Used 2008 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

O8 Odyssey Touring
By jojobird

2008 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle is average with utility in mind. This could be an excellent basic transportation were it not for tire and drivetrain vibration, road noise and Honda's denial and refusal to fix problems. This is not a luxury vehicle even though it is priced as one. Not refined, just good basic transportation. There are better choices.

Favorite Features

space,Nav and bumper sensors.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality leather and more selections on power seats. Better dash materials and sound insulations for quieter interior.

Satisfied...
By Ben

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Since we needed more space, I traded our Acura RDX and it was well worth it. The RDX was fun but it lacked cargo space and ran only on premium gas which was expensive. I chose the Odyssey because it is rated overall the top mini van in its class. Its able to hold a baby seat, infant seat, two strollers, guitar, etc. The seats are very comfortable. Driving feels like you're riding on air.

Favorite Features

Navigation, DVD, VCM, folding back row seats, climate control (front and back rows), window shades for the middle row, power sliding doors, temperature gauge, 6 CD changer, multiple cup holders,

Suggested Improvements

AWD switch

first year review
By MK

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First let me start of by saying that I am a huge car guy. Overall the odyssey is a nice minivan. It is a nice ride for a longer road trip or hauling people around, probably the best minivan out there right now, not that there is a very large selection available. On the down side it is far from perfect. First of when you get a car that is $40000+ you should expect better interior materials, especially on the dash. It's all hard plastic, kinda like the pre- 2007 GM's. I have owned infinities before in the same price range and the dashes were much more luxurious. Secondly the seats other then the driver side are not exactly comfortable. The backs stick out to much. The outside mirrors stink

Favorite Features

The simplicity of the navigation, storage

Suggested Improvements

When you fold the outside mirror it gets back to its default setting. The A/C system is just not powerful enough takes forever to cool down. Where are the auto lights, come on my 2000 LS Astro has auto lights. Improve the seat comfort and upgrade the interior materials. Sound systems sounds hollow.

Happy so far
By Leon

2008 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/PAX (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We drove it from Augusta, Ga. with 14,000 mi. It was smooth and comfortable but so was my 2000 Dodge Minivan with 154,375 mi. Too many toys on the Touring model. Fun to drive: It's a Minivan, how much fun is it driving a Minivan, it's not a sports car.

Favorite Features

Love the back-up camera and Gps. Great ride, easy handling. So far so good will let you know after the winter driving.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the PAX Tires- Improve the gas mileage, got 28 mpg. If you got 40 mpg like the Toyota Venza would be great and you sell more vehicles.

Won't buy another Honda!!!
By js114

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this brand new and at first I did not want a minivan, but I've found I like the convenience of it. Now I absolutely can't stand it, the passenger side door rattles. At first it sounded like a marble. They took the door apart and wrapped everything, it was gone for a few months, now it's a new rattle and now the other door has started. It's bad when your 4 year old says, "mommy my door is rattling again." You can't even turn up the radio to drown it out. It's only a year old and I want to get rid of it. I wish I never got rid of my 4Runner. Dealer says he's never heard of this problem. After reading the reviews, it sounds very common.

Favorite Features

DVD, Navigation, backup camera

Suggested Improvements

Rattles...fix the doors.