Exceeds Expectations
By Traveler7 on
2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
We bought a 2008 EX-L just over 4 months ago and my wife (and I) couldn't be more pleased. We compared this vs. the Toyota Sienna, and while my wife liked the "softer/smoother" freeway ride of the Sienna, the Odyssey handled better than the Sienna when making any turns over 15 MPH. Around-town fuel economy averages about 19 MPG). The big test came last week when our family of 4 took a trip from So. Cal to the Bay Area. The Odyssey was *extremely* comfortable over the entire trip. The kicker was that I calculated that the van got **27.9 MPG** on the freeway. Avg speed: 75 MPH; cruise control on when possible; A/C on about 80% of the time. The variable-cylinder technology really works well!
Favorite Features
Handling, fuel economy, styling (IMO, it looks better than any of the other minivans.) The back-up camera is invaluable now that we have it, and I trust a live video view while backing up more than an audio-based (beeping/"sonar") system.
Suggested Improvements
Rear A/C controls need to be improved. The dealer service dept had to instruct us how to control the rear A/C fan appropriately.