2009 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: Back to a van after years away

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Review

Back to a van after years away
By Allavalons on

2009 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had 3 other vans (all Chryslers) which had turned to go to all cars back in 2000. I decided to try one more time and I have been pleasantly surprised. The Ody is really comfortable, is solid as a rock, no rattles, quiet, and with the rear camera has great visibility. The disappearing 3rd row is great and the rear well when the seat is up provides an excellent space for loads of packages, suitcases etc. The mileage is at the top end of the EPA estimate and has exceeded the estimate on several recent trips, verified by actual calculation not just the trip computer. The leather seats are the most comfortable and supportive I've had in a vehicle under $50,000.

Powers rear doors and liftgate, the fold flat 3rd row seats, the touch screen Nav beats my Toyota Nav in my Avalon hands down. The RES is great, my daughter and wife loved the wireless headphones on a recent trip. 8 passenger option is great while still providing Captains seats in 2nd row.

Timed delay on headlights shutoff when in Auto mode would be great. Rain sensing wipers should be available on a $40,000 vehicle as should Laser cruise control.