Used 2009 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

great car but a little behind the times
By William Gowen

2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you have a lot of electronic stuff you'll have to do some improvising. There's only one 12v outlet and no usb ports.

Honda SUPER Van
By mike shinkus

2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Odyssey. My first was a 2000 EX. I kept it 9 years and had around 121000 miles on it. I would NOT purchase any other. We have traveled all over in this Odyssey and it runs flawlessly. You can store more stuff in the back than you could imagine !!! We traveled with it loaded to the gills plus the hard shell, OME, on the roof and NEVER had an issue. The SINGLE warranty item was a rear wheel bearing when the van had about 2000 miles on it. Nothing else. Replaced the timing belt at 130000 along with the water pump and all the pulleys. Changed oil and filter every 3K miles even though I know it isn`t required but I am old school. Replaced the front rotors twice so far along with the pads. I always buy the best replacement parts and they work well. No Advanced garbage. My Odyssey likes Firestone tires as they last the longest and handle the winter weather we get here in PA. Yes, I do put snow tires on it but sometimes get caught with the all seasons on. Highly recommend any one to purchase the Honda Odyssey. Simply THE BEST !!!! I will be selling this one in 2 more years, I keep them 9 years as long as they deserve it and this one does !!!!

Great Road Trips
By Mark Rudloff

2009 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Mini van is 7 years old and looks new except for wear on carpeting. Easiest and best road trip vehicle.

Accck, where is the Honda quality? Love the design
By Shannon

2009 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are on our 2nd Honda Odyssey. Our first died at 135K with a starter problem that couldn't not be fixed, by anyone! That car also had transmission failure at 100K, replaced under warranty. ( a different dealership)

Our 2009 Odyssey has had power steering pump replaced- twice, fuel pump replaced and now, the same starter problem at 135K. The starter has been replaced but it did not fix the problem.

We are done with Honda, though I think the this dealership has gone above and beyond in trying to make us happy.
The cars - both of them, not up to our quality standards. Love the minivan, hate the repair hassle.

3rd Engine >65,000 miles
By smith2121

2009 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm on my third engine with less than 65,000 miles on the car. Luckily it's been under warranty for all repairs. However, in addition to the two new engines we've spent thousands of dollars on little repairs that keep coming up. We've owned the car for a little over two years and on average it's been in the shop once every month for the last two years. I will NEVER buy a Honda again.

Each time we take our car into the shop for an issue covered under warranty the mechanics reach out to Honda and Honda decides to do the least expensive repair possible. They put a bandaid on when they should do surgery - spend the money to do repairs that will actually fix the car. Utterly disappointed in the level of service. I will never buy another Honda.