Used 2008 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Won't buy another Honda!!!
By js114

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this brand new and at first I did not want a minivan, but I've found I like the convenience of it. Now I absolutely can't stand it, the passenger side door rattles. At first it sounded like a marble. They took the door apart and wrapped everything, it was gone for a few months, now it's a new rattle and now the other door has started. It's bad when your 4 year old says, "mommy my door is rattling again." You can't even turn up the radio to drown it out. It's only a year old and I want to get rid of it. I wish I never got rid of my 4Runner. Dealer says he's never heard of this problem. After reading the reviews, it sounds very common.

DVD, Navigation, backup camera

Rattles...fix the doors.

One Year With The Odyssey EXL-Navi
By Rich

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A follow-up review from our first month of ownership. My wife and I bought the van for long trips. Using 91 octane at 60-65 mph we average 27-28 MPG. Mileage in town 21 MPG using a light foot on the accelerator. Combined mileage about 22-23. Very comfortable on long trips. Navi great, seats great, maneuverability great for van, entry/exit seat height great, noise control OK, front suspension OK, mileage better than SUV, exterior looks great, gauge legibility great, headlight projection great, dash design dated (think JDM), interior plastic too cheap. Upgrade the 2010 interior plastic to match the 2009 Pilot.

Navi, seats, room, seat height, gauges. EXL with Navi has great features. When you add it up, the overall experience is great, even if not scoring at the top of many categories. Much like the old Volvo 240/940, it is the whole package score that moved the vehicle to the top.

Improved noise suppression, front suspension, and interior plastics. Hard plastics will scratch with little effort. Needs better sounding radio, auto tailgate lift and standard bluetooth. Sure there are things that could be better but the whole package makes this a great long distance hauler.

Please stop the rattles!!!
By Sue

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had the vehicle for 15 months with little to no problems. I did hit a deer on Thanksgiving Eve which did $2200 damage to car. Had repairs done through the dealership with no problems. My only real complaint with the car is the rattles! The passenger side slider sounds like it will rattle right off the hinges. Both sliders creek when coming to and pulling away from a stop. Very annoying! While the second row power down windows seem like a great feature, when the windows are open it sounds like I'm driving with flat tires and the thumping in my ears is annoying. I don't have the second row windows down. I'd much prefer the far back windows to vent open.

Love the leather interior; cleans up nice. The kids love the entertainment system, although hubby complains the headphones have too much static.

Get rid of the power windows in the second row and allow the far back windows to vent open outwards.

Glad I bought a mini van
By Texdav

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was really stuck whether to buy a van. But now I am glad I did. After 10 months it has been a good experience. I was also wondering about the cylinder shutdown feature but never notice it; it's so smooth. Mileage on a half city; half hwy was 21MPG when checked. Haven't really found any thing I don't like. Everyone that has driven or rode in it is impressed.

Overall I'd say the fact that it drives like a car. Very quiet and very comfortable. A really nice vehicle on a trip.

I would say a stored full size spare as I hate the mini spares.

2008 Odyssey EX-L
By Doca

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got a screaming deal on the Odyssey EX- L 2008 for only $26,388. I have to admit that I was not that excited when my wife wanted to get a van but now I am a convert. Roomy, functional, and surprisingly agile, which is the reason why I picked the Odyssey over the Sienna. Nice fit and finish, power delivery is smooth across the range (no kick down , comfortable ride even in the third row!! My only beef with it is that the gas mileage stinks in city driving. No other issue so far after over 9000 miles. Improve the gas mileage rating and it's a true winner. Very happy with purchase.

Functionality, fit and finish, smooth engine and ride, value.

Better gas mileage needed!!!!