2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Noises and vibrations started at 22,000 miles
By cargus on 09/27/12 21:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All kind of mechanical problems. Some were fixed under warranty and some noises they just do not know where they come from. CV joints needed to be replaced at 30,000, strut mounts went bad at 45,000. Noise is when I accelerate between 40 and 55 mph. I will not buy another Honda. On top of that the dealer does not seem to care and Honda customer service did nothing. I had 5 toyotas and never had any problems. Will have to go back to Toyota. STAY AWAY if you need a reliable car

Brakes, doors and windows
By RAC on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very unsatisfied with this vehicle. I'm owner of three other Honda and decided to buy and Odyssey. Decided to buy lower end Honda because i don't like automatic doors. van has been in the dealer twice for issues with the doors due problems with spring. at 21k miles van was having issues when pressing the brakes at 50 mph the steening wheels vibrates very hard, took van to the dealer and according to the dealer rotors are uneven and need re-surface or replacement. According to do them the problem is bad driving. I cannot believe this response. I have other Honda and has never had any issues with rotors at this early driving mileage. Warranty doesn't cover rotors after 10K miles. Van not recommended.

2009 Odyssey LX
By daveb on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the Ody but beware of the braking! 3 times now, I have applied the brakes and my foot caught the gas pedal also. VERY scary and dangerous. I have been driving for over 30 years and have NEVER had this problem. Seems the pedal is not high enough and there is no adjustment. 2 times this happened at busy 55mph intersection - engine racing, abs light on, van still moving forward and my foot on the brake. 3rd time, almost hit the basketball post in my driveway. I must be very aware of my foot position in this van when stopping - I think it is dangerous and dealer says there is no adjustment.

2009 Honda Odyssey LX
By mikecnorthwest on 06/12/09 07:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We replaced our 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager with this 2009 Honda Odyssey LX. We like to shop for quality products but our budget is also a limiting factor. The LX is a great way to get quality without having to break the bank. We got everything we need in a minivan, including excellent quality, without the added expense of features we don't really need. If you can live without power seats, power sliding doors, a high end stereo, leather, etc., then the LX is a great choice. Mechanically its really the same van as the high end model. You just need to be ready to open your own door and perhaps read a map if you really don't know where you're going.

2009 LX - Not bad
By ale on 03/28/09 06:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just bought the LX and have been driving it for a few days. The car is easy to handle and the ride is pretty smooth. I know it is an base model but for safety reasons, with children in mind, I wish Honda would just make all their models with electronic doors. I would have loved to purchase the EX but could not afford the price. Also would prefer the review mirrors to be a bit larger as their is a blind spot area that is hard to catch. Second, design the radio closer to the driver so you're not having to reach so far over to work the radio - some people are short. Finally, I think a tray, similar to the one in the front should also be placed between the second row seats.

Best van out there
By east on 02/16/09 18:57 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Really nice van. When you drive it, you know it is quality. Gas mileage seems average for a van. Stereo stinks - replace with better speakers Can't go wrong with a Honda

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan in VA is:

$116 per month*