Used 2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Great van
By honda

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned for 5K miles and 8 months. Great van, no real issues. Drives and handles like a car. Much nicer to drive than our Dodge Grand Caravan and handles nicer than a Sienna. Road noise is a little more pronounced than in other vans, but not bad at all. Had DVD player installed aftermarket for 1/2 the price. Mileage is as advertised, 20 around town, 24 highway, and we're very light on the pedal

Heated seats are great in the winter, rear view camera, remote sliding doors are very handy with the kids.

Interior lights do not turn off automatically after say 10 minutes like on many other vehicles. If you leave a light switch on or don't shut a door tightly, you'll have a dead battery. We've had it happen 3 times now.

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
By Roger in PA

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced a 7-year-old Sienna (118K miles). Very happy with the Odyssey so far (6 weeks). Roomy, comfortable, good ergonomics. Passed up DVD and Navi due to out-of-line pricing--given how these have plummeted in price as aftermarket add-ons.

Ergonomics. XM. Handling. Ride. Interior space/flexibility.

Floor mats have old fashioned metal snaps to hold them down... not terribly effective (or difficult to snap).

Love this Van!!
By 08EXL

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned 4 Hondas, including this one (3k so far). This is by far my favorite one! I love the styling, features, road feel, comfort, and just about everything. It's true that sometimes wind noise is a little loud on the highway, but it will not keep you from having a conversation with the other passengers. The Rear Ent. Sys is a definite must-have, whether you have children or not. Also, I have no idea what it must be like to drive this van without a rear-view camera. This van just feels solid, safe, and reliable!

VCM (helps with gas mileage), DVD, rear-view camera, air bags all-around, comfort, convenience, features, styling (except wheels, see below).

Wheels on the previous models were better-looking, in my opinion. Better sound-proofing (some wind noise is noticeable). Brakes can be a little tighter (less travel). Some trim pieces may seem loose, but that's just aesthetics to me.

Top MiniVan Hands Down!
By Tom Ryan

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my EX-L for about 5 months now and I must say that it is hands down the most comfortable, quality, smooth vehicle I've ever owned and I've owned at least 12 new vehicles from many manufacturers. I'm averaging 22.6 MPG on combined city/hwy which isn't bad for the weight. All things considered I bought an excellent van and did so over a Tahoe, Expedition and other many mini vans. For the money you can not beat it.

Leather, fit and feel of the steering wheel. Shifter is actually in a nice position. Dash lights are nice, heated seats a benny. Lots of cupholders

Put fog lights on all models.

The Best Van You Can Get
By KenIL

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2000 Odyssey in for a 2008 EX-L and it's great. I test drove 2 of them to watch for things I found in other reviews (rattles, bad brakes, poor shifting, pulling to right, etc.) and the van is great. I drove the car over multiple rough RR crossings and it's as solid and quiet as you can get. The ride is nice & solid and everything looks and works exactly as it should. They made some nice improvements including better mileage with more horsepower. Nice work Honda.

Sunroof, XM, backup camera, iPod port, leather interior, triple climate control, interior configurations, deep & spacious trunk, middle seat windows that lower (new to us, 2000 model did not do this), multiple glove compartments, two 12-volt power ports, replacement of the spare in rear of car.

I think $4k for the nav & DVD system is a bit steep, plus no dealers in our area had any. I figure that with 10% of that I could get a portable nav system and portable DVD player and come out ahead. Would have been nice if the front cut-out for the fog lamps actually had fog lamps!