Used 2010 Honda Odyssey EX Minivan Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Unrivaled Minivan
By Daryle

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove them all before I bought this. I was not going to drop this kind of quid and not go to sleep wondering if I have the best. Odyssey is in its own league when it comes to ride quality, acceleration, braking, fit and finish. Purchased from an incoming 3 yr, lease with 35M miles on it. I have 80M on it now. Routine maintenance. Very little squeaks or rattles unlike the others. Others lurched under heavy braking or emergency steering. Very minor things considering daily commute of 62 miles + and Buffalo winters. I am very particular about my big purchases, which involve a lot of research and looking. Took me 6 months to find mine due to wanting low miles and clean, and not beat up by a pack of kids. Seating configuration options great. Love the room. Good stereo. Recent compliment on how strong (cold) the AC was for a 2010, I said, "Yeah, its a Honda". If you want the best van, get it. I've had 2 Accords previously. This drives like a big Accord.

Excellent vehicle except the mpg
By diva_3181377

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda. Have a VW and BMW and had Toyota's before this. Compared to the VW and BMW, this is very reliable. So far the only thing broke was a door lock actuator which was fixed free under warranty. We occasionally go for long trips (~1200 miles one way) and it never had any issue. A very reliable vehicle.

Bad -> MPG and tires. With city driving only, i see it ranges from 13 to 18. Highway, it is 23+. I take care of my cars really well and seems this mpg is normal for the vehicle of this size. The tires last only like <25K. Tried Yokohoma tires after the OEM. Next need to try something else like Pirelly. Aligned once and all were in good shape.

Maintenance - i changed the transmission fluid, brake fluid and power steering fluid at 30k. Planning to do the same again at 60k. Also cleaned the MAF sensor and air/cabin filters (they were not dirty at all). Using 0W20 full synthetic oil and changes it when the MM shows 15% life. Also use the Techron once a year. Other than the brake job and TB job at 100k, i am not expecting any issues. Honda battery does not last long (multiple people experienced the same thing). Changed 1 time and then switched to the Auto zone brand.

well worth it!!!
By Paul

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

There is absolutely nothing mechanically wrong with this auto .. I am going to up-grade to a newer model, same style Honda Odyssey

Disappointed in Honda
By Neil

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a year ago, thinking about trading. Drives nice, however there is a vibration under the car while accelerating through the lower gears. Honda recalled it for vibration judder software update - made no difference. Took it back - said they heard the noise and was likely due to poor gas. They actually recommended premium gas to remedy "spark ping". Funny since the car only requires regular gas. American Honda Corp then asked me to take it for a second opinion. When I was at the dealer, I saw a guy bringing his odyssey in for same problem. My '97 Sentra sounds better than this car. The car does drive nice, however can't stand this terrible noise. Wouldn't buy Honda again.

Sliding doors for the kids, smooth & powerful V6, unparalleled space,

Reduce overall wind/road noise,

Downgrade from previous models
By JS

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned a 2007 Odyssey. This year's model has several downgrades that may seem minor, but are not. The center removable seat no longer folds for storage under the floor. It did not come with a cargo net. Little things like that. The Bumpers on this car are terrible. They are easily scratched and dinged and upon lease return you will be charged to repaint or replace them. My Transmission has a shutter at low speeds and I just learned that there is a recall to repair this. Overall Honda took a step back in quality with this model.

Better Bumpers folding center seat Rear view camera on all models