Used 2010 Honda Odyssey EX Minivan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Got a Honda and Got a Dud
By Chris Stoker

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this car used at 46K miles in 2012 with after market warranty and Car Fax clean record. I'm just going to list the issues we've had with this car instead of explain all of the instances of failure because that would require more time than I have. After the first week or two we were notified a recall and had to take it back in to get it repaired. A week later the transmission began failing and had to force the dealership to replace it under warranty. The steering column has a continuous pop whether driving or turning or turning the wheel while sitting still, still have yet to get it diagnosed or fixed. Already had to have the bearings replaced on one of the back tires. One of the shocks in the back is also now leaking oil everywhere. The driver side sliding door middle bracket fell to pieces, the dealership admitted that this was a very well known issue. The auto window module went bad and made it so we could only roll down the driver side window. Multiple burned out lights. Terrible paint that falls to pieces off of the body with any contact. Another active recall, where the fuel pump overheats and can cause fires. The driver side sliding door motor is going bad and can't fully open or close the door properly even after repair. There are other issues, but I've grown tired trying to remember everything. Genuinely, this is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I will NEVER purchase another Honda for the rest of my life. 30K miles that we've driven this car, mostly on highways in the country where the roads are very well maintained, and all of these things have occurred within that time frame...absolutely appalling.

Unrivaled Minivan
By Daryle

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove them all before I bought this. I was not going to drop this kind of quid and not go to sleep wondering if I have the best. Odyssey is in its own league when it comes to ride quality, acceleration, braking, fit and finish. Purchased from an incoming 3 yr, lease with 35M miles on it. I have 80M on it now. Routine maintenance. Very little squeaks or rattles unlike the others. Others lurched under heavy braking or emergency steering. Very minor things considering daily commute of 62 miles + and Buffalo winters. I am very particular about my big purchases, which involve a lot of research and looking. Took me 6 months to find mine due to wanting low miles and clean, and not beat up by a pack of kids. Seating configuration options great. Love the room. Good stereo. Recent compliment on how strong (cold) the AC was for a 2010, I said, "Yeah, its a Honda". If you want the best van, get it. I've had 2 Accords previously. This drives like a big Accord.

Excellent vehicle except the mpg
By diva_3181377

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda. Have a VW and BMW and had Toyota's before this. Compared to the VW and BMW, this is very reliable. So far the only thing broke was a door lock actuator which was fixed free under warranty. We occasionally go for long trips (~1200 miles one way) and it never had any issue. A very reliable vehicle.

Bad -> MPG and tires. With city driving only, i see it ranges from 13 to 18. Highway, it is 23+. I take care of my cars really well and seems this mpg is normal for the vehicle of this size. The tires last only like <25K. Tried Yokohoma tires after the OEM. Next need to try something else like Pirelly. Aligned once and all were in good shape.

Maintenance - i changed the transmission fluid, brake fluid and power steering fluid at 30k. Planning to do the same again at 60k. Also cleaned the MAF sensor and air/cabin filters (they were not dirty at all). Using 0W20 full synthetic oil and changes it when the MM shows 15% life. Also use the Techron once a year. Other than the brake job and TB job at 100k, i am not expecting any issues. Honda battery does not last long (multiple people experienced the same thing). Changed 1 time and then switched to the Auto zone brand.

well worth it!!!
By Paul

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

There is absolutely nothing mechanically wrong with this auto .. I am going to up-grade to a newer model, same style Honda Odyssey

Disappointed in Honda
By Neil

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a year ago, thinking about trading. Drives nice, however there is a vibration under the car while accelerating through the lower gears. Honda recalled it for vibration judder software update - made no difference. Took it back - said they heard the noise and was likely due to poor gas. They actually recommended premium gas to remedy "spark ping". Funny since the car only requires regular gas. American Honda Corp then asked me to take it for a second opinion. When I was at the dealer, I saw a guy bringing his odyssey in for same problem. My '97 Sentra sounds better than this car. The car does drive nice, however can't stand this terrible noise. Wouldn't buy Honda again.

Sliding doors for the kids, smooth & powerful V6, unparalleled space,