Used 2009 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Third and Goal
By Third Odyssey

2009 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are on our third Odyssey and will likely go for a fourth. The 09 Touring has great features and functionality and keeps on getting better compared to our 04 and 05. Road noise is non-existent, fuel economy is 22 city and 28 highway. The radio is well placed and logical and the nav has everything including a compass. I paid 40% off of the $42K sticker due to dealer hunger. First time I have felt good about my purchase price.

Bluetooth handsfree linkage to cellphone, auto on headlights, foglights, power rear tailgate.

For the money, the nav system ought to have real-time traffic built in.

And he swore we wouldn't by a minivan...
By Luvmydaughter

2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Honda Odyssey. My first was a 2003 Odyssey EX. I have had a history of selling my cars after 2-3 years. My last Odyssey I had over 6.5 years-130,000 miles with nothing wrong with it. Only scheduled service. My husband also swore HE would never buy a Honda OR a minivan. When I was pg with my first child he was completely SOLD with the Odyssey- enough to get him to buy a Pilot a year later. SO when we got the new one it was a no brainer. I didn't even have to shop the market. The leather interior is beautiful. The basics are the same as the 2003 but they made it more luxurious and FUN! Wouldn't trade it for the world!

DVD player in dash - AWESOME feature. My last one I added an aftermarket DVD player that worked well, but the factory one is so much better! The leather is so soft. Rear cam is great. Sun shades are handy. Love that the rear windows roll down. All in all fun to drive!

My only complaint is you can only get the DVD system with the EXL or higher - granted I ended up with a higher model than originally expected (that I love). It was disappointing that you couldn't get it with the well equipt EX (as with my 2003). It looks like they have changed this with the 2010. : )

Great family car
By H Patel

2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great family car with excellent mileage. Gave about 27 mpg when driven to Niagara from Columbus. Love the leather and interior design. Automatic back door and sliding doors are must have feature for minivans. Paid 28,750 OTD price with 2.9% APR! Can't beat the price with the standard features that comes with this minivan while comparing with other vans...!

Automatic back lift, iPOD connection and high MPG on highway!

MPG in city is about 18! Getting 20 - 22 would be excellent!

Gas mileage
By Allen

2009 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 2,300 miles on my Odyssey and I get, in my estimation very poor gas mileage. I told the service adviser when I went there, that I thought that when the motor was idling, it seems kind of high rpm and he had the mechanic check and said it was normal. I am not happy. After several tankfuls I filled the tank again this morning and am getting 17.42 miles per gallon and I drive mostly highway miles.

His and hers control over the AC.

Better gas mileage.

Great Van
By Doug

2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our family absolutely loves this van. We have a 2009 EXL-RES. The rear entertainment system (RES) is a pleasure on trips. It allows the front drivers to listen to music while the kids watch their videos through the wireless headphones. Driving comfort and space is outstanding. The van is quiet and has very good road manners. The Odyssey replaced a Toyota Highlander for us. We were seriously considering the Sequoia for this purchase. We just found this to be a better vehicle for the money than the Sequoia. We are now van converts.

Rear entertainment system, ride, space and fuel economy.

More wireless headphones standard (comes with only 2).