Used 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Not Reliable - No Roadside Assistance on Warranty
By 4kennyk

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At 3100 miles would not start - just clicked. It was a Sunday, there was no one to call, seems I didn't buy an extended warranty which would provide Honda Care/roadside. Charged battery, key dropped at dealership. Dealer advised nothing wrong, but put in a new battery just in case - mentioned no parasitic drain. Looked up parasitic drain, seems to be a chronic problem with Odyssey dating back to 2004, that is difficult to fix, and leaves many stranded. Traded in on a Yukon at a $5k + loss - Honda doesn't care - they don't even answer the phone on Sundays. By the way, fuel mileage was at worst about 20, at best about 25, with a very light foot, flat and 75% hwy w/ normal a/c use.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy monitoring. Stowing 3rd seats.

Suggested Improvements

Provide roadside w/ standard warranty like everyone else. Fix blind spots. Fix chronic problems which transcend years, like parasitic battery drain and transmission. Second row heated seats. DVD remote, and allow the front screen to display DVD when not in motion. Allow the hard drive to be copied to from an i device, not just original cd's or get rid of the hard drive - how many people still buy cds? Standard remote start, mud flaps, body mouldings, luggage racks Put a panel in the 3rd row to give it a little optional trunk so you don't have to pick heavy cargo off of the ground. Make those window shade lockable so 3 yr olds don't make a game out of snapping them

2011 transmission issues
By madjackson

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

the transmission shudders @ 15-30 mph took it to the dealer 1st time told me nothing was wrong 3rd time they are waiting for honda to figure out was is the problem no time line I have a child on a ventilator this is his primary transportation they said it is safe to drive how can it be safe if they cant even tell me what the problem is my concern is being stranded with 2 kids and one with a boat load of medical equipment spoke with honda directly they said they MIGHT get back to us in 2 weeks fine we told the dealer we wanted to trade it for a pilot and in so many words they said no we needed to wait for honda to tell them what they could do! btw we didnt ask for anything special on trade in

Luxuary
By manu5

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just bought and it drives and feels like a luxury car not like a minivan. I am glad I waited to buy the minivan. This is a great minivan. Turned away from Sienna since its interior looked very plastic and cheap.

Favorite Features

Configurable second row seat. Multiple options to source the video for rear passengers. Agile driving. Quiter than previous models. Cooler box.110 volt outlet in the back.

Suggested Improvements

No factory installed roof rack for Touring. That would have been nice. Reduce buttons please. GPS - ok. May be I have to get used to it. We keep missing turns as it says like second left rather than street name.

UNDRIVABLE DISASTER
By tturner201

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drivers had to constantly fight the steering wheel. The slightest breeze, curve or slope of the road pulled the steering wheel so hard no one would drive it far. Honda acknowledged the problem, but stated they could not correct it. I had to sell it at very high loss.

Favorite Features

Great all around vehicle. Unbeatable flexibility, if all wheel drive was available.

Suggested Improvements

Correct the power steering drivers must constantly fight against.

love, love, love it!!!
By llama5

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the new Honda Odyssey. I traded my 2006 Honda in for the new 2011 Touring in black. Looks awesome and super sleek in black. Since purchasing this new Honda I have had NOTHING but compliments from strangers admiring the new look of the Honda. The reviews I read were somewhat negative of the new body but when you see it in person it looks so much better and the black color looks the best. I have three kids so space and safety are important to me. I feel super safe toting my kids in the new Honda. It drives like a dream and the interior is sleek yet simple. I noticed that it DOES not have roof racks and it bothered me at first but now I'm happy without them.

Favorite Features

Awesome back up camera, love the tailgate, cool box, heated seats, awesome navigation...LOVE, love having bluetooth, voice activation...great ride

Suggested Improvements

I really don't care for the head rests in the third row...kinda funky and awkward.