Odyssey.

Minivan for life
By v2004 on 01/28/11 18:25 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After we had a third baby I started looking for something that would fit the entire family without hassle and would be pleasant to drive. I looked at the Sienna and the Odyssey. While Sienna wins in the exterior styling and available AWD option, nothing else comes even close to the craftsmanship, comfort and quality of the Odyssey. The material (especially hard plastic) used in Sienna are just terrible, even the top of the line model feels cheap. The Odyssey on the other hand is very well made. It feels and looks expensive. The ride quality and especially cornering is much better than Sienna. While Odyssey feels planted without much of a body roll, Sienna feels like a boat on wheels.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan in VA is:

$108 per month*