2008 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: Second One

2008 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Review

EX-L Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic w/Nav, Rear Entertainment)

Second One
By KrisB on

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, a great van. I had a 2005 Touring, which performed excellently in a roll over - not a scratch or bruise on me. That was reason enough to get a second. This time we opted for the EX-L w/ R&N. There are a few things I miss, like the memory seats (I'm 6'1", my wife 5'2"), auto headlights, rear sensors and the rear power door, some of which should be standard. We compared the new Chrysler van (a relative has comparable one), and they are by far more feature intensive at the same price, but they just didn't have the same level of comfort and the gas mileage isn't as good. Would like to see some of the options at a lesser cost, like Bluetooth. $800 - a joke!

Nav, DVD system, comfort, handling, engine, ease of use (driving, parking, etc), seats

Have had two problems in first 1000 miles. Slider door broke and wouldn't open and check engine light. We're at 3000 miles now and no other issues. If you look at the bumper the wrong way, it scratches. With strollers and other kid stuff, it needs to be more durable. It is a bumper, after all.