Used 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Time for Honda to leave America in my opinion
By shorty73

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have two Honda Odysseys a 2011 elite and a 2005 touring. Honda dealerships will not stand behind either one. The 2005 has problems with needing a motor mount due to virbration from variable cylindar management system. Had tires for life if I had maintenance done at the dealer. Went through 4 sets of michelins. None got over 30,000 miles. Honda made dealers by a 30,000 tire changing machine and my tires (free for life started costing me 340 dollars for each new set. Bought a service contract from Honda dealer and after two years had to replace two windshields. The policy did not cover OEM parts. Now I own a Hybrid part Honda and part Aftermarket crap. Having strut problems; not covered.

Honda use to make a good automobile. Too many problems lately and neither will Honda or the Dealer stand behind their product. Example, the US congress and Honda are at logerheads over Honda overall failure to stand behind the Takata air bags. I am going with Hundai in the future.

Man UP If you can't manufacture a product you can stand behind keep it on your side of the pond. My Opinion

Seriously!?
By odysseyforme

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Odyssey since August 2011 and it has 35k on it. I used to love it and now I want to melt it down to form a casket. I averaged 33 miles all the time until a few months ago. I now average 11, yes you read correctly a third of what I used to get. Two dealerships cannot explain this, they did replace the struts. Why?! I have never had a car that needed this work before this soon. The other issue is the gremlins...the Bluetooth switching from phone to van to phone to van, etc while on call or not. The last irritating issue is the computer reset, the car resets itself as if you just refueled it but you haven't.

Can't think of any

Heated and cooled seats, consistent gas mileage- more color options

3 Transmissions
By shicketmaster

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased new and had banging transmission problem and stranded around 20K miles. After 2 weeks of Honda being unable to determine underlying cause of problem, the transmission was replaced with a rebuilt. I found it concerning that they had rebuilt transmissions already for this new model of transmission when it needed replaced. Second transmission made it twice as long and started having rough shifting problems. Replaced again at 60K miles just before end of warranty. Lucky due to timing, but unlucky with transmissions on this vehicle. Don't get a touring with the 6 speed because they don't know why this keeps happening. Otherwise, enjoy the vehicle.

A Pleasant Surprise
By mpyles1

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Needing a vehicle that carried more than 5 adults comfortably, I started my search focused on third-row comfort, as differences in comfort for first- and second-row passengers in current minivans are minimal. An owner of German cars, I first looked at the new M-B R class but found it's third row lacking (and I have not found M-B reliability to be the best). A fan of good car design, I next looked at the Ford Flex. It was a real possibility. But then I test drove a Honda Odyssey and found myself sitting in the most comfortable interior -- in any position -- of any vehicle I have ever encountered.

Here's a shock. I am a performance nut and own a 2010 Audi R8 V10. But more and more often, when I am driving alone or carrying just one passenger, I grab the Honda keys. Why? Well, the thing is just so darn all-around pleasant. It drives astonishingly well for a vehicle of its size. It's reasonably peppy and gets surprisingly good gas mileage. And, whether it's just me or a passel of friends, everyone is comfortable from stem to stern. The biggest surprise: the sound system. It's perhaps the best of any car I've owned, including several high-end German cars and a Lexus. (I have the Touring Elite with the 12-speaker systems.)

The dashboard functionality is fine, but it could look at bit more classy (especially in the top-end models). And there is a highly annoying chirp at highway speed that one should never encounter in a Honda. I'm going to have the dealer look into it at the first oil change, we be all know how devilishly hard those creaks can be to locate. In a vehicle that does so many things sometimes conflicting things so surprisingly well, a loud chronic squeak is VERY frustrating.

Love the van but Hands Free Link is the WORST!
By uniforms

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned four Honda Odyssey's all Touring models. I love this 2011 version but have traded it once thinking I just had a lemon. Both 2011 Odyssey's drove well, and I loved every feature. I never had a problem with using bluetooth with any previous Odysseys (last one was 2010). Till this one. First two weeks everything was fine, then the calls would go from the car to the phone and back to the car. This was intermittent at first but then has become an ongoing problem. Hands free link does confirm the problem but has yet to find a fix. I bought the car from its introduction. The 2nd one was bought this April. I use an iPhone 4. I would rather keep the iPhone than the car

Drive, Fuel economy, radio, nav.

Bluetooth, bluetooth, bluetooth! Keyless entry. Better use of the console. I miss the adjustablility of the old 2nd row. Wish they would give more options with that. Heated steering wheel. Overall the fit and finish does not seem as good as the older Odysseys. I think there is room for improvement there. Chrysler T & C actually offers more features and value now. I'm considering it strongly.