Used 2011 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Other than the head restraint...
By ER

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first and only minivan. I went into the dealership to purchase a Honda Pilot based on liking my friend's so much. Well, the new model rode so rough I changed my mind. Well, the salesman slid me right into an Odyssey...I loved everything about it! I was shocked how much I immediately liked it! I drove it for quite some time that day. It even got two thumbs up from my son who easily gets car sickness in the third row. The room, the comfort (except for the ill angled head rests), the power doors and lift gate, the roominess in the 2nd and 3rd rows, the flexibility of the technology, the large cargo space.....everything. I loved it so much I did some quick research on my phone then I completely tossed aside my stigma of driving a minivan and signed the papers. The only technical difficulties I have had have been the driver's side sliding door can be temperamental and the lift gate sometimes doesn't go down automatically when button is depressed. Both issues have been extremely intermittent and are an annoyance. It does have more road noise than I was used to as well. I have had no problems other problems listed by others. I have replaced the tires and the battery. However, I will say the driver's seat has become increasing uncomfortable for me. It started with the test drive when I noticed the oddly angled head 'restraints', certainly not rests, and thought I could get used to them....NOPE. The seat has grown increasingly uncomfortable for me despite any of the adjustments I have made. I have since learned I do have back problems, unrelated to the seat, but it sure didn't help. Let me say I have owned a large variety of cars/trucks '68-2011; Chevy, Ford, Landcruiser, Saturn, VW, Lincoln, and Dodge. I can say this is the most uncomfortable seat I have ever sat in. It is causing me to look at a trade in due to the seat however, I learned this angle is a recent Federal mandate in hopes of lessening whiplash. I have a feeling I'll be looking at used 2011 and older. It pains me to let go due to sentimental attachment and how well this van still fits our family but the pain has got to go. I had planned on driving it until the wheels fall off! Until then, I will continue to use my supportive and corrective seat and back support pillows. Two friends have purchased the exact same vehicle, are much shorter than 5'6'' and have had the same complaints: sore back, leg numbness, tailbone pain, and general discomfort so while I have back trouble this does point to an uncomfortable driver's seat.

Constant Front brake issues
By Dman760

2011 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has numerous front brake issues. The front rotors are too small for the vehicle so they overheat and warp about every 15,000 Miles. Honda will do nothing about it and they refuse to fix it for free. Other than this I love this van.

Time for Honda to leave America in my opinion
By shorty73

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have two Honda Odysseys a 2011 elite and a 2005 touring. Honda dealerships will not stand behind either one. The 2005 has problems with needing a motor mount due to virbration from variable cylindar management system. Had tires for life if I had maintenance done at the dealer. Went through 4 sets of michelins. None got over 30,000 miles. Honda made dealers by a 30,000 tire changing machine and my tires (free for life started costing me 340 dollars for each new set. Bought a service contract from Honda dealer and after two years had to replace two windshields. The policy did not cover OEM parts. Now I own a Hybrid part Honda and part Aftermarket crap. Having strut problems; not covered.

Honda use to make a good automobile. Too many problems lately and neither will Honda or the Dealer stand behind their product. Example, the US congress and Honda are at logerheads over Honda overall failure to stand behind the Takata air bags. I am going with Hundai in the future.

Man UP If you can't manufacture a product you can stand behind keep it on your side of the pond. My Opinion

Unreliable
By lefty007

2011 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this new. Had a noise coming from the front strut at 10K miles. Took it to the dealership and the performed service bulletin 11-038, that fixed the problem for another 10K until the noise came back. Took it back to the dealership and they fix it again. Another 15K or so and the noise came back. Took it back to the dealership, now they found they have to change the struts. Car out of warranty, Honda made me paid for the repair, although it had been documented that this was a problem and they even had a service bulletin out. Do some research and see how many service bulletins there are. I guess 2011 wasn't a good year for Odysseys, and Honda won't stand by their products.

Seriously!?
By odysseyforme

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Odyssey since August 2011 and it has 35k on it. I used to love it and now I want to melt it down to form a casket. I averaged 33 miles all the time until a few months ago. I now average 11, yes you read correctly a third of what I used to get. Two dealerships cannot explain this, they did replace the struts. Why?! I have never had a car that needed this work before this soon. The other issue is the gremlins...the Bluetooth switching from phone to van to phone to van, etc while on call or not. The last irritating issue is the computer reset, the car resets itself as if you just refueled it but you haven't.

Can't think of any

Heated and cooled seats, consistent gas mileage- more color options

• SUV