2010 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: Quart of oil every 1,000 miles

2010 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Review

EX-L Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Quart of oil every 1,000 miles is OK?!
By Gerry M. on

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At 7,000-8,000 miles, the engine light came on & the car ran so rough my wife was afraid to drive it 1/2 mile to our house. After a tow to the dealer, they can't figure out where the oil is going, but replace the oil and the spark plugs (which are fouled). After several 1,000 mile checks on the oil consumption, I am told today that HONDA USA finds the disappearance of one quart of oil per 1,000 miles to be Acceptable, and there is no repair to be made. But they are researching it and will get back to me. Um, yeah, right. I had a 1987 Honda Civic that gave me over 120,000 miles before it was wrecked by another driver. Quite a letdown to know Honda quality has sunk so low today.

Obviously, it can be used to clean up the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, due to it's ability to make a quart of oil disappear without a trace every 1,000 miles. BP should invest in a fleet of these vehicles.

Fix the oil consumption defect in the vehicle.