2008 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Best Minivan in its Class
By KIDDADA on 04/21/08 15:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove all the minivans and Honda Odyssey was the best in its class. It drives like an Accord and handles pretty good. My wife loves this car and she can’t wait to go out of town. The dealer gave me $7000 off the MSRP which was a bargain. They’re giving out good deals and its affordable than a big SUV. You want a reliable car for a big family, Honda Odyssey is the van to buy,

2007 EX-L
By Airbum on 04/14/08 19:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great space and good highway fuel mileage. Handles well for a large van/car. Don't really like the 6 disc cd changer and would like a factory ipod adapter. Overall this van won my spouse over from the Pilot with flying colors

Nice Vehicle
By Nice Vehicle on 04/14/08 17:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove Acadia/Enclave/Outlook, Toyota Sienna, Chrysler Aspen and Chevy Tahoe. All were very nice and gas mileage better on Sienna. Deciding factor was better rebate. Family loves it and that was bottom line.

Best van ever!
By Tiffany on 04/11/08 08:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the Odyssey, it's by far the best van in the market which it's proven. I love the DVD system, and I get great gas mileage. I had a great experience, I drove both Odyssey and Sienna before making my decision and I am glad I went with the Odyssey, it's interior is higher quality and better laid out. I like the standard safety and luxury features. A great ride, over all I am very very happy!

"08 Honda Odyssey
By atkins92 on 04/03/08 12:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased with this vehicle. It performs excellent on the highway and in the city with nimble handling for a large van and excellent acceleration when needed. The seats in every row are very comfortable and the front heated ones are nice for the cold Canadian days in the winter/spring/fall.

Great Minivan
By shoop05 on 04/02/08 12:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Honda makes a great minivan that is powerful, comfortable, stylish and reliable. This vehicle has a very tight fit and finish, very low road noise and great creature comforts. The interior of the van has all the features that make it feel like a luxury car and the exterior is sharp looking. Overall the van outperforms it competition.

Where is the Honda Quality?
By fiend_bear on 03/31/08 01:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We thought the car was great when test driving, but after putting 1,500 miles on it, we are already looking to replace this Odyssey. Too many problems have surfaced and leave us wondering where is the Honda quality? Already serviced for steering spline noise issue and wheel alignment (neither issue corrected completely). Engine knock/ping at low rpms (premium gas does not help), front window rattle, mysterious transmission noise when shifting into drive, and one of the most uncomfortable driver's seats for long trips. This replaced a 2000 Dodge Caravan with perfect initial build quality, but unfortunately recently totaled by another car.

'08 better than '05 with some exceptions
By briann on 03/30/08 16:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just turned my '05 ody in for the '08 EX-L RES. Overall, some nice improvements (back up monitor, tighter fit/finish on dash, minor exterior tweaks). The big let-down is that the 2nd row jump seat no longer stows in the floor compartment. BAD BAD move Honda: that was incredibly useful; now, you have to either leave it in (hard to access the third row), or leave it at home or in the back compartment. Whose bright idea was that at Honda?? Still a great van.

Sweet Ride
By Walpole on 03/28/08 15:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I picked up this bad boy for $22,595 after holding them to their teaser ad. I simply would not let them bait and switch me. The deal got done, and I am very happy. I have only had the van for two weeks but the gas mileage seems rough. 13 miles/gallon. Just like a recent review, the van does not seem to want to coast. It seems like it wants to brake. It may be part of the VSA system... Anyway the rest of the car is the best car ever!!!!

Happy but mpg terrible
By Wisconsin Owner on 03/18/08 10:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far we've put 2K miles on the van and are very happy with our purchase. The van interior is fantastic with very nice leather and dvd system. It drives more like a sports car/van rather than a floaty minivan. Overall we are very happy except for the fact that it has been getting between 12 and 14 mpg in the city and 17 on the highway. Both my wife and I drive very conservatively and even more so with the gas mileage. Mpg has improved some but we're no way close to the 25 hwy. If it does not improve we will be taking it in for service. Also, transmission does not allow van to coast and slows speed at 40 mph and under.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.