2008 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews 7

2008 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
1200 miles on it.
By ICDAvi on 10/01/08 12:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very comfortable for both commuting and hauling the family. Annoyed by all the door safety interlocks, but getting used to them. Fit and finish is average. The dash looks like it was slapped together with some of the lines and edges not matching up. The passenger air bag trim is slightly lifted causing a gap between it and the dash. So far I am happy with it. Got 24.3 mpg with 95% highway and 21.5 mpg with 75% highway (AC always on). Looks like the mpg is getting better as the engine breaks in and the computer better controls the VCM.

Overall Good Choice
By Kurt on 09/29/08 19:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased 3 days ago. Love it, however, noticed that the driver's side power door will close, then beep 3 times, then open. It does not do this all the time. Noticed a little wind on the driver's side door with the radio off. With everything, I am pleased with the choice with Honda.

Not sure about this car
By Phred on 09/29/08 17:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the van for about a month and have driven 3K miles on a trip. On the positive side the van is nice to drive, looks good and has power. On the negative side the road noise is excessive. When passing a truck you can hardly hear anyone else in the car. The noise from bumps in the road is also very loud. Automatic shifting is rough. The front seats are not very comfortable compared to my 2005 Dodge van. The radio sound is very good but it has the poorest station range of any car I've owned in the last 20 years. The little mirror on the sun glasses holder is useless. It needs a compass. At this point I'm not too thrilled about this purchase.

Love this van! Our 2nd one!
By dmaxwellh on 09/28/08 18:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Odyssey is fantastic. We put 50,000 miles on our '06 without any problems. We just traded it in on an '08 Touring. Paid 33186 which is 3700 below invoice. Very happy with this deal. The older one was an EX-L with Nav and DVD. The addition of movable pedals, Bluetooth, memory seats, and power rear liftgate are nice. The fog lights are a nice addition, too. This is an excellent vehicle and drives very nicely; the Sienna was just too soft a ride.

Satisfied customer
By Ben from KC on 09/22/08 23:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Because my wife and I are planning to have more kids, I traded my 08 Acura RDX for the 08 Odyssey EX-L DVD/NAV. It was worth it mainly because of the space, comfort, and reliability of the Honda engine.

Gas Mileage: The Final Word!
By Apollo08 on 09/21/08 22:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Iím an engineer and have been interested in and working on cars for years. Iíve been reading these user reviews and have been amazed at how many people claim low gas mileage. From these reviews it would appear that the Ody is a real gas pig. This however, is not the case. My Ody gets about 17-18 mpg S. Cal city driving (stop lights every 200- 500 yards). If I can get this and your getting 12 then one or more of the following apply: *low tire pressure (<28) *driving habits (ultra-short 1-5 mile trips-engine not reach operating temp) *load / number of passengers (6+ passengers) *can't properly calc mpg (many donít do it right) bottom line: engine variation is negligible. It's the operator

'Tis good
By Daniel Guidos on 09/21/08 17:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The interior lacks in luxury but it makes it up with practicality. The stereo is limited (LX) only one CD but it sounds great. The displays are clear. The sitting height is nice. At my frame of 6'3" it's comfortable. My teenage son thought it handled a lot like a car.

overall good trade
By rob on 09/17/08 18:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

traded 2005 sienna xle due to uncomfortable seats. Once Honda offered $5400 went for it. Comfortable seats, good power, easy controls. I like the dvd controls and insert in front with young kids. got 27 mpg on 500 mile hwy trip at 68 mph with air on. Though around town stop and go 16.5 mpg. wish that was better. with 3500 miles noticed wind noise in around pass front window above 65 mph. dealer seen before change out blk plastic trim piece, poor design. One blemish in paint from factory but living with it. Scary to hear issues with rattles, brakes, tranny etc. guess when you sell 125k vans some might have issues. Miss my easy to clean 17 wheels and power lift gate. Though Touring over price

Second One
By KrisB on 09/10/08 07:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, a great van. I had a 2005 Touring, which performed excellently in a roll over - not a scratch or bruise on me. That was reason enough to get a second. This time we opted for the EX-L w/ R&N. There are a few things I miss, like the memory seats (I'm 6'1", my wife 5'2"), auto headlights, rear sensors and the rear power door, some of which should be standard. We compared the new Chrysler van (a relative has comparable one), and they are by far more feature intensive at the same price, but they just didn't have the same level of comfort and the gas mileage isn't as good. Would like to see some of the options at a lesser cost, like Bluetooth. $800 - a joke!

Like it so far (10k miles)
By geppetto2008 on 09/02/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Smooth driving experience with good pick-up when I need it. I had a v-8 Ford Explorer beforehand, and the Honda has as much acceleration at the Explorer. The brakes are fantastic, highly responsive, excellent stopping distance. We settled for the EX model because for the features in the EX-L, we couldn't justify the price. I don't understand the other comments re: road noise--our van is by far one of the quietest vehicles I've ever driven. Gas mileage isn't too bad--we consistently get 24 highway--but city suffers a bit at 17 mpg on average. We added our own DVD player and screen for a fraction of what it would have cost at the dealership---a little hassle, but saved us nearly $1500!