Used 2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

first year review
By MK

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First let me start of by saying that I am a huge car guy. Overall the odyssey is a nice minivan. It is a nice ride for a longer road trip or hauling people around, probably the best minivan out there right now, not that there is a very large selection available. On the down side it is far from perfect. First of when you get a car that is $40000+ you should expect better interior materials, especially on the dash. It's all hard plastic, kinda like the pre- 2007 GM's. I have owned infinities before in the same price range and the dashes were much more luxurious. Secondly the seats other then the driver side are not exactly comfortable. The backs stick out to much. The outside mirrors stink

The simplicity of the navigation, storage

When you fold the outside mirror it gets back to its default setting. The A/C system is just not powerful enough takes forever to cool down. Where are the auto lights, come on my 2000 LS Astro has auto lights. Improve the seat comfort and upgrade the interior materials. Sound systems sounds hollow.

Happy so far
By Leon

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/PAX (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We drove it from Augusta, Ga. with 14,000 mi. It was smooth and comfortable but so was my 2000 Dodge Minivan with 154,375 mi. Too many toys on the Touring model. Fun to drive: It's a Minivan, how much fun is it driving a Minivan, it's not a sports car.

Love the back-up camera and Gps. Great ride, easy handling. So far so good will let you know after the winter driving.

Get rid of the PAX Tires- Improve the gas mileage, got 28 mpg. If you got 40 mpg like the Toyota Venza would be great and you sell more vehicles.

Won't buy another Honda!!!
By js114

I purchased this brand new and at first I did not want a minivan, but I've found I like the convenience of it. Now I absolutely can't stand it, the passenger side door rattles. At first it sounded like a marble. They took the door apart and wrapped everything, it was gone for a few months, now it's a new rattle and now the other door has started. It's bad when your 4 year old says, "mommy my door is rattling again." You can't even turn up the radio to drown it out. It's only a year old and I want to get rid of it. I wish I never got rid of my 4Runner. Dealer says he's never heard of this problem. After reading the reviews, it sounds very common.

DVD, Navigation, backup camera

Rattles...fix the doors.

One Year With The Odyssey EXL-Navi
By Rich

A follow-up review from our first month of ownership. My wife and I bought the van for long trips. Using 91 octane at 60-65 mph we average 27-28 MPG. Mileage in town 21 MPG using a light foot on the accelerator. Combined mileage about 22-23. Very comfortable on long trips. Navi great, seats great, maneuverability great for van, entry/exit seat height great, noise control OK, front suspension OK, mileage better than SUV, exterior looks great, gauge legibility great, headlight projection great, dash design dated (think JDM), interior plastic too cheap. Upgrade the 2010 interior plastic to match the 2009 Pilot.

Navi, seats, room, seat height, gauges. EXL with Navi has great features. When you add it up, the overall experience is great, even if not scoring at the top of many categories. Much like the old Volvo 240/940, it is the whole package score that moved the vehicle to the top.

Improved noise suppression, front suspension, and interior plastics. Hard plastics will scratch with little effort. Needs better sounding radio, auto tailgate lift and standard bluetooth. Sure there are things that could be better but the whole package makes this a great long distance hauler.

Please stop the rattles!!!
By Sue

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had the vehicle for 15 months with little to no problems. I did hit a deer on Thanksgiving Eve which did $2200 damage to car. Had repairs done through the dealership with no problems. My only real complaint with the car is the rattles! The passenger side slider sounds like it will rattle right off the hinges. Both sliders creek when coming to and pulling away from a stop. Very annoying! While the second row power down windows seem like a great feature, when the windows are open it sounds like I'm driving with flat tires and the thumping in my ears is annoying. I don't have the second row windows down. I'd much prefer the far back windows to vent open.

Love the leather interior; cleans up nice. The kids love the entertainment system, although hubby complains the headphones have too much static.

Get rid of the power windows in the second row and allow the far back windows to vent open outwards.

• SUV