2010 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Money Waste
By Mike on 04/07/10 10:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this in September. Odyssey has a plenty of power and space so you can enjoy a comfortable ride. But.. DON'T BUY Touring edition. It's waste of money. All extras are not working properly. You can forget about using Navigation system or rear camera if it's sunny day. Instead of the image or your direction, you will enjoy a BLACK screen. Honda forgot to protect rear camera and information screen from sun and rain. Voice recognition system is fun for a while but you are getting tired to repeate your commands 10 times before system will understand it. USE BUTTONS. Much quicker.

Mechanical problems
By Disappointed on 03/28/10 08:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After ONLY 300 miles the engine broke down while driving on a highway; nearly caused accident. Dealer had to dismantle entire engine. Obviously, this buyer is extremely disappointed and considers the vehicle unreliable.

Really like the odyssey
By geary labuary on 03/25/10 11:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We really like the van but wished it got better gas mileage but the comfort and the fine driving we will take it as it is. We are a big family and really like the space and handling of the van.

VCM Issue
By Try Again on 03/22/10 16:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

VCM Variable Cylinder Management system needs an off switch. I hate it when it goes into vcm eco mode as it growls and vibrates. Dealership won't turn it off or add an on/off switch. A 6 cylinder engine should not run on 3 cylinders ever no matter what extra counter-balancers and shock mounts you add. Harley Davidson proved that you cant get all the vibrations out of an engine that runs out of balance. Road and wind noise is still a Honda exclusive no charge feature.

The best of the minivans but why no HID?
By Iconoclast on 03/10/10 13:27 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this in November for our family. It has a great engine with plenty of power. The inside is nicely equipped. The seats are the most comfortable of any vehicle I've owned. The controls , ride and handling are great. The brakes could be a little bigger but I've never routinely driven a minivan. My only complaint it the lack of HID headlights. At this price point that should be standard. Also only the Grand Touring (highest) trim has the informational display. From other cars it is nice to know such things as oil life and tire pressure. Don't bother with the very expensive rear entertainment center; they can break and for a tithe of the price you can get a dual screen dvd.

Great on the Freeway!
By Pa hauler on 02/14/10 11:30 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love driving this minivan to haul the kids to and from college. We have an '07 Accord as well. The Odyssey is so much more comfortable and swallows up all the gear our kids need for school. We have had a few heavy snow storms in Pa and this van with Bridgestone Blizzaks has pulled through with no problem at all. The seats are extremely comfortable on 4 hour trips we take. The dual climate control works great for us. My wife and I can have our own temp. We love the van!

Just Purchased
By Jimmy on 02/12/10 07:36 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is comfortable and drives well with good power. The list of bells and whistles seems to go on and on. There may be too many at times - it took two salesman and the finance guy to figure out why the remote to the RES didn't work. There is a lockout button on the dash that no one really knew about. However, we're pleased with the van and look forward to years of service. My wife just wishes it came in a pearl white.

A nice upgrade from the old mini-van
By kdrew on 02/08/10 17:41 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We recently decided to upgrade from the old Windstar so we investigated the few remaining mini-vans out there. We had nothing against the others but it was clear that the Honda Odyssey was best of the bunch. Smartly designed by Honda to take into account features that make life easy. Lots of space, lots of storage, a very nice stereo system. We liked the sunroof option and that the windows in the doors roll down. Smooth ride. Goes when you need it to. While we would prefer another type of car, for a family with multiple children (plus their friends), you can't beat the mini-van. I would suggest this to any family looking. We opted NOT to have the DVD system. If your kids can't deal, then.

OK- Not as Great as We Had Hoped
By MidwestMomOf3 on 01/22/10 16:36 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We do not love this van as much as we had hoped we would. We have three kids, age five and under, and yes, it is great with the kids. Easy to get everyone in and out, plenty of space, and the kids love it. It does make my life easier. But... road noise on the highway is really bad. Fuel economy is the pits. We seem to be getting far fewer mpg than other Ody drivers - not sure why. I had heard this about the Ody before we purchased, but didn't pay much attention. Wish I had! Around town we get 11-12 mpg -- yes, that's right! And pure highway driving with cruise control, we get about 17-18 mpg. Might as well be driving a big 3 row SUV! In the minivan category, wish we had gone with the Sienna.

oil consumption
By 2010OdysseyOil on 01/09/10 18:54 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2010 odyssey van in august 2009 and it consumed 2.5 quarts of oil in the first 4500 miles. I took it to the dealer and they stated the consumption rate is normal and I didn't believe it for a second. We proceeded to do an oil consumption test which was performed in an unscientific manner after the oil was changed and topped off to the required 4.5 quarts (another story unto itself) and roughly 2k miles later it burned another quart. The dealer stated honda corp has a service bulletin out to tear the engine apart if it consumes one or more quarts per thousand miles. I would have never paid 35k for a vehicle which eats oil at this rate. Honda Corp needs to initiate a recall.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Odyssey in WA is:

$146 per month*