2008 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Good Travel Vehicle - 2008 Odyssey
By kathy68 on 02/23/12 13:15 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned a 99 Honda Odyssey and had it for 9 years. Many recalls including transmission replacement on that model year. Purchased a new 2008 Honda Odyssey and have had good luck with it so far -- over 65,000 miles on it. Soft brake issue recall was resolved. Traveled 4,000 miles last summer to Colorado through the rockies and also to the east coast and it was a great travel vehicle.

Safest Minvan
By pbconspiracy on 11/15/11 09:16 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a 2008 Grand Caravan, which was nothing but problems for a CPO 2008 Odyssey. Had it for 6 months with no issues. Extremely comfortable, and performed flawlessly on a 1,500 trip this summer. However, the best feature is the safety of this vehicle. My wife & daughter were rear-ended by a car doing 40mph while they were standing still. Car totaled; Odyssey incurred $5,000 worth of damage. Wife and daughter walked away unhurt.

Never buy a honda
By julieinky on 03/02/10 17:25 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned Odessey since 10-08.My husband and I thought we were buying a reliable vehicle for our family, but proven wrong!While driving with our 2 children in the van hit the brakes to slow down and the vehicle accelerated on its own.We had to fight to keep from hitting the turning car in front of us.Had in dealership 6 times to fix the problem NOT fixed yet. This isn't a constant problem and dealer can not diagnose a problem. May not happen for another 600 miles. Therefore while driving constantly have hand on gear shift in case the van needs to be put in neutral.Scared to death to have kids in the van. Air leaks, wind noise, interior lights come for no reason!

Honest Review / Inferior Vehicle
By OddVan on 03/15/09 18:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle purchased new 08/07. Have had many issues that started as early as 500 miles including dead battery, headlamp switch short, relays short, clunking noises to front undercarriage, steering column replacement, slider door safety locks freeze preventing sliders to lock while open, rattles to right door trim panels. The newest of the problems now at 21K to address with dealer is the headliner seam coming apart and the heater controls not functioning properly. We have NEVER been so unhappy with a vehicle. Traded our 02 Toy Sienna, what a mistake. Tried trading this vehicle in, dealers are offering low trade... now I wonder if the reliability factor was utilized in the low trade offers.

Steve in Guelph
By Steve in Guelph on 02/03/09 18:39 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Passenger window rattles, brakes are poor, seat is hard and uncomfortable, radio sound quality is dismal. Also the paint is rough to the touch as though it has dirt embedded in it. The steering wheel does not return to the on center position without assistance. I read all the reviews before purchasing and cannot believe that they were mostly positive. Perhaps the higher models are more comfortable.

Honest Review
By HondaLoyalist on 10/10/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our sixth Honda, and third Honda minivan. The 2008 van is impressive in every way but one. The brakes are - (and I am not stretching the truth here) - the brakes are the worst brakes I've ever had on any vehicle be it car, van, truck, or bicycle! Took it back to the dealer and was told this was normal? Now if it were a faulty cup holder or other trivial item, I would have some tolerance, however I am almost afraid to drive this vehicle. It seems the vehicle quality from the Georgia factory is way below par for the Honda that I know (My 2002 van was built there too and had a huge list of problems).

'Tis good
By Daniel Guidos on 09/21/08 17:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The interior lacks in luxury but it makes it up with practicality. The stereo is limited (LX) only one CD but it sounds great. The displays are clear. The sitting height is nice. At my frame of 6'3" it's comfortable. My teenage son thought it handled a lot like a car.

Good bad and ugly
By param on 07/14/08 10:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Based on several reviews I bought Odyssey without much thoughts. It is a good van for family. But, now I have 900 miles in the car with an awful 10-11 miles/gallon city + fwy. I saw some others also complains about low mileage of odyssey. while my friends 2008 odyssey gives 21 mpg city + fwy in my driving. I took it to the dealer and they asked to leave the car for 3 days for fuel test with out any compensation for replacement car. In general the odyssey makes lot of noise.

Love my Minivan
By Christe on 07/09/08 16:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my van. I tried the Toyota and was not impressed. Although you can get more for your money. The quality was not superb as mine. I'd rather get basic model and get the right choice! However Honda's basic does come with a lot. Toyota offers some of my basics as options. The gas mileage is great as well. I am getting 19/20 mpg. We all need that with the gas prices. I'd rather drive a van than any suv too.

The Best Minivan for its Class
By yodpad on 06/19/08 02:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far since I purchased this car has been terrific. Drive very smooth. I have put 3000 miles on the already. Has a great acceleration. and Good on gas mileage compare to other van.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.