Really, really good, but not great.
By HondaNgermany on
2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Expecting a 3rd child, we knew exactly what we were going to get. Honda is the most reliable motor company out there and are long-trusted in my family. We were so impressed by the build quality. It's like they gathered all the moms of the world and asked them what they wanted in a van and then met ALL demands. I have only two complaints. This car is a Jekyll and Hyde van. In the dry weather, it drives great! But give it some rain and it becomes a monster. The variable cylinder control system SNAPS on and off creating a wrestling match with the stability control system and causes the van to rock side-to-side. Not a good thing on a sick, wet road. The other issue are the brakes (see below).
Favorite Features
I love the leather seats. It's more of a leather chair than a car seat. I also like all the storage space and the automatic doors. They seemed like a luxury at the time of purchase, but now I see how useful and safe they are. The power lift gate is useful too when loading or when hands are full.
Suggested Improvements
The variable cylinder control system and the traction control system need to learn to play nice in the rain. The rocking it causes is not okay. The stock brakes are rubbish. Should I have to put my foot in the floor to stop at a light? Metallic blend pads on stock rotors make for some close calls.