2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Great Engine/Questionable Build Quality
By BMerbler on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Odyssey has been a great vehicle for our kids. We traded a 2004 Honda Pilot for the van. The shift has made it much more convenient to travel with the kids. The engine runs smooth and provides ample acceleration in the context of family vehicles. The quality overall is less impressive. Our van has just over 48k on it and has a several issues. First, it is already in need of CV joints for the front right and left sides ($600- $700), the leather on the drivers seat arm has already worn a hole (my wife is only 118 lbs-should be easy wear), housing cover on the roof for my satellite radio blew off exposing wires, rear tail light already burned out.

so sad
By sad on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely would have recommended this van to anyone until about 6 months ago at 27K miles. The van developed a vibration which got worse @60+ mph. I'm afraid to drive great distances now for fear that its going to fall apart. I've taken it back for the 3rd time to "fix" the problem. They've (1) reset computer, (2) machined all 4 rotors, and lastly (3) road forced balance - none of these supposed "fixes" have fixed the road vibration i experience daily, it maybe even worse. I hate my van and am extremely frustrated with the lack of actual service for the problem at hand. I won't buy another one.

So far so good
By Nala_Bay Area on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/PAX (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just changed 4 PAX tires after 53,200 miles. Everyone was surprised that it was the first set of tires after the original. It is expensive (about $1,300 for the whole job), but we thought safety is priceless knowing that we won't loss control of the van with a bad tire. We love this van and drive it every day (long daily commute and weekend leisure).

Need to discover noise
By LEONA WILLIAMS on 08/06/10 21:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The van has been making a popping and clicking noise in the front took it to the dealer several times the techs can not figure the problem. Right now the problem still exist problem can't be found, car is still under warranty. I received a rental and they called me back stating that the car was fixed, when driving of in the vehicle the noise still exist can someone please give me some legal advice. Thought when I got a Honda, I thought I was getting the best now I feel like I got a piece of junk. Should have gotten a Chevy. I am very disappointed

Excellent so far
By RHB in PA on 07/31/10 10:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2008 EX-L. Very good long-distance hauler, love the comfort of the Honda seating. Tiny turning radius for such a big vehicle. Handling, acceleration, ride are very good. Only complaint is the lousy original tires, Michelins that we're replacing next weekend after only 25,000 miles.

Say it isn't so
By corey on 06/22/10 11:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned several Honda's. I am most worried about this vehicle.We love the comfort of the van, but have not enjoyed taking it for service appointments. If you have not had them put a new torque converter in, demand they do so. The new software package does not do the trick. I can tell you that we will not be keeping this van past the 60,000 mile mark. It will be one that will run out of warranty and blow up on your trip to Disney World. Run from this model. Hope they will solve the problems in future models. I was hoping to have the same experience that my friends have had with their vans. All of them have 200,000+ on theirs and are still running them. Save and buy an earlier model

The Van to have!
By Tom Ryan on 05/16/10 12:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you have to own a van hands down this is the van you want. Let's face it. It is a Honda! Bought our EX-L new in 2008 about 2500 under invoice. Extremely reliable, fun, looks great feels great. We only have 1 child (9) but love to travel to Florida and elsewhere. Plenty of room and I can easily get 27mpg cruising 75mph on the interstate. Headlights are phenomenal, design is great. I'm looking for a 2010 right now. I catch a lot of crap from friends for "driving a minivan" but this is a sweet ride and great resale.

Disapointed
By NM467 on 05/15/10 17:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this because my 2004 was a great van. The interior design is truly great, easy to live in and great for the family. The disappointment comes from the brakes(soft), transmission shutter, power locks that have a mind of their own and squeaks in the interior. The road noise is bad also and that was supposedly improved. The squeak not yet fixed, transmission reprogrammed not fixed and the locks can't be replicated when at the dealer. I have also had the drivers seat cushion replaced because of cracked leather this from a Honda with less than 17,000 miles on it. I bought this van to drive for the next ten years and at this rate I doubt It will make it to be paid off. Honda's rep is damaged!

38,000 miles
By Bill Whitlock on 04/22/10 23:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Really enjoy this van. It drives good, it is easy to get in and out of for all seats. Forward and side vision is very good, rear vision is good. Radio and cd is very good. Good engine power. Engine sounds good when driven hard. Gas mileage is 20 to 25 mph on open road. Plenty of power. Real good head lights. Seats are comfortable when driven 700 miles per day. Styling inside and out is real good.

New to Honda
By Brian on 03/14/10 18:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Honda we had purchased. We had GM mini vans before this one. Last GM mini was not a good van. We have owned this van since Feb. 2008 and put lots of mileage on it. Last summer we had 3 adults and 3 children with a roof top carrier and still averaged 25 mpg driving at 70 mph. We added the rear sensors and it helps to park the van. The camera helps as well. Good features. Only problem I have is the passenger window rattles and wind noise when going 55+. Very good vehicle over all.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.