2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Fantastic
By cxa on 01/07/08 09:41 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have this for now almost 2 months. No problem so far. Handles well, feels very solid and stable. I am driving it like a car. Front chrome grill is little loose at corner. Dealer service agent promised to take it to body shop to get it inspected at my service visit. Seems to be a loose snap. Mileage so far is not great. In city, only around 15.5 mpg. No long hwy driving so far. Love rearview camera integrated to rear-view mirror. I think it is better than having camera view in dash. You don't have to take your eyes off mirror.

Odyssey for us
By ftx42 on 01/06/08 20:08 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our third Odyssey. We bought the first one to accomodate our grand kids and liked it as an all around vehicle for passengers/cargo. Very comfortable especially on road trips. Averaging around 19 MPG and 23 MPG on the highway.

My 2008 Odyssey Touring
By TC on 01/02/08 20:35 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 4th Honda and our 2nd Odyssey and every generation gets better. The van is fun to drive. I love the car-like handling and responsiveness. It has plenty of power for pickup. There is ample of room for 6 adults. Middle 2nd and 3rd row seats are sized for kids only. I have had my new 2008 Odyssey for 2 months now and it has developed one problem. The right sliding door's opened window safety feature which keeps the door from sliding all the way became engaged even when the window is closed which is keeping the door from opening all the way. I'll be taking it to the dealer for repair. The mileage is close to 13 in the city and 20 on the hwy; less than what the window sticker states.

Odyssey is a great car
By 740drvr on 01/02/08 19:31 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have two you school age children and carpool with two more. Our 2002 E320 wagon has been a great vehicle, but we need two 7 passenger cars. After driving the CX9, Acadia, and Enclave we looked at an Odyssey. While minivans may not be "cool" there was simply no comparison in the way the Odyssey functioned compared to the others. Our new Odyssey drives smoothly, rides without wallowing, gets good MPG, has a tight turning circle and more traveling comfort than anything on the market.

Incredible Car
By Scottque on 12/21/07 16:27 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/PAX (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a 2008 Touring the week before Thanksgiving. Needless to say we never expected to be thrilled with any minivan, but this is an amazingly well-designed, very sophisticated vehicle. It handles, turns, and rides like a much smaller car, and the interior room, technology, design and versatility are wonderful. The car is simply loaded, and has so many features (bluetooth, voice recognition, navigation, backup camera, DVD) that were not included/available on our more- expensive XC90. Terrific car that us hard to find fault with.

Honda Does It Again
By Daddypo on 12/13/07 08:07 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle. I was impressed with the comfort and upscale feel of this van. Traded in a 2000 Dodge van, and the difference was amazing. I did not notice any problem with road noise, which is a common complaint against Honda per the magazine reviews. This van has plenty of power, comfortable ride, and good gas mileage (for a van at least). Total package.

Great Vehicle so Far!
By Beebow on 12/12/07 22:03 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first Honda and we are loving it.

Best minivan in the market by far
By JUSTIN BRIGGS on 12/11/07 16:39 PM (PST)

I've put apx 8,000 miles on my ODY and not a single complant. It has plenty of power on demand and goes on ECO mode when cruising. DVD player is a must have on those longer trip for the kids. Quality is suprior in it's class. I will buy another ODY, No questions ask. Hondas will always be the top contender in it's class, just read consumer reports. Never a let down year.

2008 Odyssey Touring
By Ted on 12/09/07 10:04 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my old 2001 Odyssey EX w/NAV for a 2008 Odyssey Touring w/o PAX. It's been about month since I purchased it and everybody loves it. The $3,000. discount off of MSRP from the dealer was a big incentive. In terms of quality, comfort, fun to drive, handling, and entertainment features, it's been great for my wife and our kids. For such a complex vehicle with all of its gadgets, there has not been one defect so far; not even a rattle or squeak. The only negative I have seen so far is the mileage is not all that good. My average mpg is around 14. My old 2001 Odyssey had better average mpg at 18.

2008 Odyssey Touring (NO PAX)
By Scott on 12/06/07 08:59 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, it's a great car. Already over 1000 miles on it. Works like a champ and drives great. Be sure to buy it without PAX/Runflats. We waited for '08 so we could get normal all season radials. Went through Costco buying program, cost $37,500 (500 over invoice)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.