Used 2011 Honda Odyssey LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Unreliable
By lefty007

2011 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this new. Had a noise coming from the front strut at 10K miles. Took it to the dealership and the performed service bulletin 11-038, that fixed the problem for another 10K until the noise came back. Took it back to the dealership and they fix it again. Another 15K or so and the noise came back. Took it back to the dealership, now they found they have to change the struts. Car out of warranty, Honda made me paid for the repair, although it had been documented that this was a problem and they even had a service bulletin out. Do some research and see how many service bulletins there are. I guess 2011 wasn't a good year for Odysseys, and Honda won't stand by their products.

Underwhelmed
By abf13

2011 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove a tan LX that I loved and was fun to drive. I purchased a different one for a better price and it does not seem at all like the one I tested (yes, they were both LX's) Mine has 4K miles on it and the SVT traction sensor has gone bad. The cheap plastic used in construction scratches/dents easily and leaves white gouges. I can move the dashboard with my hand. The city gas mpg is more around the 12-13 mark than the 19 stated by the EPA. I have found the controls awkward. The van is very bumpy, the ECO light constantly goes on and off and I can feel the shifting when this happens, and it does not have very much power. Overall, wish I had purchased the Sienna

Favorite Features

Hm. The design is very nice, I love the look of the van. I wish they hadn't sacrificed functionality for design as the van is so low is scrapes all the time, my husband and I hit our heads on the door jamb constantly and watch out for the rear hatch! Same thing. We had a wagon and never had that problem. I do like the Oil Life gauge, the numerous compartments up front to put items/purses/etc. The trunk has great side cubbies for diapers and toys, but putting the stroller in and out has chipped the cheap plastic, never had this problem with our wagon either. It does stear well and has a good turning radius, but is very creaky.

Suggested Improvements

Not sure where to start, I feel this van missed the mark on so many levels and wished I had purchased the used 2010 Sienna we had been looking at. When the loan is over we'll be trading it in for a Sienna..I think we'll get more for our money. This van has NO special features, for the price, I'd expect more..if you are shopping in this price range go with a Dodge or Chrysler. My husband's Ford Focus is built better then this van is.

New Odyssey is Great
By irg

2011 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2008 EX model prior to this. This time, I leased the "base" model, as it was most affordable, and I didn't think I'd miss the power doors and a couple of other features. I do miss them, but not that much. The overall appearance even on the LX model is nicer, more rugged appearance. Love the 17" wheels, even the LX model looks nicer than my old one. Brakes are noticeably better. I do like the controls on the old EX better. Overall though, the feeling, responsiveness of this van is a step up from the old model.

Favorite Features

Nice appearance, strong acceleration, good braking, roomy, affordable for the most part.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the hvac system had larger controls. They're pretty small on the LX model. Radio controls also more complicated than they need to be.