2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
2009 LX - Not bad
By ale on 03/28/09 06:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just bought the LX and have been driving it for a few days. The car is easy to handle and the ride is pretty smooth. I know it is an base model but for safety reasons, with children in mind, I wish Honda would just make all their models with electronic doors. I would have loved to purchase the EX but could not afford the price. Also would prefer the review mirrors to be a bit larger as their is a blind spot area that is hard to catch. Second, design the radio closer to the driver so you're not having to reach so far over to work the radio - some people are short. Finally, I think a tray, similar to the one in the front should also be placed between the second row seats.

Where is the reliability?
By Low Budget Dave on 03/27/09 16:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I spent the extra money on a Honda because my friends told me the Chrysler was unreliable. But the Honda's check engine light came on after 20 miles, and is still on. The dealer can turn it off for me, if I drive the 20 miles back to the dealer. The road noise is worse than my 4Runner, the seats are less comfortable, there are fewer features, and the VCM feature stopped working when the engine light came on. I want my 4Runner back.

Long time Honda fan
By AEdwards on 03/25/09 19:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our sixth Honda product, first van. Love the way Honda packages models so you don't have to buy an option you don't want just to get something you do want. Great quality that we expect from Honda. Odyssey has definitely lived up to it's reputation. Lot's of fun features to keep kids and dads happy.

So far so good....
By sid on 03/01/09 18:29 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After months of flipping between Odyssey and Sienna, I am a very happy owner of a Honda. Its fun to drive and turns like a normal car. Doesn't feel when you are driving a van, only when you see the space, it feels like a spaceship.

09 EX-L w/RES Just off Assembly Line
By raechris on 03/01/09 10:08 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased my first Honda and first minivan. It just came off the assembly line two weeks ago and the family could not be more excited. Having driven sports cars, sedans and wagons up until this point, I can honestly say after a short adjustment to the driving dynamic of a van, it is just wonderful. Having the unusual ability to detect even the smallest fault, there is a slight rattle/buzz above driver's head area, but the radio easily compensates. It is a living room on wheels, the kids have plenty of room and love all the options/variations, space. Insanely comfortable, amazing visibility, plenty of power and a VCM system that is nearly imperceptible. On the first half tank 19 mpg city.

Practical and Utilitarian
By DR. KARL on 02/19/09 08:09 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just traded in a 2007 MB CLS550 for a more practical vehicle... no regrets! This minivan is more useful and spacious than our MB GL450. Touring model wonderful in that no options apply (comes fully loaded); avoid the PAX system however - expensive to replace the tires. Sound system/DVD player/navigation system are user friendly. Cylinder deactivation of 3.5L V6 is great, enabling 26 mpg on highway. Amount of storage space (without folding 3rd row seats flat) is astonishing. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone with kids and dogs (we have one child and 2 dogs).

Best One Yet
By itsjustme on 02/18/09 15:17 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our van is used for both in town grocery getting, and long road trips. We typically get 18 mpg in suburban driving and 25+ mpg on the interstate. Once you get over the "I'm driving a mini van" syndrome, it is highly functional and drives like a car. We just went to the Chicago Auto Show to look for alternatives. Many smaller vehicles get less mileage, have greater depreciation, and cannot do all of the things a minivan can. Can't wait to take our tandem bike to Florida and escape from the Chicago winter.

Best van out there
By east on 02/16/09 18:57 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Really nice van. When you drive it, you know it is quality. Gas mileage seems average for a van. Stereo stinks - replace with better speakers Can't go wrong with a Honda

Satisfied so far
By Happy Van Owner on 02/15/09 17:38 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I admit, no one buys a minivan for driving excitement, but Honda does a good job of making a vehicle whose main purpose is functionality seem fun to drive. It does everything we ask of it, and actually remains reasonably fun to drive. Mileage is pretty good, and park assist is a great help. We're really happy with it after 4 months of driving.

A Very Nice Minivan
By Shawkins22 on 02/15/09 06:11 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far, a typical quality vehicle I expect from Honda. After 20 years of Civics, this is my first Honda Minivan and I love it! It is replacing a 1998 Sienna. The Odyssey is feature-rich and has good looks to boot. The rear entertainment system with headphones is a godsend. The dash is a bit intimidating at first, but every day we are learning how to use another feature. I was skeptical of the zone climate controls, but the are effective and work nicely.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan in VA is:

$116 per month*