Used 2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews - 151 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Odyssey my Odyssey
By Paas

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Honda's Are Wonderful
By Suzan Rollins

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

VCM a total flaw
By Herb Tolawinski

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wish I could like the car but I'm tired of the repeated visits to the dealer to fix what really is a faulty engineering issue. VCM creates more problems than it solves. I wish that wasn't so. The Honda techs are saying this and, almost, apologetic about it. I wish that I could do my part to cut down on fuel consumption to be environmentally friendly. The problem is, the poorly implemented VCM causes me to go through 5 quarts of oil every 5,000 miles. I've had to replace cylinder rings and motor mounts and things are still not right. There's a TSB for this that's supposed to cover 2008+ vehicles but, for whatever reason, it doesn't apply to mine. So I'm stuck with the options to sell it (and pass this nightmare on to someone else who will develop the same feelings about Honda as I) or to remain on a first name basis with the Service Manager.

Older ones were better
By craig

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2006 was one of the last year the Honda Van was really a good. Our 2008 has issues with the sliding doors, loose window trim on the sides and this crazy melting window glue that looks like black tar. A real pain to clean off. It seems to be a southern US thing with extreme heat or reflected heat on hot days, such as store windows back onto the car. Were looking for a new car and for the first time in 10 years it will not be a Honda/ Shame they could not stay focused on the details.

No More!
By Tony Cruz

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my van with 30K miles, and now nearly 90K miles I had a major engine failure (cylinder 5 blew). Honda knows there have been problems with this particular year, yet, will not make me whole. My warranty, of course, was useless. I was over my miles by 200 miles, all highway miles en route to my father in laws funeral. They didn't do sqaut for me! Let's just say I will not be buying another honda again. They're no longer 'reliable' to me and they produced an inferior product. I've got two old Fords that are still kicking! I'll be buying American moving forward...thanks to honda.

What good are features if the damn car is not reliable!

My impression is you have cut corners in production or something. I spent nearly $24K plus interest to buy this van on the BELIEF it would be reliable (even new used), because it was a HONDA. How foolish I was and how do I truly regret making this buy. There is something wrong with the engine in the production model and you are perfectly willing to let the consumer bear the burden for your lack of engineering effort and honesty. Forget the model, your engines are supposed to be one of the most envied, with a long history of useful life. What happened? Is the need to cut cost so strong, so needed by your shareholders, that you're willing to lose your reputation in the process?