Used 2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Great Minivan
By RV

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda experience. A very reliable well built car. Has many features but always wondered why they couldn't have a back-up sensor (versus a camera) or a windshield wiper fluid sensor, common features on American made vehicles. One of the few minivans still in production. My biggest complaint in the navigation system, which was outdated the minute I drove it off the floor. The system also tells you that you have arrived at your destination when you are still at least a block away. You can't get the back up camera without buying the navigation system. I carry a plug in portable system for navigation.

Audio system. Reliability. Handling.

Provide an easy and inexpensive to update navigation system rather than the current outdated system.

Wish I had leased another Sienna
By Todd

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Lease was up on my 05 Sienna, so I leased an 08 Odyssey, due to the better lease rate and better exterior styling. Wow do I miss my Sienna after 4 months. The Honda feels so cheap in every way. Fit and finish is TERRIBLE. Several paint flaws, poor fit of exterior trim, horrible fit of interior trim and interior surfaces which feel cheap and scratch ridiculously easily. Brakes are downright scary, they are so soft. Stereo is the worst I have heard since the AM in my old 66 VW. Rough ride, excessive wind noise and an amazing number of rattles round out the package. Hopefully this thing at least turns out to be reliable.

Exterior styling and comfortable seats... that's about it.

Improve build quality and fit and finish. For the money the quality should be similar to Toyota, but as it stands now, the quality is not even as good as Kia, which also has good exterior styling and a much lower price. This is the first Honda I ever purchased and also the last.

Update on earlier review
By Phred

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car 6 months ago and the more I see of it the more I think I made the wrong choice. Got stuck in a snow bank and of course there are no hooks under the car to attach a chain to pull it out - dig, dig, dig!!! Two months ago the side sliding door jumped off the track and had to be repaired -- two days in the shop!! On real cold days, before driving, the tire pressure alert show low tire pressure. I think Honda needs some better engineering!!

Not many to rave about!

See above and earlier post.

Steve in Guelph
By Steve in Guelph

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Passenger window rattles, brakes are poor, seat is hard and uncomfortable, radio sound quality is dismal. Also the paint is rough to the touch as though it has dirt embedded in it. The steering wheel does not return to the on center position without assistance. I read all the reviews before purchasing and cannot believe that they were mostly positive. Perhaps the higher models are more comfortable.

Interior space and storage

Seats, brakes, steering and paint

Great van
By honda

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned for 5K miles and 8 months. Great van, no real issues. Drives and handles like a car. Much nicer to drive than our Dodge Grand Caravan and handles nicer than a Sienna. Road noise is a little more pronounced than in other vans, but not bad at all. Had DVD player installed aftermarket for 1/2 the price. Mileage is as advertised, 20 around town, 24 highway, and we're very light on the pedal

Heated seats are great in the winter, rear view camera, remote sliding doors are very handy with the kids.

Interior lights do not turn off automatically after say 10 minutes like on many other vehicles. If you leave a light switch on or don't shut a door tightly, you'll have a dead battery. We've had it happen 3 times now.