2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Disappointed in Honda
By Neil on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a year ago, thinking about trading. Drives nice, however there is a vibration under the car while accelerating through the lower gears. Honda recalled it for vibration judder software update - made no difference. Took it back - said they heard the noise and was likely due to poor gas. They actually recommended premium gas to remedy "spark ping". Funny since the car only requires regular gas. American Honda Corp then asked me to take it for a second opinion. When I was at the dealer, I saw a guy bringing his odyssey in for same problem. My '97 Sentra sounds better than this car. The car does drive nice, however can't stand this terrible noise. Wouldn't buy Honda again.

Downgrade from previous models
By JS on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned a 2007 Odyssey. This year's model has several downgrades that may seem minor, but are not. The center removable seat no longer folds for storage under the floor. It did not come with a cargo net. Little things like that. The Bumpers on this car are terrible. They are easily scratched and dinged and upon lease return you will be charged to repaint or replace them. My Transmission has a shutter at low speeds and I just learned that there is a recall to repair this. Overall Honda took a step back in quality with this model.

Great overall, needs some updates
By AP_From PA on 06/23/10 08:02 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this vehicle yesterday, but I have driven similar Odysseys owned by friends and family. The vehicle is probably the best overall of all minivans in the market, but if you start picking out individual characteristics, you will notice that it's not the best at everything. It's like jack of all, master of none; in my opinion it may not earn number 1 spot in many of the aspects, but earns a second spot in most of them, and the first in a few.

Overall nice car
By yhk on 05/23/10 20:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought our first minivan 3 months ago with 3000 mi driven. Getting 18-22mpg so far on freeway/city driving. So far no major problems except a few body panels being loose at the edges. Taking it to dealer to get it fixed. Hard to modulate brakes smoothly. Noticed you have to press pretty far down in order to stop if you are going at a decent speed (30-40 mph), but I think it's just a matter of getting used to the weight of the vehicle. Overall, nice size vehicle if you want to haul people and things.

What a nice minivan!
By VegasRPh on 05/07/10 11:12 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First, I want to point out that this is our very 1st minivan. We actually never thought we would own a minivan, until our friends bought an Odyssey 2 years ago. My wife and I are very pleased with our new Alabaster Silver Odyssey EX with grey cloth interior (we did a 3 year lease). We have had the Odyssey for 1 month and 1,000 miles so far. The Odyssey is very smooth, quiet, comfortable, surprisingly fun to drive, excellent interior, plenty of room, and gas mileage is 18MPG so far in city only. The front driver seat/passenger seat is very comfortable (grey cloth) and the middle captain chairs are fantastic too. Overall, the fit/finish is excellent and we truly enjoy our Odyssey!

I love my 2010 Odyssey
By Honda Pro on 05/03/10 14:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Beats any other vans, hands down. Great design, looks, powerful engine. The car comes with a lot of basic features compared to other vans. I tried the Sienna but didn't like the handling (sloppy and feels light on the road), on the contrary the Odyssey feels tight, higher quality car as expected from Honda.

Great on the Freeway!
By Pa hauler on 02/14/10 11:30 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love driving this minivan to haul the kids to and from college. We have an '07 Accord as well. The Odyssey is so much more comfortable and swallows up all the gear our kids need for school. We have had a few heavy snow storms in Pa and this van with Bridgestone Blizzaks has pulled through with no problem at all. The seats are extremely comfortable on 4 hour trips we take. The dual climate control works great for us. My wife and I can have our own temp. We love the van!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan in VA is:

$110 per month*