Rides Like A Truck
By DrFerry on
2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
We had a 2000 Odyssey LX and kept for nine years. My wife replaced our 2000 model with a new EX-L in July '09 - when Dealers were practically giving them away. The most annoying thing about the van is how harsh it rides. It crashes over the smallest bumps. Potholes feel as if the van has no suspension as everything seems to shake and vibrate. The vehicle is way over sprung and over damped in bump and rebound. A road can look smooth, but the ride will be jiggly, nervous and harsh. I have had ridden in Pick- Up trucks that do a better job of isolating road irregularities than a 2009 Odyssey EX-L. I wish we could take it back and get a model with a softer ride. Go for a long test drive folks.
Favorite Features
Plenty of cup holders and air-bags. The button to close the rear hatch is a great idea. Rear luggage space is huge as the third row seats fold into the floor. Cylinder deactivation saves a tiny bit of gas when cruising. The side door dashboard activation buttons are a nice touch.
Suggested Improvements
Please offer a model with a more comfortable suspension. We don't all want to take our vans to the race track. Wish I did not have to put it in park to open the side doors - which is real annoying at the school drop off line and anywhere else for that matter. Offer a 4cyl version with 30mpg city.