2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
1st owner & 5 1/2 yrs later I am still happy!
By billybeefcake on 05/27/14 11:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I picked out a 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 5 1/2 years ago with 20 miles on it. We now have just over 73,000 on the vehicle, and we are even more happy now than when we purchased the van because nothing has gone wrong. There has been several recalls such as the brakes, the transmission reprogramming, and cabin noise, but Honda was pretty good (once they acknowledged the issues) at taking care of them. With a fully loaded van (family/cargo) on a flat road I can get 27/28 mpg easily. In town she avg. 18-20 depending on how much a/c we are using. As for us we have had a good experience.

a great hauler
By zman34 on 03/08/14 20:36 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first minivan due to kids. We left an x3 to get the van, as a left over from previous model year. Hard to beat for camping and any trip with the kids. Comfortable and peppy for a vehicle well over 4000 pounds. Leaking rear shocks at 50000 were a bit expensive. Warranty replacement of wheel bearing and piece of the steering pump. At 70000 now with no other issues. Mpg socks but you are pushing a heavy box through the wing. .. What do you expect? The variable cylinder management is a joke for Mpg improvement. With the volume of these cars sold, I am not surprised there are a few issues reported here. My mazda 3 have been bullet proof to 70,000, still made in japan. Odyssey in A

Honda Marriage on the Rocks!
By Rich on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It was love at first sight, but after 26,000 mi, I'm close to filing for divorce on my 2008 Odyssey! "How do I unlove thee? Let me count the Defects!" 1. Rattles and window whistles from day one. 2. Mushy brakes: Recalled 3. Shutter and maddening erratic shifting: Re- programmed Transmission. 4. Loud Power Steering noises: Replaced plugged Power Steering Reservoir. 5. And, finally, failed Torque Converter: Replaced. I really what to love her, but she's making it awfully difficult. I guess, like some beautiful women, she's great to look at but she's nothing but trouble on the inside! I hope Honda doesn't run out of parts before the warranty expires!

Need to discover noise
By LEONA WILLIAMS on 08/06/10 21:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The van has been making a popping and clicking noise in the front took it to the dealer several times the techs can not figure the problem. Right now the problem still exist problem can't be found, car is still under warranty. I received a rental and they called me back stating that the car was fixed, when driving of in the vehicle the noise still exist can someone please give me some legal advice. Thought when I got a Honda, I thought I was getting the best now I feel like I got a piece of junk. Should have gotten a Chevy. I am very disappointed

Excellent so far
By RHB in PA on 07/31/10 10:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2008 EX-L. Very good long-distance hauler, love the comfort of the Honda seating. Tiny turning radius for such a big vehicle. Handling, acceleration, ride are very good. Only complaint is the lousy original tires, Michelins that we're replacing next weekend after only 25,000 miles.

The Van to have!
By Tom Ryan on 05/16/10 12:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you have to own a van hands down this is the van you want. Let's face it. It is a Honda! Bought our EX-L new in 2008 about 2500 under invoice. Extremely reliable, fun, looks great feels great. We only have 1 child (9) but love to travel to Florida and elsewhere. Plenty of room and I can easily get 27mpg cruising 75mph on the interstate. Headlights are phenomenal, design is great. I'm looking for a 2010 right now. I catch a lot of crap from friends for "driving a minivan" but this is a sweet ride and great resale.

Overall happy except for rattles
By haji on 12/31/09 15:18 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned this car for 1.5 years. Fairly happy with it, no mechanical problems yet. It offers lots of room for the whole family including the in- laws. Rattles - the plastic panels along the outside vertical edge of the driver and passenger doors badly rattle at high speed(fix with body shop tape). Rear seats are difficult to access when child's seats are installed in middle row. The system informs how close you are to an oil change using the TPMS(tire pressure monitoring system) light comes and the engine light. The TPMS light should only come on when there is a problem with tire pressure and should not be used to communicate the need for an oil change - imho. Mileage is ok ~ 20mph

Glad I bought a mini van
By Texdav on 05/02/09 14:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was really stuck whether to buy a van. But now I am glad I did. After 10 months it has been a good experience. I was also wondering about the cylinder shutdown feature but never notice it; it's so smooth. Mileage on a half city; half hwy was 21MPG when checked. Haven't really found any thing I don't like. Everyone that has driven or rode in it is impressed.

2008 Odyssey EX-L
By Doca on 04/28/09 16:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got a screaming deal on the Odyssey EX- L 2008 for only $26,388. I have to admit that I was not that excited when my wife wanted to get a van but now I am a convert. Roomy, functional, and surprisingly agile, which is the reason why I picked the Odyssey over the Sienna. Nice fit and finish, power delivery is smooth across the range (no kick down , comfortable ride even in the third row!! My only beef with it is that the gas mileage stinks in city driving. No other issue so far after over 9000 miles. Improve the gas mileage rating and it's a true winner. Very happy with purchase.

Good Van
By Zman on 03/22/09 20:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The van has great interior fit finish and space flexibilty. Little I would do to improve, other than some road noise and very poor MPG. With the variable cylinder management, I has hoping to get near the sticker MPG. There seems to be some extra vibration in the steering column when the engine is under load. It was bad enough I actually thought a tire was out of balance - easy to get at and change the engine oil.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.