Used 2008 Honda Odyssey LX Minivan Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Poor Tranny
By JR

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had nothing but problems with the transmission.

No More!
By Tony Cruz

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my van with 30K miles, and now nearly 90K miles I had a major engine failure (cylinder 5 blew). Honda knows there have been problems with this particular year, yet, will not make me whole. My warranty, of course, was useless. I was over my miles by 200 miles, all highway miles en route to my father in laws funeral. They didn't do sqaut for me! Let's just say I will not be buying another honda again. They're no longer 'reliable' to me and they produced an inferior product. I've got two old Fords that are still kicking! I'll be buying American moving forward...thanks to honda.

What good are features if the damn car is not reliable!

My impression is you have cut corners in production or something. I spent nearly $24K plus interest to buy this van on the BELIEF it would be reliable (even new used), because it was a HONDA. How foolish I was and how do I truly regret making this buy. There is something wrong with the engine in the production model and you are perfectly willing to let the consumer bear the burden for your lack of engineering effort and honesty. Forget the model, your engines are supposed to be one of the most envied, with a long history of useful life. What happened? Is the need to cut cost so strong, so needed by your shareholders, that you're willing to lose your reputation in the process?

Good Travel Vehicle - 2008 Odyssey
By kathy68

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned a 99 Honda Odyssey and had it for 9 years. Many recalls including transmission replacement on that model year. Purchased a new 2008 Honda Odyssey and have had good luck with it so far -- over 65,000 miles on it. Soft brake issue recall was resolved. Traveled 4,000 miles last summer to Colorado through the rockies and also to the east coast and it was a great travel vehicle.

large interior space.

better gas mileage.

Safest Minvan
By pbconspiracy

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a 2008 Grand Caravan, which was nothing but problems for a CPO 2008 Odyssey.
Had it for 6 months with no issues.
Extremely comfortable, and performed flawlessly on a 1,500 trip this summer.
However, the best feature is the safety of this vehicle.
My wife & daughter were rear-ended by a car doing 40mph while they were standing still.
Car totaled; Odyssey incurred $5,000 worth of damage.
Wife and daughter walked away unhurt.

3.5l V6 is powerful & smooth. Handles like a dream.

Nothing.

Never buy a honda
By julieinky

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned Odessey since 10-08.My husband and I thought we were buying a reliable vehicle for our family, but proven wrong!While driving with our 2 children in the van hit the brakes to slow down and the vehicle accelerated on its own.We had to fight to keep from hitting the turning car in front of us.Had in dealership 6 times to fix the problem NOT fixed yet. This isn't a constant problem and dealer can not diagnose a problem. May not happen for another 600 miles. Therefore while driving constantly have hand on gear shift in case the van needs to be put in neutral.Scared to death to have kids in the van. Air leaks, wind noise, interior lights come for no reason!