2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
First Mini Van
By DP on 05/15/08 16:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I think this van is great. I always told myself that I would never get a minivan, but with kids it's a must. I think its the best looking minivan on the market, both inside and out. So far I haven't had any of the problems that some have complained about like excessive road noise or squeaking. This van has tons of room and the backup camera is awesome. It drives just like my accord which makes driving it much easier for my wife. Out of all the vans I researched, this had the highest rating and now I see why.

Not what I hoped for UPDATE
By Hammock246 on 05/14/08 11:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

One more trip Illinois to FL and back on business and have to say I don't think this van will be with me for a year. Passenger side door sounds like it's falling off on bumpy roads. Creaks & groans from front end all the time. Rear hatch does not always respond to keyless input to open. Now 6400 miles and will need 1st service soon. Brought in to dealer at 3500 miles but they said not to service until 15% on meter. Told them about the rattles and the guy said "well, it's a van." Yeah, but at $40,450 I hoped for better.

Engine or Transmission
By Thai Vuong on 05/13/08 05:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had this vehicle for two weeks, the bargain price $7,000 below MSRP. I agree with other's reviews on the features. However, Up-shift and down-shift in the city (30-40 mph) is rough, test drive your vehicle on rush hour you can feel car slows down quickly without step on the brake, or slowly accelerate on gas pedal.

3rd Honda, 1st minivan
By chars79 on 05/12/08 09:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We had debated a mini van for a long time. We purchased a 2006 Civic Hybrid prior to starting foster care...that didn't last long. Shopped around and looked at mini vans from Honda, Toyota, and Kia as well as numerous SUVs and crossovers. Decided on a Used Honda Pilot that was a great vehicle but had some odd problems leading up to a bad climate control system that would have been a pain to fix so the dealership returned our money and we were on the verge of just going up to an 2008 Pilot when we stumbled back into the Odyssey on the showroom. Needless to say, we took it out again and were sold. Not sure why I waited so long! Great ride, lots of room, and great style...

Best Van Available
By ROB136451 on 05/08/08 06:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the Odyssey, it's by far the best van currently available on the market. The RES is great, the gas mileage is good. Odyssey has roomy interior of high quality and excellent laid out. The standard safety features including the rear camera are the best available. A great ride, over all.

Our First Van
By joesp8 on 05/03/08 02:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love our first new van EXL with DVD. The interior was very well designed, very spacious, and very comfortable and room. Not so crazy about the gas mileage but still better than our old SUV.

Odyssey #3
By Tags on 04/28/08 13:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just took delivery of our 3rd Odyssey and couldn't be happier. The ride is carlike, the power wonderful. We had gotten 27 mpg highway is our last Odyssey and so far this one looks to be no different. Was looking at the Pilot and as nice as it was the Odyssey was just a better value.

Not what I hoped for
By Hammock246 on 04/27/08 16:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/PAX (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought in FL and a trip to Illinois has this thing squeaking in the front end like it's falling apart on semi rough roads (most of Illinois). Very hard ride on economy minded tires. Handles very good and comfortable to drive on our 1,200 mile jaunt here. Gas mileage OK at first but now very good at 26.2 mpg for the trip average. A bit noisier then Toyota or Nissan vans I've had but acceptable. Everything works as advertised if one can read the manual. Lots of toys on this thing. Lots of room and main thing is wife likes it. Easy to get in and out of.

2008 EX-L w. DVD
By Johnohio on 04/25/08 07:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased it at a reasonable price ($2400 below invoice found in Yahoo and Edmunds, primarily because of the $2300 incentive Honda provided to dealers). Traded in my 2001 Civic. I have no doubt that this is a fabulous vehicle. Drives like Camry, even my wife who scared of driving any vehicle bigger than her Camry can handle it easily. Most amazing is the gas mileage. Before 1000 miles, it is 19.75 miles/gallon (50% highway + 50% local); After 1000 miles, it is improved to 21.75 and then 22.3.

Great minivan for a family
By Shero on 04/23/08 15:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first minivan, and we absolutely love it!! We looked at every Crossover on the market, Sienna and Quest, and this was by far the best value for the money. Seats 8 comfortably (3 kids in the back, 1 in a car seat) and 3 adults in the 2nd row. It was a little tight for the adults, but not uncomfortable. Mileage isn't bad for the category & better than SUVs. The rear seats easily fold flat, although removing the 2nd row seats takes a little getting used to. We love the built in window shades for the kids!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.