Still Running Great
By sb2323 on
2007 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Bought used in 2009. It now has 120,000 miles, a mix of long highway driving and short trips. This car has not been babied. Only maintenance is oil/filter changes. We've had to put a couple thousand dollars into it replacing normal aging things. Passenger side door has to be pulled twice to get it to close or open and it kinda thuds when it does. The cloth interior has a lot of worn spots and paint around the bumper is peeling in places. Overall it's been a great car. The kids hate driving in an "uncool" minivan but love having room for a bunch of friends. They love the interior as well. This car is great for long road trips. Very comfortable. I plan to drive it another 100,000.
Favorite Features
Good handling, good acceleration, tight turning radius, smooth and quiet ride, comfortable seats, lots of great storage, well laid out, full size spare, ability to seat eight, ability to reconfigure center row as needed. 6'6" husband is not cramped, nor is the person who sits behind him. (Though a full grown man might have less legroom than he'd like if he sat behind my husband.)
Suggested Improvements
It was a great car for its year. The new Odysseys look a lot less minivan-like, which is great and which I would have appreciated. One problem I've had with my Odyssey is I can't readily see the gas gauge. My line of sight is somehow blocked by the steering wheel. This is the only car that I'm not infrequently shocked into realizing I'm almost on E. My husband, who is a foot taller than me, has the same issue.