Used 2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Accck, where is the Honda quality? Love the design
By Shannon

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are on our 2nd Honda Odyssey. Our first died at 135K with a starter problem that couldn't not be fixed, by anyone! That car also had transmission failure at 100K, replaced under warranty. ( a different dealership) Our 2009 Odyssey has had power steering pump replaced- twice, fuel pump replaced and now, the same starter problem at 135K. The starter has been replaced but it did not fix the problem. We are done with Honda, though I think the this dealership has gone above and beyond in trying to make us happy. The cars - both of them, not up to our quality standards. Love the minivan, hate the repair hassle.

3rd Engine >65,000 miles
By smith2121

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm on my third engine with less than 65,000 miles on the car. Luckily it's been under warranty for all repairs. However, in addition to the two new engines we've spent thousands of dollars on little repairs that keep coming up. We've owned the car for a little over two years and on average it's been in the shop once every month for the last two years. I will NEVER buy a Honda again.

Each time we take our car into the shop for an issue covered under warranty the mechanics reach out to Honda and Honda decides to do the least expensive repair possible. They put a bandaid on when they should do surgery - spend the money to do repairs that will actually fix the car. Utterly disappointed in the level of service. I will never buy another Honda.

Unreliable
By lktowens

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excessive oil consumption issue that Honda will not recognize (much less fix) causes this car to be highly unreliable. I will not buy another Honda.

Noises and vibrations started at 22,000 miles
By cargus

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All kind of mechanical problems. Some were fixed under warranty and some noises they just do not know where they come from. CV joints needed to be replaced at 30,000, strut mounts went bad at 45,000. Noise is when I accelerate between 40 and 55 mph. I will not buy another Honda. On top of that the dealer does not seem to care and Honda customer service did nothing. I had 5 toyotas and never had any problems. Will have to go back to Toyota. STAY AWAY if you need a reliable car

Brakes, doors and windows
By RAC

2009 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very unsatisfied with this vehicle. I'm owner of three other Honda and decided to buy and Odyssey. Decided to buy lower end Honda because i don't like automatic doors. van has been in the dealer twice for issues with the doors due problems with spring. at 21k miles van was having issues when pressing the brakes at 50 mph the steening wheels vibrates very hard, took van to the dealer and according to the dealer rotors are uneven and need re-surface or replacement. According to do them the problem is bad driving. I cannot believe this response. I have other Honda and has never had any issues with rotors at this early driving mileage. Warranty doesn't cover rotors after 10K miles. Van not recommended.

None, very disappointed, rubber around the door is melting and causing black marks on the glass and causes the window to get stick

Need to revise quality, Honda is going in the same trend as Toyota. Ignoring issues. Glove compartment door is uneven, Seal on rear door spoiler was replaced.

• SUV