The Best Van You Can Get
By KenIL on
2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I traded my 2000 Odyssey in for a 2008 EX-L and it's great. I test drove 2 of them to watch for things I found in other reviews (rattles, bad brakes, poor shifting, pulling to right, etc.) and the van is great. I drove the car over multiple rough RR crossings and it's as solid and quiet as you can get. The ride is nice & solid and everything looks and works exactly as it should. They made some nice improvements including better mileage with more horsepower. Nice work Honda.
Favorite Features
Sunroof, XM, backup camera, iPod port, leather interior, triple climate control, interior configurations, deep & spacious trunk, middle seat windows that lower (new to us, 2000 model did not do this), multiple glove compartments, two 12-volt power ports, replacement of the spare in rear of car.
Suggested Improvements
I think $4k for the nav & DVD system is a bit steep, plus no dealers in our area had any. I figure that with 10% of that I could get a portable nav system and portable DVD player and come out ahead. Would have been nice if the front cut-out for the fog lamps actually had fog lamps!