2008 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Best in Class Ultimate Family Vehicle
By Ken & Mary on 02/21/08 16:54 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Honda contiues to impress me. I have been a Honda fan all of my life. From my first mini-bike as a kid to our most recent Odyssey purchase. I checked out the Toyotas, but the Honda can't be beat in styling or ride quality. The 4 wheel independant suspension makes our Odyssey drive like our Accord. The ride extremly quiet, vitually no engine or road noise. My wife and I love listening to XM radio while the kids watch DVDs with the wireless headphones. I know some folks are stuck on their SUV image, but nothing can beat the value or functionality the Odyssey delivers to perfection. Go Honda.

Very disappointed!!!!!
By T Ruddle on 02/19/08 18:29 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had back to dealer multiple times for various problems. The rear power hatch stopped working - needed new motor. The transmission clunks into gear - had lever/linkage adjusted but still doing it. Radio reception is terrible and overall it's a noisy ride at highway speeds. Anyone getting 20 mpg must be coasting downhill with engine off....best so far in 5000 miles is about 17mpg!!! Would I buy again - never!

Great for family of 6
By MJ&4As on 02/19/08 18:18 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We had a 2006 and recently upgraded to the 2008 and like the first, we love this van. Rear entertainment is top notch, it handles like a dream and the safety features sell themselves. I'd have another if I could afford it!

Excited about a minivan
By jeff on 02/01/08 19:39 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What is not to love. We have 4 kids and our only options at this point are suburbans or Minivans. We looked at Chrysler T&C, Toyota and Honda... Honda was a no brainer! It has plenty of horsepower with our whole family and a incredibly smooth ride. For the family who needs a "touring" vehicle with all the bells and whistles this is the car. The sound system is excellent ( I have 2 teenagers and it is very important). it is also important to have teenagers to show you how to use the nav system.

Good Fuel Economy
By Steve R on 01/29/08 12:28 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have driven the vehicle for 635 miles so far and averaged 24.2 highway and 18.3 around town. Pretty darn good for such a large vehicle. Very tight vehicle, comfortable, and handles well in snow.

Almost Perfect
By wowaddict on 01/26/08 20:00 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Dont judge it by my 9s to most people this car is a 10. I just think you can improve on everything. Great van. It runs great, is extremely comfortable. The fuel economy is good but not great. I did find the highway mileage impressive. I got 29 mpg average with luggage and 3 adults and 2 babies. City is around 20 mpg, still pretty good for its size. Try that in a regular suv. It's a van so performance and fun to drive not what you expect in a van but it's a great ride. Everything else interior, exterior, quality, and reliability is summed up in 1 word Honda. I would purchase the extended warranty though only because lots of bells and whistles that can break.

2008 Ody is more solid than 2005 Ody
By Larry on 01/18/08 07:55 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in our 05 EXL RES with 47,700 miles on a 08 EXL R&N and the difference is amazing. The ride has improved, the sound dampening has improved, and the fit and finish is better. The floor mats aren't as thick, have less thread count, and they aren't engraved with Odyssey on them. The back of the 3rd row seats are now carpet instead of leather. I like the telescoping steering wheel a lot better and now it's more ergonomically comfortable to drive. Even my wife can tell a drastic improvement between the two vehicles. We never thought we'd like driving or even owning a mini-van, but now we can't live without it. Convenience, room, better gas milage than SUV's, and comfort done well

2008 Odyssey LX
By 2008 Odyssey LX on 01/08/08 20:53 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Before buying the Honda, I extensively test drove every 2007 and 2008 minivan currently available on the market. I've only put about 1,000 miles on this van so far, but I am extremely impressed with every aspect of this people hauler. The LX came with everything that I wanted and nothing I didn't. We owned an '05 Accord for a few years and I think the Odyssey handles like an oversized Accord with a better view of the road. Around town mpg is right at 20 so far - no trips yet. I think this is the best van on the market for the money (paid $23,500 plus tax and license). I am rating this against recently test driven and previously owned mini vans, not all vehicles in general. Hope this helps.

Fantastic
By cxa on 01/07/08 09:41 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have this for now almost 2 months. No problem so far. Handles well, feels very solid and stable. I am driving it like a car. Front chrome grill is little loose at corner. Dealer service agent promised to take it to body shop to get it inspected at my service visit. Seems to be a loose snap. Mileage so far is not great. In city, only around 15.5 mpg. No long hwy driving so far. Love rearview camera integrated to rear-view mirror. I think it is better than having camera view in dash. You don't have to take your eyes off mirror.

Odyssey for us
By ftx42 on 01/06/08 20:08 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our third Odyssey. We bought the first one to accomodate our grand kids and liked it as an all around vehicle for passengers/cargo. Very comfortable especially on road trips. Averaging around 19 MPG and 23 MPG on the highway.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Honda Odyssey in WA is:

$143 per month*