2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Love this Van!!
By 08EXL on 12/15/08 08:59 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned 4 Hondas, including this one (3k so far). This is by far my favorite one! I love the styling, features, road feel, comfort, and just about everything. It's true that sometimes wind noise is a little loud on the highway, but it will not keep you from having a conversation with the other passengers. The Rear Ent. Sys is a definite must-have, whether you have children or not. Also, I have no idea what it must be like to drive this van without a rear-view camera. This van just feels solid, safe, and reliable!

Top MiniVan Hands Down!
By Tom Ryan on 11/29/08 14:48 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my EX-L for about 5 months now and I must say that it is hands down the most comfortable, quality, smooth vehicle I've ever owned and I've owned at least 12 new vehicles from many manufacturers. I'm averaging 22.6 MPG on combined city/hwy which isn't bad for the weight. All things considered I bought an excellent van and did so over a Tahoe, Expedition and other many mini vans. For the money you can not beat it.

The Best Van You Can Get
By KenIL on 11/17/08 17:52 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2000 Odyssey in for a 2008 EX-L and it's great. I test drove 2 of them to watch for things I found in other reviews (rattles, bad brakes, poor shifting, pulling to right, etc.) and the van is great. I drove the car over multiple rough RR crossings and it's as solid and quiet as you can get. The ride is nice & solid and everything looks and works exactly as it should. They made some nice improvements including better mileage with more horsepower. Nice work Honda.

Happy owner
By alex on 10/30/08 11:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently traded an 06 Pilot for the 08 Odyssey EX-L, and I am very happy with my choice. The Pilot is probably one of the best mid-size SUV around, but with a growing family I wanted the versatility of a mini-van. I did a lot of research and I found that the Odyssey was the best bet for reliability. I find it to be very comfortable too, and the exterior styling beats the Sienna any day of the week.

Laminate the Windows!
By familyman on 10/25/08 14:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's a nice van and gets decent mileage. Ride is a bit harsh and road and wind noise prevalent. Needs better insulation and laminate windows like the Buick Enclave and Chrysler Aspen, really does make a difference!

Nice but some wind noise and rattles
By delmartian on 10/25/08 14:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Compared Enclave, Sienna and Odyssey. Enclave was very nice in ride, handling and quietness. The Honda had a nicer price with the rebate. It's a good people mover and the navigation system is very nice. The rear entrainment system is very nice but not intuitive really need to read the instruction manual. Using 0-20w Mobil One and averaging 18.7 around town with up to 30 mpg on the highway.

Honest Review
By HondaLoyalist on 10/10/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our sixth Honda, and third Honda minivan. The 2008 van is impressive in every way but one. The brakes are - (and I am not stretching the truth here) - the brakes are the worst brakes I've ever had on any vehicle be it car, van, truck, or bicycle! Took it back to the dealer and was told this was normal? Now if it were a faulty cup holder or other trivial item, I would have some tolerance, however I am almost afraid to drive this vehicle. It seems the vehicle quality from the Georgia factory is way below par for the Honda that I know (My 2002 van was built there too and had a huge list of problems).

Miss My Suburban!
By Shelly on 10/10/08 11:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

While my husband recently came home bearing gifts. He left with my Suburban and came home with a Odyssey. I was expecting to notice a huge increase in gas mileage. Only about 18 in the city w/air. Not at all pleased with the quality of the interior it barely gets touched by something and scratches horribly! Some pieces are not put together well and they don't match up. The carpet seems to stain really easy and not the best of quality. Seems to change gears at times a bit rough when slowing down quickly. STILL cannot figure out the concept or design with the middle seat belt. TOTALLY useless! The space is so little for a small child but then the seatbelt cuts them across the throat!

Breat Van ISO Better Breaks
By k9chita on 10/06/08 10:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Honda Odyssey EX-L is a great buy. I love the DVD, CD Changer, Wireless Head Phones, Heated Leather Seats, etc. The only thing i would add to this impressive vehicle in better stopping power. The breaks are adequate at best.

1200 miles on it.
By ICDAvi on 10/01/08 12:41 PM (PDT)

Very comfortable for both commuting and hauling the family. Annoyed by all the door safety interlocks, but getting used to them. Fit and finish is average. The dash looks like it was slapped together with some of the lines and edges not matching up. The passenger air bag trim is slightly lifted causing a gap between it and the dash. So far I am happy with it. Got 24.3 mpg with 95% highway and 21.5 mpg with 75% highway (AC always on). Looks like the mpg is getting better as the engine breaks in and the computer better controls the VCM.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.