Used 2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Honda SUPER Van
By mike shinkus

2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Odyssey. My first was a 2000 EX. I kept it 9 years and had around 121000 miles on it. I would NOT purchase any other. We have traveled all over in this Odyssey and it runs flawlessly. You can store more stuff in the back than you could imagine !!! We traveled with it loaded to the gills plus the hard shell, OME, on the roof and NEVER had an issue. The SINGLE warranty item was a rear wheel bearing when the van had about 2000 miles on it. Nothing else. Replaced the timing belt at 130000 along with the water pump and all the pulleys. Changed oil and filter every 3K miles even though I know it isn`t required but I am old school. Replaced the front rotors twice so far along with the pads. I always buy the best replacement parts and they work well. No Advanced garbage. My Odyssey likes Firestone tires as they last the longest and handle the winter weather we get here in PA. Yes, I do put snow tires on it but sometimes get caught with the all seasons on. Highly recommend any one to purchase the Honda Odyssey. Simply THE BEST !!!! I will be selling this one in 2 more years, I keep them 9 years as long as they deserve it and this one does !!!!

Unreliable
By lktowens

2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excessive oil consumption issue that Honda will not recognize (much less fix) causes this car to be highly unreliable.
I will not buy another Honda.

The great debate: Sienna or Odyssey
By LaFio

2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I must have test driven each of these cars at least 3 times. In the end, I got an Odyssey because I got the better deal and more options. The Honda was fun. Downside: Honda road noise is awful and, after several weeks, I feel like I'm driving a tank with no pick up. The passenger seat feels like it teeters when you accelerate or stop. And the stitching on the steering wheel has come unraveled. The passenger doors don't open/close fast enough. I'm happy with the van (see pros below), but I wish I had gotten the Sienna, despite its boring appearance.

Love the Rear DVD and rear parking camera. Seats are extremely comfortable for those with a bad back. Love new blue color. (Tired of mocha)

Too much $$ for problems. Leather feels cheap. Road noise and car rattles. Needs more pick up. "Miles to Empty" is really, really needed.

Great family car
By H Patel

2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great family car with excellent mileage. Gave about 27 mpg when driven to Niagara from Columbus. Love the leather and interior design. Automatic back door and sliding doors are must have feature for minivans. Paid 28,750 OTD price with 2.9% APR! Can't beat the price with the standard features that comes with this minivan while comparing with other vans...!

Automatic back lift, iPOD connection and high MPG on highway!

MPG in city is about 18! Getting 20 - 22 would be excellent!

Great Van
By Doug

2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our family absolutely loves this van. We have a 2009 EXL-RES. The rear entertainment system (RES) is a pleasure on trips. It allows the front drivers to listen to music while the kids watch their videos through the wireless headphones. Driving comfort and space is outstanding. The van is quiet and has very good road manners. The Odyssey replaced a Toyota Highlander for us. We were seriously considering the Sequoia for this purchase. We just found this to be a better vehicle for the money than the Sequoia. We are now van converts.

Rear entertainment system, ride, space and fuel economy.

More wireless headphones standard (comes with only 2).