2008 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: Honda Marriage on the Rocks!

2008 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Review

EX-L Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Honda Marriage on the Rocks!
By Rich on

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It was love at first sight, but after 26,000 mi, I'm close to filing for divorce on my 2008 Odyssey! "How do I unlove thee? Let me count the Defects!" 1. Rattles and window whistles from day one. 2. Mushy brakes: Recalled 3. Shutter and maddening erratic shifting: Re- programmed Transmission. 4. Loud Power Steering noises: Replaced plugged Power Steering Reservoir. 5. And, finally, failed Torque Converter: Replaced. I really what to love her, but she's making it awfully difficult. I guess, like some beautiful women, she's great to look at but she's nothing but trouble on the inside! I hope Honda doesn't run out of parts before the warranty expires!

Like I said, I want to lover her! She's fun to drive, very comfortable, and has a very nice interior (and exterior, for that matter). Just don't take an x-ray of her insides.

Just come up with a real transmission! Forget all the fancy anticipatory shifting stuff! If you can't make the VCM work right with the transmission, maybe you should just forget the VCM. You really have got to make a Transmission that works (longer than 26,000 mi)!