2010 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: Don't buy if you live where it

2010 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Review

EX-L Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic w/Nav, Rear Entertainment)

Don't buy if you live where it snows
By rarcj on

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this van for a year, and have missed my SUV ever since I bought it. The dealership was great, the service is fabulous, and Honda's reputation is the best, which is why I bought the van in the first place. However, I will not buy another Honda or a van. I was just stuck on a tiny hill in the snow for :15 minutes until some good person towed me up the hill. EVERYONE was going around me, including cars and other makes of vans. This van is not comfortable to me to drive, and it does not allow electronic devices to be charged when the vehicle is off.

Navigation and rear entertainment.

Driver comfort, allow electronic devices to charge when the vehicle is off and offer AWD.
By arbetrader
on 09/30/13 08:55 AM (PDT)

If you had snow tires you would have been passing everyone else... These vans are quite good in the snow as they are fwd and a forward weight bias. 100% of the contact patch is from your 4 tires - that's the most important factor by a long shot. All seasons do not count.

By ddyck
on 04/21/15 15:55 PM (PDT)

You do need winter tires in snow. Also make sure your traction control is turned off if going up a snow covered hill. Traction control applies the brakes when you start to spin and will bring the vehicle to a stop - you'll go through a lot more deep snow up hill with it turned off.