My first 18 months
By scottinky on
2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Took out a lease on this 2008 EX-L after trying the large SUV route. This is by far the most practical vehicle I have ever owned. The interior is well laid out, but materials could be better. Engine is responsive and smooth. Ride, even in the third row is comfortable. My kids love the DVD player. My wife and I love the ease of entry and exit. Despite my ego issues with driving a van and having had the opportunity to dump out of it early and go back to a cheaper SUV, I just couldn't do it. Dealer service has been excellent in dealing with the transmission problem and the noise issues. All have been fixed. Hopefully I won't have any more issues to deal with, just gas and tires.
Favorite Features
Power sliding doors. Gauge cluster, back up camera, DVD system, hwy fuel economy, sat radio, sporty driving experience and cargo/people hauling capacity.
Suggested Improvements
Improve interior materials. Too much wind and road noise, better sound insulation. More engine HP and AWD model. Improve door trim design, get rid of the stupid silver trim, it comes loose and rattles.