2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
No complaints
By Danielle on 07/15/09 06:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am currently leasing the 2009 EX-L model with rear entertainment. I have been very impressed so far. The comfort is great. The cargo space is excellent! I wasn't very excited about crossing over into the minivan world as a former SUV driver but I've actually enjoyed the switch.

The Best Of The Mini-Vans
By cm111 on 07/10/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Odyssey is best-of-breed. Great build-quality and very functional. Where other brands put money into bells and whistles, Honda focuses instead on a great drive-train, top-notch suspension, steering and supportive seating. We have had the Towne and Country and Grand Caravan. The Honda is a more responsive vehicle that leaves the driver feeling in-control.

Excellent Family Van
By Jason on 06/30/09 11:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First van and feel confident with picking the Honda. Drives great. Highway fuel economy higher then expected. Interior is quite spacious and the leather interior makes it feel more luxurious. Navi and RES is awesome! Sound system is ok but then again it is a minivan. Overall an excellent choice for families who require room.

Horror-bolt disintegrated-uppr eng lost
By Pat on 06/29/09 11:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Sold 11 yr running Dodge Caravan, bought 09 Honda Odyssey. Had for about 3 months, took out west. Before return home took drive to Sedona, AZ, lost power on National Forest Road w/few places to pull over - van towed to dealership on Sunday. Monday told the whole upper engine destroyed by disintegrated bolt, needed days to repair. Afraid to drive it home about 1800 miles to Ohio. Informed insurance agent of manufacturer defect - if something else happens to investigate van. Seriously worried we could have been in bad accident. Honda disinterested in our concerns - repaired to their satisfaction not ours.

Family Hauler
By Firerobin on 06/26/09 21:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just recently upgraded from a Saturn Vue to the Honda Odyssey. We couldn't be happier with the upgrade. At first the wife was worried about her coolness factor and driving a minivan, but after driving it for a few weeks she is in love with the room and convenience. I like it for the features and handling. On many occasions now I've been driving at highway speeds when a light turns red and I'm worried about stopping in time an was initially surprised that I stopped with no problem and had room to spare. In the Vue, I would have had trouble stopping. The seats are comfortable, everything seems to be of good build quality.

More than happy with my choice!
By Jessica S. on 06/24/09 20:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We were in the market for our first minivan, narrowing the search to a Sienna or Odyssey. Odyssey's ability to load and control the DVD from the front with 2 small kids is a big win. Ultimately, though, Honda was willing to negotiate more than Toyota, with an offer below the TMV - What Others are Paying quote (below invoice). Have had the van for almost a month... no issues with noise, great mileage (avg. 21 mpg with a mix of highway/city driving), love the handling.

Great vehicle except gas mileage
By Second Odyssey on 06/21/09 13:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned two Honda odysseys. A 2007 Odyssey Touring that met a deer late at night and a 2008 Odyssey EX-L (bought new after the 2007's accident). Both vehicles have been completely reliable, a joy to own and drive and perfect for my family. However, one big surprise. Even with the 3,4 & 6 cylinder switching engine, the fuel economy has been averaging 13- 14 mpg. I'm not an aggressive driver and now that I know I'm getting this mileage, I've been trying to improve it but with not a lot of success. On long trips things certainly improve but around town gas mileage is my biggest disappointment. I expected better, maybe 17-18.

2009 Honda Odyssey LX
By mikecnorthwest on 06/12/09 07:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We replaced our 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager with this 2009 Honda Odyssey LX. We like to shop for quality products but our budget is also a limiting factor. The LX is a great way to get quality without having to break the bank. We got everything we need in a minivan, including excellent quality, without the added expense of features we don't really need. If you can live without power seats, power sliding doors, a high end stereo, leather, etc., then the LX is a great choice. Mechanically its really the same van as the high end model. You just need to be ready to open your own door and perhaps read a map if you really don't know where you're going.

Great Van, but...
By First Odyssey on 06/01/09 08:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love our new Odyssey. We had good luck with our 2000 Grand Caravan but the Honda looked better this time. We have just a few minor issues though, the digital displays are all over the dash and look like they were borrowed from a ten dollar watch. The clock and climate control settings are hard to see when the sun is out, and there's no constant display of the odometer except as one of three or four display options with the trip computer. And, what's with no compass? The daytime running lights/headlights have confused me as I have an automatic headlight switch on my other vehicle.

2009 Odyssey EXL RN!
By Lorraine on 05/26/09 05:55 AM (PDT)

Very impressed! I love the minivan just like my 3rd child (I only got 2 children)! The engine is smooth, quiet, and powerful. It's the best car we've ever bought! 100% Satisfaction! No complaint at all! Just bought it ~ 3 weeks ago with 1 mile on it when brand new.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.