2010 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Great, Great Van for the family.
By acesrwild on 01/08/14 20:17 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Only owns Hondas. I just bought my Honda odyssey ex-l. I love driving it all the time, but I notice that powering steering is always make noise when you made a 90 degree turn. does that really happen on all Hondas or just on the minivan? For most of you owns Honda odyssey, does your van has that kind of problem too? Give some advise would be great. thanks!

Don't buy if you live where it snows
By rarcj on 12/19/12 15:41 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this van for a year, and have missed my SUV ever since I bought it. The dealership was great, the service is fabulous, and Honda's reputation is the best, which is why I bought the van in the first place. However, I will not buy another Honda or a van. I was just stuck on a tiny hill in the snow for :15 minutes until some good person towed me up the hill. EVERYONE was going around me, including cars and other makes of vans. This van is not comfortable to me to drive, and it does not allow electronic devices to be charged when the vehicle is off.

Excellent Mini Van
By gross34 on 06/24/12 10:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in our 03 Honda Odyssey for the 2010 Odyssey and we absolutely love it. We have had it for 18 months and we have put over 23000 miles on it. We made 2 long road trips with it and no problems. We have had to change the oil at 15% and rotated the tires, otherwise this van is a absolute must for any family. The seating for 8 may bit a bit over rated because the middle seat in the 2nd row is small. Otherwise the vehicle handles well in rain, snow and dry conditions equally. If I had to change anything I would have gotten the AWD model.

Gas MPG not as advertised!!
By walden94 on 03/05/11 08:02 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in our 2000 Odyssey with 120k miles, for a brand new 2010 EX-L. It has better performance than the older model but less room in back. We used to be able to stow stuff under the 3rd seat but the 2010 is now blocked off. Also, the sticker advertises 25 mpg hwy but we've never received better than 20 mpg after 6k miles. Also, disappointed there is no factory option for a hands-free Bluetooth. Other than that ,the quality is good, no problems yet.

Nice family minivan!
By gigig1 on 02/14/11 21:56 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded our 2007 EX-L RES with 2010 Touring ,and we loved it!.I heard a lot of reviews about transmission problems on odyssey van but so far I didn't have problem with our 07.There are complains about MPG ratings too!you know what,maybe you forgot that this is a 6 cylinder,not 4,so don't expect that it's as fuel efficient as civic.We drove our 07 to New York 2 yrs. ago and I filled the tank twice only all the way.We started from the midwest.Very reliable van!!

2011 Odyssey EX-L w/ NAV
By kmich71 on 12/20/10 23:10 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2011 Odyssey EX-L w/ NAVI 2 wks ago and really like it. Looked at the Pilot, but needed the 3rd row seating with trunk space and the Odyssey made the most sense and was more practical. Did a ton of research and compared it to the Sienna, but actually like the style, drive and interior more with the Odyssey. Wife was on the fence about driving/owning a mini van, but after 2 weeks she absolutely loves it. Kids have enough space to spread out between the 2 rows and trips to the store or kids sports activities are a breeze with car-pooling and the trunk space. I drive a luxury sedan which this doesnÂ’t compare to, but for a functional family vehicle, you cannot go wrong.

Disappointed in Honda
By Neil on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a year ago, thinking about trading. Drives nice, however there is a vibration under the car while accelerating through the lower gears. Honda recalled it for vibration judder software update - made no difference. Took it back - said they heard the noise and was likely due to poor gas. They actually recommended premium gas to remedy "spark ping". Funny since the car only requires regular gas. American Honda Corp then asked me to take it for a second opinion. When I was at the dealer, I saw a guy bringing his odyssey in for same problem. My '97 Sentra sounds better than this car. The car does drive nice, however can't stand this terrible noise. Wouldn't buy Honda again.

Really, really good, but not great.
By HondaNgermany on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Expecting a 3rd child, we knew exactly what we were going to get. Honda is the most reliable motor company out there and are long-trusted in my family. We were so impressed by the build quality. It's like they gathered all the moms of the world and asked them what they wanted in a van and then met ALL demands. I have only two complaints. This car is a Jekyll and Hyde van. In the dry weather, it drives great! But give it some rain and it becomes a monster. The variable cylinder control system SNAPS on and off creating a wrestling match with the stability control system and causes the van to rock side-to-side. Not a good thing on a sick, wet road. The other issue are the brakes (see below).

Noisy and bouncy
By Nancy on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned the Odyssey less than two months. It has 3,000 miles and has been on one long trip from NC to CT. It has lots of wind and road noise. It only drives well on smooth pavement. The cargo area is poorly designed. There are no tie down hooks to strap in cargo. It seems to be solely designed to haul people. We usually keep a vehicle 7 - 10 years. This one will be gone in 2-3 years. Front seats are uncomfortable.

Waiting to be Impressed.
By Anetrella on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Coming from an Audi Q7 and a 5 series BMW before that, I am surprised by the lack opf BASIC technology in this vehicle. If the best thing you can say about this thing is that it drives most like a car out of its competitors, well, what does that really say? It is a van, designed for family transport, how does it do there? Sadly compared to a test driven Chrystler Town and Country. Plain and simple, you get tons more features with similar quality for less money with the alternatives. Only reason I am in this vehicle is the wife wants to keep up with the jones'.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Odyssey in VA is:

$116 per month*