2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2011 Odyssey Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Sort Reviews by

Time for Honda to leave America in my opinion
By shorty73

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have two Honda Odysseys a 2011 elite and a 2005 touring. Honda dealerships will not stand behind either one. The 2005 has problems with needing a motor mount due to virbration from variable cylindar management system. Had tires for life if I had maintenance done at the dealer. Went through 4 sets of michelins. None got over 30,000 miles. Honda made dealers by a 30,000 tire changing machine and my tires (free for life started costing me 340 dollars for each new set. Bought a service contract from Honda dealer and after two years had to replace two windshields. The policy did not cover OEM parts. Now I own a Hybrid part Honda and part Aftermarket crap. Having strut problems; not covered.

Favorite Features

Honda use to make a good automobile. Too many problems lately and neither will Honda or the Dealer stand behind their product. Example, the US congress and Honda are at logerheads over Honda overall failure to stand behind the Takata air bags. I am going with Hundai in the future.

Suggested Improvements

Man UP If you can't manufacture a product you can stand behind keep it on your side of the pond. My Opinion

Seriously!?
By odysseyforme

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Odyssey since August 2011 and it has 35k on it. I used to love it and now I want to melt it down to form a casket. I averaged 33 miles all the time until a few months ago. I now average 11, yes you read correctly a third of what I used to get. Two dealerships cannot explain this, they did replace the struts. Why?! I have never had a car that needed this work before this soon. The other issue is the gremlins...the Bluetooth switching from phone to van to phone to van, etc while on call or not. The last irritating issue is the computer reset, the car resets itself as if you just refueled it but you haven't.

Favorite Features

Can't think of any

Suggested Improvements

Heated and cooled seats, consistent gas mileage- more color options

3 Transmissions
By shicketmaster

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased new and had banging transmission problem and stranded around 20K miles. After 2 weeks of Honda being unable to determine underlying cause of problem, the transmission was replaced with a rebuilt. I found it concerning that they had rebuilt transmissions already for this new model of transmission when it needed replaced. Second transmission made it twice as long and started having rough shifting problems. Replaced again at 60K miles just before end of warranty. Lucky due to timing, but unlucky with transmissions on this vehicle. Don't get a touring with the 6 speed because they don't know why this keeps happening. Otherwise, enjoy the vehicle.

A Pleasant Surprise
By mpyles1

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Needing a vehicle that carried more than 5 adults comfortably, I started my search focused on third-row comfort, as differences in comfort for first- and second-row passengers in current minivans are minimal. An owner of German cars, I first looked at the new M-B R class but found it's third row lacking (and I have not found M-B reliability to be the best). A fan of good car design, I next looked at the Ford Flex. It was a real possibility. But then I test drove a Honda Odyssey and found myself sitting in the most comfortable interior -- in any position -- of any vehicle I have ever encountered.

Favorite Features

Here's a shock. I am a performance nut and own a 2010 Audi R8 V10. But more and more often, when I am driving alone or carrying just one passenger, I grab the Honda keys. Why? Well, the thing is just so darn all-around pleasant. It drives astonishingly well for a vehicle of its size. It's reasonably peppy and gets surprisingly good gas mileage. And, whether it's just me or a passel of friends, everyone is comfortable from stem to stern. The biggest surprise: the sound system. It's perhaps the best of any car I've owned, including several high-end German cars and a Lexus. (I have the Touring Elite with the 12-speaker systems.)

Suggested Improvements

The dashboard functionality is fine, but it could look at bit more classy (especially in the top-end models). And there is a highly annoying chirp at highway speed that one should never encounter in a Honda. I'm going to have the dealer look into it at the first oil change, we be all know how devilishly hard those creaks can be to locate. In a vehicle that does so many things sometimes conflicting things so surprisingly well, a loud chronic squeak is VERY frustrating.

Love the van but Hands Free Link is the WORST!
By uniforms

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned four Honda Odyssey's all Touring models. I love this 2011 version but have traded it once thinking I just had a lemon. Both 2011 Odyssey's drove well, and I loved every feature. I never had a problem with using bluetooth with any previous Odysseys (last one was 2010). Till this one. First two weeks everything was fine, then the calls would go from the car to the phone and back to the car. This was intermittent at first but then has become an ongoing problem. Hands free link does confirm the problem but has yet to find a fix. I bought the car from its introduction. The 2nd one was bought this April. I use an iPhone 4. I would rather keep the iPhone than the car

Favorite Features

Drive, Fuel economy, radio, nav.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth, bluetooth, bluetooth! Keyless entry. Better use of the console. I miss the adjustablility of the old 2nd row. Wish they would give more options with that. Heated steering wheel. Overall the fit and finish does not seem as good as the older Odysseys. I think there is room for improvement there. Chrysler T & C actually offers more features and value now. I'm considering it strongly.

Absolutely Amazing!
By eilou

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I decided to trade our 14.5 MPG Nissan Armada for this wonderful 26.0 Highway MPG living room on wheels! We purchased the Touring Elite in Smokey Topaz w/Truffle interior and it's beautiful. The overall performance is better than we expected and it's actually fun to drive. It's kind of funny that two people with no young kids are driving a minivan. It actually rides like a luxury car. The onle complaint we have however is there is something loose rolling back and forth as you make turns from left to right in the dashboard, the dealer has already pulled the dash apart once and could not fix it. It's getting ready for round 2 a complete dashboard disassemble on Monday!

Favorite Features

The six speed transmission is worth the upgrade it helps with the overall fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

The six speed transmission should be standard equipment on all models and even the upgraded stereo could still use more wattage. Also a little more driver legroom would be a very nice addition.

It's a LUXURY Car!
By sbinevv

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Many owners are parents who looked for a minivan and liked the Odyssey's features. Our kids are grown, no grandkids yet, and I'm a businessman. We wanted a luxury car that would seat up to 8 adult family members or haul bikes or kayaks inside it. We got it all. We relied on owner/reviewers in Edmunds who often mentioned "comfort," "quiet," "room," "ride" and "handling." We bought the Touring Elite, but any model from EX-L up is a luxury car. The truffle interior on ours is dark grey/brown that has a rich look but also will hide dirt and marks. Every detail has been thought out and designed to be practical. The amount of technology is incredible. Chose it over Sienna and Enclave.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, quiet inside, roominess in all three rows, audio/RES, blind spot indicator (Elite only), high MPG rating.

Suggested Improvements

Air conditioned seats, AWD. Don't change anything else!

The Best of the Bunch!
By eddiewannabee1

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a Touring Elite Odyssey about a month ago. Had a 2010 Odyssey we traded in. The 2010 was already making unwanted noises, rattles and more. The 2011 is much more quiet than previous Odysseys we owned. The stereo system is superior than all previous Honda models, if only for the wattage. The ride is as expected, comfortable and uneventful, and again noise cancellation is superior than previous Odysseys. Room is plentiful and gas mileage a little better than previous models. The technology aspect is quite remarkable. It seems they decided to include just about every which way and it shows. The looks of the van are somewhat different from the 2010 but it does look good all around.

Favorite Features

HDD, MP3, DVD, USB Flash Drive, XM Radio, Bluetooth, Navigation is upgraded with Traffic Incidents (free), Tire Pressure Indicator and onboard information system, cooler, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a little more horses?

Better!
By Eddie Wannabee

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a Touring Elite 2011 on 11/22/10 with only 2 miles on the odometer. Traded a 2010 Touring. Love to explain but there wouldn't be enough space. Read the reviews here and other sites. Some reviews were real negative and became cause for concern. This van is better than previous Odyssey's we owned by far. The stereo on the Elite is a thing to savor and the technology loaded aspect a true delight. None of the criticisms about how bad they ride, the soft ride, etc. Better built (rattle very annoying on the driver's side door previous van here, in the same harsh road, totally silent). I think for the money this one beats all competitors. The Touring Elite is the best investment. Worth it!

Favorite Features

Navigation, recent traffic-no subscription required- incidents along the way, beautiful stereo (compared to dismal offering from the past-Honda not really into quality stereos since ever-noticed how they never say what kind of stereo they use?), abundant technology makes it very up to date, DVD Wide.

Suggested Improvements

A little more HP for those times one wants to relive or believe is more than a van. Can always enjoy tighter, more quiet construction. Bigger Hard Drive, maybe 40 GB instead of 15? For now I am like a June bug in the hen house in the month of May!

Mobile House!
By abc3000

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2005 EX-L, 2009 EX, and Now the 2011 Touring Elite. This is the best one. Feels connected to ground and solid. People think its an SUV sometimes. The Kids love the entertainment system. I just love this Minivan! I enjoy taking the kids out in this Honda. Other cars I had include lexus IS-F, Audi A4, Lexus GS 08, BMW Z3 but the odyssey I can drive all day!

Favorite Features

Cool box, Comfortable, Sporty enough for a Minivan. 5spd auto!

Suggested Improvements

The Front top window Tint is a little too big. A tad too much dull plastic on door panels for my taste (but it's not an acura)