Used 2010 Honda Odyssey EX Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Disappointed in Honda
By Neil

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a year ago, thinking about trading. Drives nice, however there is a vibration under the car while accelerating through the lower gears. Honda recalled it for vibration judder software update - made no difference. Took it back - said they heard the noise and was likely due to poor gas. They actually recommended premium gas to remedy "spark ping". Funny since the car only requires regular gas. American Honda Corp then asked me to take it for a second opinion. When I was at the dealer, I saw a guy bringing his odyssey in for same problem. My '97 Sentra sounds better than this car. The car does drive nice, however can't stand this terrible noise. Wouldn't buy Honda again.

Sliding doors for the kids, smooth & powerful V6, unparalleled space,

Reduce overall wind/road noise,

Downgrade from previous models
By JS

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned a 2007 Odyssey. This year's model has several downgrades that may seem minor, but are not. The center removable seat no longer folds for storage under the floor. It did not come with a cargo net. Little things like that. The Bumpers on this car are terrible. They are easily scratched and dinged and upon lease return you will be charged to repaint or replace them. My Transmission has a shutter at low speeds and I just learned that there is a recall to repair this. Overall Honda took a step back in quality with this model.

Better Bumpers folding center seat Rear view camera on all models

Great overall, needs some updates
By AP_From PA

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this vehicle yesterday, but I have driven similar Odysseys owned by friends and family. The vehicle is probably the best overall of all minivans in the market, but if you start picking out individual characteristics, you will notice that it's not the best at everything. It's like jack of all, master of none; in my opinion it may not earn number 1 spot in many of the aspects, but earns a second spot in most of them, and the first in a few.

Great head room to give a feeling of a lots of space, better use of space. 3rd Seats fold easily. 2nd row, center removable, and both chairs can be moved together, lots of storage bins including 2nd row floor, good sporty feel when driving. Most comfortable seats.

Combine key and the fob, improve fuel economy, combine a few storage bins to make a fewer but bigger bins, provide non-skid surface in the drop-down center tray for cell-phone, etc, needs better brakes, dated dash lay-out, speed sensitive wipers and volume, reduce road noise, revise color choice.

Overall nice car
By yhk

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought our first minivan 3 months ago with 3000 mi driven. Getting 18-22mpg so far on freeway/city driving. So far no major problems except a few body panels being loose at the edges. Taking it to dealer to get it fixed. Hard to modulate brakes smoothly. Noticed you have to press pretty far down in order to stop if you are going at a decent speed (30-40 mph), but I think it's just a matter of getting used to the weight of the vehicle. Overall, nice size vehicle if you want to haul people and things.

Power doors, dual climate control, and good ride.

Wish the EX came standard with power tailgate. Improve build quality. Traction control needs improvement especially on wet roads. Maybe better OEM tires? Haven't driven in snow yet.

What a nice minivan!
By VegasRPh

2010 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First, I want to point out that this is our very 1st minivan. We actually never thought we would own a minivan, until our friends bought an Odyssey 2 years ago. My wife and I are very pleased with our new Alabaster Silver Odyssey EX with grey cloth interior (we did a 3 year lease). We have had the Odyssey for 1 month and 1,000 miles so far. The Odyssey is very smooth, quiet, comfortable, surprisingly fun to drive, excellent interior, plenty of room, and gas mileage is 18MPG so far in city only. The front driver seat/passenger seat is very comfortable (grey cloth) and the middle captain chairs are fantastic too. Overall, the fit/finish is excellent and we truly enjoy our Odyssey!

Honda V6 engine power and smoothness (this model does NOT have the VCM that shuts down some of the cylinders), 5 speed auto works well in the Odyssey, gas mileage is better than a full size SUV, interior space and design, power sliding doors, ride quality so far is very smooth & quiet.

If this EX model included a power sunroof/moonroof, a power rear tailgate, and a little better radio/stereo system this model would be perfect!