Used 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Other than the head restraint...
By ER

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first and only minivan. I went into the dealership to purchase a Honda Pilot based on liking my friend's so much. Well, the new model rode so rough I changed my mind. Well, the salesman slid me right into an Odyssey...I loved everything about it! I was shocked how much I immediately liked it! I drove it for quite some time that day. It even got two thumbs up from my son who easily gets car sickness in the third row. The room, the comfort (except for the ill angled head rests), the power doors and lift gate, the roominess in the 2nd and 3rd rows, the flexibility of the technology, the large cargo space.....everything. I loved it so much I did some quick research on my phone then I completely tossed aside my stigma of driving a minivan and signed the papers. The only technical difficulties I have had have been the driver's side sliding door can be temperamental and the lift gate sometimes doesn't go down automatically when button is depressed. Both issues have been extremely intermittent and are an annoyance. It does have more road noise than I was used to as well. I have had no problems other problems listed by others. I have replaced the tires and the battery. However, I will say the driver's seat has become increasing uncomfortable for me. It started with the test drive when I noticed the oddly angled head 'restraints', certainly not rests, and thought I could get used to them....NOPE. The seat has grown increasingly uncomfortable for me despite any of the adjustments I have made. I have since learned I do have back problems, unrelated to the seat, but it sure didn't help. Let me say I have owned a large variety of cars/trucks '68-2011; Chevy, Ford, Landcruiser, Saturn, VW, Lincoln, and Dodge. I can say this is the most uncomfortable seat I have ever sat in. It is causing me to look at a trade in due to the seat however, I learned this angle is a recent Federal mandate in hopes of lessening whiplash. I have a feeling I'll be looking at used 2011 and older. It pains me to let go due to sentimental attachment and how well this van still fits our family but the pain has got to go. I had planned on driving it until the wheels fall off! Until then, I will continue to use my supportive and corrective seat and back support pillows. Two friends have purchased the exact same vehicle, are much shorter than 5'6'' and have had the same complaints: sore back, leg numbness, tailbone pain, and general discomfort so while I have back trouble this does point to an uncomfortable driver's seat.

Time for Honda to leave America in my opinion
By shorty73

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have two Honda Odysseys a 2011 elite and a 2005 touring. Honda dealerships will not stand behind either one. The 2005 has problems with needing a motor mount due to virbration from variable cylindar management system. Had tires for life if I had maintenance done at the dealer. Went through 4 sets of michelins. None got over 30,000 miles. Honda made dealers by a 30,000 tire changing machine and my tires (free for life started costing me 340 dollars for each new set.
Bought a service contract from Honda dealer and after two years had to replace two windshields. The policy did not cover OEM parts. Now I own a Hybrid part Honda and part Aftermarket crap. Having strut problems; not covered.

Honda use to make a good automobile. Too many problems lately and neither will Honda or the Dealer stand behind their product. Example, the US congress and Honda are at logerheads over Honda overall failure to stand behind the Takata air bags. I am going with Hundai in the future.

Man UP If you can't manufacture a product you can stand behind keep it on your side of the pond. My Opinion

Seriously!?
By odysseyforme

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Odyssey since August 2011 and it has 35k on it.
I used to love it and now I want to melt it down to form a casket.
I averaged 33 miles all the time until a few months ago.
I now average 11, yes you read correctly a third of what I used to get.
Two dealerships cannot explain this, they did replace the struts.
Why?!
I have never had a car that needed this work before this soon.
The other issue is the gremlins...the Bluetooth switching from phone to van to phone to van, etc while on call or not.
The last irritating issue is the computer reset, the car resets itself as if you just refueled it but you haven't.

Can't think of any

Heated and cooled seats, consistent gas mileage- more color options

3 Transmissions
By shicketmaster

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased new and had banging transmission problem and stranded around 20K miles.
After 2 weeks of Honda being unable to determine underlying cause of problem, the transmission was replaced with a rebuilt.
I found it concerning that they had rebuilt transmissions already for this new model of transmission when it needed replaced.
Second transmission made it twice as long and started having rough shifting problems.
Replaced again at 60K miles just before end of warranty.
Lucky due to timing, but unlucky with transmissions on this vehicle.
Don't get a touring with the 6 speed because they don't know why this keeps happening.
Otherwise, enjoy the vehicle.

A Pleasant Surprise
By mpyles1

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Needing a vehicle that carried more than 5 adults comfortably, I started my search focused on third-row comfort, as differences in comfort for first- and second-row passengers in current minivans are minimal.
An owner of German cars, I first looked at the new M-B R class but found it's third row lacking (and I have not found M-B reliability to be the best).
A fan of good car design, I next looked at the Ford Flex.
It was a real possibility.
But then I test drove a Honda Odyssey and found myself sitting in the most comfortable interior -- in any position -- of any vehicle I have ever encountered.

Here's a shock. I am a performance nut and own a 2010 Audi R8 V10. But more and more often, when I am driving alone or carrying just one passenger, I grab the Honda keys. Why? Well, the thing is just so darn all-around pleasant. It drives astonishingly well for a vehicle of its size. It's reasonably peppy and gets surprisingly good gas mileage. And, whether it's just me or a passel of friends, everyone is comfortable from stem to stern. The biggest surprise: the sound system. It's perhaps the best of any car I've owned, including several high-end German cars and a Lexus. (I have the Touring Elite with the 12-speaker systems.)

The dashboard functionality is fine, but it could look at bit more classy (especially in the top-end models). And there is a highly annoying chirp at highway speed that one should never encounter in a Honda. I'm going to have the dealer look into it at the first oil change, we be all know how devilishly hard those creaks can be to locate. In a vehicle that does so many things sometimes conflicting things so surprisingly well, a loud chronic squeak is VERY frustrating.