Used 2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Doesn't Age As Much As Driver
By Jim Stein

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At five years and 56,000 miles we find our Odyssey hasn't aged as much as I have, thank goodness. Vehicle's outside appearance is still very good, interior shows little wear, engine still sounds and feels sound, transmission doesn't whine, gas mileage still ranges around 20 to 24 mpg (on the road), handling hasn't loosened up to any significant degree and resale value is excellent. The problems I have with this vehicle have to do with braking (although there's never been a loss of braking there's a softer pedal than I like) and when you do longer road trips across the prairies you have to be aware you're not driving a Ford, for example, with a Ford dealer and shop in almost every town. With a Honda reliability is mandatory because dealerships are generally located in cities and often cities are few and far between. So, we do like our Odyssey because it's been a great "buy" and a vehicle that lives up to its reputation.

Great, Great Van for the family.
By acesrwild

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Only owns Hondas. I just bought my Honda odyssey ex-l. I love driving it all the time, but I notice that powering steering is always make noise when you made a 90 degree turn. does that really happen on all Hondas or just on the minivan? For most of you owns Honda odyssey, does your van has that kind of problem too? Give some advise would be great. thanks!

Gas MPG not as advertised!!
By walden94

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in our 2000 Odyssey with 120k miles, for a brand new 2010 EX-L. It has better performance than the older model but less room in back. We used to be able to stow stuff under the 3rd seat but the 2010 is now blocked off. Also, the sticker advertises 25 mpg hwy but we've never received better than 20 mpg after 6k miles. Also, disappointed there is no factory option for a hands-free Bluetooth. Other than that ,the quality is good, no problems yet.

Sunroof, XM radio and heated leather seats, quieter engine.

Less storage space, poor gas mileage, no factory Bluetooth for a $34,000 vehicle!!!

Really, really good, but not great.
By HondaNgermany

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Expecting a 3rd child, we knew exactly what we were going to get. Honda is the most reliable motor company out there and are long-trusted in my family. We were so impressed by the build quality. It's like they gathered all the moms of the world and asked them what they wanted in a van and then met ALL demands. I have only two complaints. This car is a Jekyll and Hyde van. In the dry weather, it drives great! But give it some rain and it becomes a monster. The variable cylinder control system SNAPS on and off creating a wrestling match with the stability control system and causes the van to rock side-to-side. Not a good thing on a sick, wet road. The other issue are the brakes (see below).

I love the leather seats. It's more of a leather chair than a car seat. I also like all the storage space and the automatic doors. They seemed like a luxury at the time of purchase, but now I see how useful and safe they are. The power lift gate is useful too when loading or when hands are full.

The variable cylinder control system and the traction control system need to learn to play nice in the rain. The rocking it causes is not okay. The stock brakes are rubbish. Should I have to put my foot in the floor to stop at a light? Metallic blend pads on stock rotors make for some close calls.

Noisy and bouncy
By Nancy

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned the Odyssey less than two months. It has 3,000 miles and has been on one long trip from NC to CT. It has lots of wind and road noise. It only drives well on smooth pavement. The cargo area is poorly designed. There are no tie down hooks to strap in cargo. It seems to be solely designed to haul people. We usually keep a vehicle 7 - 10 years. This one will be gone in 2-3 years. Front seats are uncomfortable.

Roomy feel in front cockpit.

EX-L should have more comfortable seats in front. Front passenger seat should have better lumbar support and should move further back. Needs automatic headlights.

• SUV