2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
First Time Van Owner
By bad_dog205 on 09/30/09 22:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this vehicle with a 2400 mile Disney World trip in mind. It practically drove itself there and had us convinced we were in a luxury sedan. Driving feel was sporty. Mileage was 23 mpg despite using a/c even while parked often and driving 65-80 mph. At home it's closer to 16 mpg. Our son runs to get in and has never mentioned the SUV (he used to love so much). My wife hated to buy a minivan but fights over who gets to drive it next.

Back to a van after years away
By Allavalons on 09/13/09 06:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had 3 other vans (all Chryslers) which had turned to go to all cars back in 2000. I decided to try one more time and I have been pleasantly surprised. The Ody is really comfortable, is solid as a rock, no rattles, quiet, and with the rear camera has great visibility. The disappearing 3rd row is great and the rear well when the seat is up provides an excellent space for loads of packages, suitcases etc. The mileage is at the top end of the EPA estimate and has exceeded the estimate on several recent trips, verified by actual calculation not just the trip computer. The leather seats are the most comfortable and supportive I've had in a vehicle under $50,000.

Third and Goal
By Third Odyssey on 07/22/09 22:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are on our third Odyssey and will likely go for a fourth. The 09 Touring has great features and functionality and keeps on getting better compared to our 04 and 05. Road noise is non-existent, fuel economy is 22 city and 28 highway. The radio is well placed and logical and the nav has everything including a compass. I paid 40% off of the $42K sticker due to dealer hunger. First time I have felt good about my purchase price.

Excellent Family Van
By Jason on 06/30/09 11:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First van and feel confident with picking the Honda. Drives great. Highway fuel economy higher then expected. Interior is quite spacious and the leather interior makes it feel more luxurious. Navi and RES is awesome! Sound system is ok but then again it is a minivan. Overall an excellent choice for families who require room.

Practical and Utilitarian
By DR. KARL on 02/19/09 08:09 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just traded in a 2007 MB CLS550 for a more practical vehicle... no regrets! This minivan is more useful and spacious than our MB GL450. Touring model wonderful in that no options apply (comes fully loaded); avoid the PAX system however - expensive to replace the tires. Sound system/DVD player/navigation system are user friendly. Cylinder deactivation of 3.5L V6 is great, enabling 26 mpg on highway. Amount of storage space (without folding 3rd row seats flat) is astonishing. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone with kids and dogs (we have one child and 2 dogs).

Satisfied so far
By Happy Van Owner on 02/15/09 17:38 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I admit, no one buys a minivan for driving excitement, but Honda does a good job of making a vehicle whose main purpose is functionality seem fun to drive. It does everything we ask of it, and actually remains reasonably fun to drive. Mileage is pretty good, and park assist is a great help. We're really happy with it after 4 months of driving.

Honda Mom 2nd time
By Honmom on 11/04/08 06:25 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Sienna and liked it very much, but bought the Honda based on the safety factor. It rides like a dream, with great pickup. It has lots of room and is very comfortable. I agree about not getting PAX. I have heard it is a complaint by a few. The Toyota is poorly rated for rear crashes with the insurance institute. This was a huge factor for me having three children. I have had no significant issues to speak of. I am sold on Odysseys.

Follow up on my 08 Touring
By Hammock1 on 10/18/08 05:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After driving a nice van in most regards except a rattle trap, finally got it to an Illinois dealer who cured the rattle problems by applying a Honda grease (Part# 08798-9013) to all the door gaskets. Wow, now totally rattle free. Just over 21,000 and love it more all the time. In Daytona Beach area where I live, they added ethanol now and gas mileage dropped to 21 around town and 24 on the road but ALL vehicles suffer with Ethanol.

Best van ever!
By podra on 09/18/08 16:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought the 2009 Odyssey it is the best van there is in the market. This Honda is well built, smooth and quiet, very powerful and it has great reliability and great value. Brought it home 2 weeks ago and no problems. Our last car was a sienna and it had transmission problems so i sold it. Always buy a Honda it won't disappoint.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan in VA is:

$124 per month*