2008 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
1st owner & 5 1/2 yrs later I am still happy!
By billybeefcake on 05/27/14 11:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I picked out a 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 5 1/2 years ago with 20 miles on it. We now have just over 73,000 on the vehicle, and we are even more happy now than when we purchased the van because nothing has gone wrong. There has been several recalls such as the brakes, the transmission reprogramming, and cabin noise, but Honda was pretty good (once they acknowledged the issues) at taking care of them. With a fully loaded van (family/cargo) on a flat road I can get 27/28 mpg easily. In town she avg. 18-20 depending on how much a/c we are using. As for us we have had a good experience.

The new Honda Quality sadly
By homersodysey08 on 05/06/14 15:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a few significant problems. First is was the soft break pedal which was a known technical service problem "fixed" by applying silicone to the known leak. At 9K mi transmission quit. They tried to blame me. They said they could find out what I had done for $180/hour. Needed my car so 2 days later they found a loose wire connector re-connected it "under warranty". Shortly beyond the 36 mo warranty (13K mi) again a soft to the floor brake pedal. I found the original TSB for the brakes and insisted they perform that "fix"a new VSA stability module I paid $400 for the part. Now they say soft is normal but I just got a recall notice for a brake defect, they got caught 5 yrs later

a great hauler
By zman34 on 03/08/14 20:36 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first minivan due to kids. We left an x3 to get the van, as a left over from previous model year. Hard to beat for camping and any trip with the kids. Comfortable and peppy for a vehicle well over 4000 pounds. Leaking rear shocks at 50000 were a bit expensive. Warranty replacement of wheel bearing and piece of the steering pump. At 70000 now with no other issues. Mpg socks but you are pushing a heavy box through the wing. .. What do you expect? The variable cylinder management is a joke for Mpg improvement. With the volume of these cars sold, I am not surprised there are a few issues reported here. My mazda 3 have been bullet proof to 70,000, still made in japan. Odyssey in A

Rust problems Truck Around Tail Light
By jeffwh on 01/24/14 17:08 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Honda Poor Customer Service In just 5 years rust in around rear signal lights broke through the paint and started flaking off. It was unbelievable. I told Honda of the issue and they inspected the vechile and they concluded the vechile had not been in an accident or repainted. They would not pay for the repair. Van was well in perfect conditions otherwise. Amazing van to drive but customer service. Terrible! Be careful.

Rear engine mount failure very costly
By lonosc on 12/24/12 08:27 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just spent $1K replacing the rear engine mount after 60K miles. After researching further, discovered this is common part failure, and will re-occur every 50 - 60,000 miles. Will definitely trade off this vehicle before another 60K miles and will never buy another again. This is a vital part and should not fail so frequently. I expected better quality from Honda.

Space Galore
By mrcarp on 11/29/12 05:49 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As much as don't like to admit it, I pushed my wife into getting a minivan. We got the '08 EX-L in the summer of 2011 and are very pleased so far. Honda hit the mark with the Odyssey and the new ones look even better. We have not yet experienced any of the major negative issues that I have seen...knock on wood.

Good Travel Vehicle - 2008 Odyssey
By kathy68 on 02/23/12 13:15 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned a 99 Honda Odyssey and had it for 9 years. Many recalls including transmission replacement on that model year. Purchased a new 2008 Honda Odyssey and have had good luck with it so far -- over 65,000 miles on it. Soft brake issue recall was resolved. Traveled 4,000 miles last summer to Colorado through the rockies and also to the east coast and it was a great travel vehicle.

Safest Minvan
By pbconspiracy on 11/15/11 09:16 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a 2008 Grand Caravan, which was nothing but problems for a CPO 2008 Odyssey. Had it for 6 months with no issues. Extremely comfortable, and performed flawlessly on a 1,500 trip this summer. However, the best feature is the safety of this vehicle. My wife & daughter were rear-ended by a car doing 40mph while they were standing still. Car totaled; Odyssey incurred $5,000 worth of damage. Wife and daughter walked away unhurt.

Honda's transmission is terrible!!!!!
By burgh2 on 10/23/11 14:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second Honda I have owned..it will be my last. The Acccord I purchased had a bad transmission in the model line, but I was lucky and it ran fine for me. This time, I landed squarely on a terrible transmission. It shifts constantly at highway speed. 55-60, 60-65, 65-70, 75-80mph...I've tried setting the cruise and it just keeps shifting. It's like riding in a vehicle that is hiccupping all the time!!! I've owned Toyota's and Nissan's in the past and have had great success, so long Honda!

Honda Marriage on the Rocks!
By Rich on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It was love at first sight, but after 26,000 mi, I'm close to filing for divorce on my 2008 Odyssey! "How do I unlove thee? Let me count the Defects!" 1. Rattles and window whistles from day one. 2. Mushy brakes: Recalled 3. Shutter and maddening erratic shifting: Re- programmed Transmission. 4. Loud Power Steering noises: Replaced plugged Power Steering Reservoir. 5. And, finally, failed Torque Converter: Replaced. I really what to love her, but she's making it awfully difficult. I guess, like some beautiful women, she's great to look at but she's nothing but trouble on the inside! I hope Honda doesn't run out of parts before the warranty expires!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.