Severe Transmission Problem
By 2007 Odyssey Owner on
2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
My Honda Odyssey is less than 4 years old and it now has 53K miles. It started juddering slightly soon after I got it. Every time I took it back to the dealership, I was told my brake was bad and my tires were bad. With a new front brake and all four new tires, the judder continued and got much worse. I again took it back and also received the recall notice Honda at about the same time. I was told that the software update should take care of this problem, but it did not. I took it back again and another software update and the transmission fluid flush was performed. It was good for three days and the problem returned. I contacted Honda CS and did not get a decent response.
Favorite Features
Spaces and would be comfortable if does not judder.
Suggested Improvements
I do not know how many other Odyssey have the same problem as mine. Honda must address this transmission issue as soon as possible before anyone gets hurt. We are still driving uphill (where we live) everyday with the very severe judder problem.
By unhappyowner07
on 03/23/12 09:55 AM (PDT)

This is a continuation of my last post 07/03/10 regarding the transmission problem with my 2007 Odyssey. The dealership I went told me that Honda did not admit there was problem with the transmission because the engine light did not turn on. Eventually the dealership did have put in a new torque converter. However, there was and is still problem with brake even after they re-rotor the disc?. I think the dealership does not what the problem is. On one rainy, I almost hit the car in front of mine because the odyssey glided forward even though I pressed the brake all the way. I called Honda manufacture customer service and spoke to the manager. I urged him to look into this problem before an accident happens and someone gets hurt. I was told that this is not a manufacture defect but a wear and tear (even I had just have the brake replaced). He told me and here is his exact words, "Call us back when something happen to your family." The case is now closed. Would you buy another Honda? I know I definitely will not.